Thoraz Waves hi!

Moderator: Littlabit

Thoraz
Whee!

Thoraz Waves hi!

Postby Thoraz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:41 am

Hi everyone! .

I popped into the forums this morning and found the heart of CN is still in full gear here and it warms my own heart.

Talk about relief efforts, the raids and all the helpfulness that has always been CN make me glad to see it live and well.

I miss all of you folks.

My summer was quite turbulent and has finally settled down over this past month. I have a new girlfriend again and hopefully this time (fingers crossed) I can keep her. ha-ha!

We started playing EQ2 Trial of the Isle this past weekend and she is a complete newbie with any kind of computer games, but she loves it. (She is a LOTR fan, big time! and the rpg version comes out next year.)

Thoraz is 59 and 3/4 in WoW, but for me that game is done. I will get him to 60 there and try out battlegrounds a time or two just to say I did. But my time there is done.

I tried out EQ1 again back a few months ago, but found it really frustrating switching out to desktop to look stuff up as I only have one computer on my home desk atm. And I always have emails and chat running nowadays with my company being global. The only problem with global is all the different time zones and I do need sleep sometimes. ha-ha

So I think for my future I see Thoraz the Dwarf Paladin wandering in EQ2 this coming fall and winter. Tami the Halfling Rogue will be wandering the zones with him.

You folks all take care in here. :)
Thoraz - Ancient One from the frozen North

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:55 am

Dear Thoraz,

Hey Mister, I have just one word for you......

~HULA~

Ok so maybe I have more words but will have to shoot you an email :) Glad to see you're still popping in around here though, you may have won that 'Forgotten Heroes" contest wayyy back when- but you'll never be forgotton around these parts.

Big hugs to you and give me all the juicy dirt with the new GF ;)
Your buddy, pal, friend & dance partner,
Silly

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:58 am

:shock: :oops: :D

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:58 am

It took me allot of work but I finnally got my window sizes set so that I could run EQ windowed with the primary window neary the same size as full screen, I also made some changes with windows compatibility program at one time to allow alt-tab'ing the last time I had to reset all this when I formated my hard drive to fix some problems I didnt need to use the compatibility thing. Anyway as long as I have something running behind EQ I can alt tab to other running programs and if not I can use the commands to minimize EQ to open something or just hit my windows button and select something from start list. Its pretty easy really.

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:06 am

Thanks Pohl. I'll have to play with it sometime. I remember my text getting all squashed in EQ1 when I alt-tabbed in and out to try it, and then a couple times it just plain froze my computer and I just gave up.

samane
Whee!

Postby samane » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:09 pm

Aww
Thoraz has a gf:(

I wanted to be his gf

Well, Good luck and Good lovin hon.
Love and hugs
Samane

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:17 pm

Alt tab started to work with windows xp SP2
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:11 pm

Siderius, yes Alt-tab did ()and I use that a lot), but EQ1hiccups when I switch in and out on my computer, and as Pohl said, a bunch of fiddling around (with screen sizesand other things) might have eliminated that issue.

On a brighter note, I did get EQ2 to automatically work in windows mode and have been having no problems at all.

Silly, we shall have to Hula again soon. ;)

Samane, you honour me with your words, dear lady.

Everyone else... have fun! hehe. :lol:

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:09 pm

Good to see you still nosing around Thoraz. You stuck out WoW longer than I did. You really could come back to EQ1...it is still fun:)

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:22 am

Great to see you, noble Thoraz! Despite your nomadic wanderings, you will always have a place here, for your spirit remains within our hearts. Be safe wherever you adventure and come visit as often as you can, my friend. Huzzah! /salute

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:14 am

Hehe, Thanks Kaldolur.
I am still waiting to see what Tami's work schedule will be like this fall, before I decide whether to get staion access (so I can go into EQ1 and EQ2) or not. Thoraz is currently exploring EQ2. We'll see what the fall brings to our home.