ok.. So I got Sold....

Moderator: Littlabit

ok.. So I got Sold....

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:37 am

On this stuff called Tahitian Noni. And I know this is probably not the most Appropriate place to put this, BUT, I had to share this story with EVERYONE I know that reads these boards..

As some of you know, (And all of you will now) My dad has Severe RA, (Rhuematoid (SP) arthritus) and has been suffering for several years because of it. And a Friend of mine, which I met thru EQ introduced me to this stuff called Tahitian Noni. A fruit from Tahiti. Now, I started going thru all these websites, looking for the good, and the bad to this stuff. Went thru Scam sites, went thru Facts or myths, checked with the FDA, everything. For everyone 1 bad thing I have heard about this, (Which are usually very MINOR things such as bad taste, or it didn't work for them) there are 4 good things to be said about it. Well, I decided to have my Dad try it. After all, spending between 2 and 500 dollars a month for medications just to take the edge off the pain so he could minorly move on a cane thru out the day was just NOT living. So, I was able to get him a case of this stuff.

It says on the bottle, May take up to 6 weeks to work. Ok, No problem, this is an experiment anyway, so let's just see.

My Dad got the case last week, (And no it isn't cheap stuff) and started taking it. 2 oz of a morning, 2 oz of an evening, and asked his doctor, and friends what they thought of it. His Doctor recommended it, and a friend of his had been taking it for about 6 months, and it was dong wonders for him.

I spoke to my Dad this morning, and he told me it was working. He said he didn't feel near as much Pain, He had more energy, and he loved it! So now, I'm telling all of you about it.

Now usually, I'm not sold on anything. Takes a bit for me to get fired up about something I'm not really sure works. When my Dad told me it works this morning, I was overjoyed! We had tried everything for him, and something FINALLY Works, and it's a fruit. That's when I said, "I have to tell my Virtual Family about this!"

I called this company this morning, and said "Sign me up!" So I am now a distributor of Noni. And one thing I found out was that it offers this Money Back Garuntee (SP) if it doesn't work. So now I'm asking all of you to try it, and see if it doesn't help with Quality of Life.

Now don't get me wrong, I know some of you are thinking, "Saphirone, this is EQ." Well, CN, You are also my Family, and I know some suffer from health problems, and I just want to say, This stuff WORKS! I'll be more than willing to hand out any and all information about it, just PM me. I've got my whole Family in on this now, (RL Family who suffers from an array of illnesses) and I want all of you to know about it! It has helped cancer patients, RA Patients, Depression Patients, and if it doesn't work for you, You get all your money back. Thusfore a win win Situation.

Other than that, I can't WAIT for Raids this evening! GO GO CN GO GO!!!!

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:38 am

GAH! That last post was me, guess it signed me out before I could get it all typed out, hehe.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:11 pm

I am not sure how to say this. But I am very skeptical. Even tho I believe you tell the truth I am not sure if this stuff you are trying to sell is the cause.

What other things have your dad done this weak that he hasnt done before. Have he eaten anything special or do you know that this wouldnt have happened anyway?

What about the placebo effect?

Would this product survive a real controlled testing with several groups that some got the real stuff and others just got water. And would you see a clear difference between the group that it really helps. Or is this a marketing trick of a product they tried the test on but it didnt succeed and they wanted to make money anyway?

I am not automatically saying it wont work, I am just skeptic towards stuff that advertise with stuff like this has helped this and this person etc. Then it doesnt seem very serious to me.

Sorry if this was kinda negative. Its just my opinion.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:37 pm

Oh No offense taken hun, As I thought the same thing! They have done several Labratory tests on Tahitian Noni, and All has a pretty Positive outcome. Now don't get me wrong, it doesn't work for Everyone, but I know it worked for my Dad. He has done nothing different then he does from every other day/week/month. That's why I know this stuff works. He had a friend who had been taking it for about 6 months, and had been doing wonders for his RA, but My Dad never bought into it, thinking maybe it was another fad. (Yes we have been thru a lot of "Fads" Thinking something would work for his RA, but didn't.) So seeing as I was able to get the Noni with no costs to him, just so he "Could" try it, and it worked! First Herbal thing that has worked, so for me, I'm getting everyone to at least just "Try" it. If it doesn't work, you get a full refund. So your out your money for the time your trying Noni, and if it doesn't work, return the bottle, get your Money back. Give me just a bit, and I will compile a list of websites for you, :)
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:21 pm

Just found this hehe on a site

Conditions Reported Helped With Noni

Allergy Symptoms lessened

Weight Loss

Pain Relief

Headache Relief

Cancer Symptoms Lessened

Depression Symptoms Lessened

Fybromyalgia Symptoms Lessened

Anti-Aging

Arthritis Symptoms Lessened

Improved Breathing

Increased Energy

Improved Digestion

Diabetes (Type I and II)

Shaper Memory

Mental Clarity / Increased Awareness

Decreased High Blood Pressure

Heart Disease Lessened

Increase Muscle

Increased Sexual Enjoyment

Improved Kidney Health

Better Sleep

Decreased Stress

Aid to Help Stop Smoking

Increased Overall Feeling of Well Being

Then on a really small text at the bottom
Noni Juice does not claim to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

I found it funny. But Clarity of Mind... perhaps I should take it while studying :p to get better grades?
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:41 pm

Or better mana regen ;)

Anything that's not FDA approved, more or less, has to warn that they cannot guarantee any effects. But they can say it 'might' do anything.
<a href="">Test</A>

Secksiee
Two-Faced

Postby Secksiee » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:55 pm

That's awesome that it makes your dad feel better. I know a person with severe RA --her fingers and toes are perma-bent, like hooks, she cant move her arms up much without taking her other hand and pushing it up, her knees are slightly perma-bent, same with her elbows. I know how much pain she goes through , so anything that works(or makes them feel better atleast) is a great thing.
Drewyd Van`Trellis
Secksiee Shadestepper
Retired Celestial Navigator
~~~~
Bryare Solimar
Trademaster of Legacy on Unrest
Eq II

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:12 pm

Aye, Noni Has to put that there, but they can share success stories, and none of the stories are fake. And seeing with my own eyes what it can do, (Such as relieve pain and give energy for my Dad) Has me hook line and sinker, consering there were a lot of other products out there claiming to do the same thing, and did nothing.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Baelea
Whee!

Postby Baelea » Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:53 pm

HEADACHE RELIEF??? Ohhhhhh I need that!
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1237785"><font color=CC00FF>BAELEA </a></font></font>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1237950"><font color=CC00FF>JOOWANNA </a></font></font>

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:05 pm

http://www.fivestarproductions.com/todayshealth/past_featured_stories.asp?SEGMENTNUMBER=3247A

http://www.iwr.com/noni-juice/warnings.htm

http://www.tahitian-miracle.com/equine/noni/spokespeople-charmayne-james.htm

http://www.athensnewspapers.com/ads/biz_spot/index-050426.shtml

http://www.slucia.com/noni/doctors.pdf

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/living/health/12117927.htm

http://www.chordmelody.com/newpage51.htm

http://www.acscsn.org/view/viewer?object_id=csn:rel:wallace2339342897041050162740

http://www.dirtworld.com/productreviews/details.asp?id=4144&rn=5&rt=5

Those are just a few websites about Tahitian Noni. Now I will say this, Noni is NOT For everyone and there are some folks out there who really don't like this stuff. If you find it isn't for you, turn the bottle in, get your money back, and try something else. I wouldn't say it cures everything, but I will say from the 2 months of web research I have done, and talking to people, and then seeing it for myself, I will say that in most cases, it does help. As for me, I'm a believer.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:06 pm

GAH!! Stupid thing keeps logging out, hehe Post above was mine also. And any who would like anymore information, or would like to order, or talk to someone else about it, Just PM me, or email me at Saphirone@gmail.com, :)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:18 am

Anything that's not FDA approved

The FDA is a joke anyhow. I could go on and on about this....

Seriously though, do research, do your homework...I prefer natural remedies to pill-popping anyhow. If that Noni contains an ingredient (be it vitamin, mineral, or even it just induces the power of positive thinking) to help someone out, than fantastic! America has become a culture that thinks anything can be cured by means of drugs (and ONLY by means of drugs), when in reality, most (not all, don't hate me for this statement fellow Americans) of our health problems are brought on by unhealthy eating and lack of exercise, and continuing to eat unhealthy and not get exercise while taking pills to mask pain won't do people any good.

I'd far rather see your dad drinking some fruit juice and feeling better than getting doped out of his mind on pain killers every day.

Blackbane911
Whee!

Postby Blackbane911 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:06 am

Because I am a biomedical scientist at the National Institutes of Health, I can tap into what is basically the entire database of published scientific literature. I searched on "Noni" which is an extract of Morinda citrifolia in this database. Most citations were from obscure journals or alternative medicine journals with less-than-stellar reputations. The journal of the citation below, however, is peer-reviewed and is pretty solid. Also, the in vitro techniques and behavioral paradigms they use are pretty standard.

J Pharm Pharmacol. 2005 May;57(5):607-15. Related Articles, Links

In-vitro and in-vivo anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive effects of the methanol extract of the roots of Morinda officinalis.

Kim IT, Park HJ, Nam JH, Park YM, Won JH, Choi J, Choe BK, Lee KT.

College of Pharmacy, Kyung-Hee University, 1 Hoegi-Dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-701, Korea.

The anti-inflammatory effects of the methanol extract of the roots of Morinda officinalis (MEMO) (Rubiaceae) were evaluated in-vitro and in-vivo. The effects of MEMO on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)induced responses in the murine macrophage cell line RAW 264.7 were examined. MEMO potently inhibited the production of nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandin E2 and tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha) in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 macrophages. Consistent with these results, the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) at the protein level, and of iNOS, COX-2 and TNF-alpha at the mRNA level, was also inhibited by MEMO in a concentration-dependent manner. Furthermore, MEMO inhibited the nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappaB) activation induced by LPS, and this was associated with the prevention of degradation of the inhibitor kappaB (IkappaB), and subsequently with attenuated p65 protein in the nucleus. The anti-inflammatory effect of MEMO was examined in rats using the carrageenan-induced oedema model. The antinociceptive effects of MEMO were assessed in mice using the acetic acid-induced abdominal constriction test and the hot-plate test. MEMO (100, 200 mg kg-1 per day, p.o.) exhibited anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive effects in these animal models. Taken together, the data demonstrate that MEMO has anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activity, inhibiting iNOS, COX-2 and TNF-alpha expression by down-regulating NF-kappaB binding activity.

OK, what this means in English is that the molecule isolated from the plant extract, thought to be the "active ingredient" apparently acts in the petri dish to shut down or stifle the chemical pathways long understood to be involved in generating inflammation and the experience of pain. It also appears to blunt the reactivity of rodents to a hot plate on the behavioral level.

So, while I think a lot of these web sites are probably "get rich off public infatuation with alternative medicine (and placebo effect)" there may be something to this.

In any case, glad your pop is feeling better.

BB

Edit Note: ANYONE can at least access the abstracts (like above) in this database by going to

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi

and entering your search terms. Hey, your tax dollars paid for most of the research anyway!

What is cool about my job is that I have access to the WHOLE article in pdf format...
Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.
Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server
Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:18 pm

MEMO potently inhibited the production of nitric oxide (NO),

Does this have the potential for turning/keeping your doodle into a noodle?

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Hello, and yes...I'm Saph's guest.

She sent me here to see the thread. I play EQ over....*points WAAAAAAY over*....there on another server. She's told me about ya'll and loves ya to pieces.

She's also told me about the Noni thread.

Loved reading the "Dirt World" site. This one is my fav, tho...
http://p2.hostingprod.com/@worldwidescam.com//nonirep.htm I get giggles seeing people who want SOOOO badly to discredit things have to reverse their attitudes!

There are a lot of "noni" products out there. I've checked! TNI is actually listed in the Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) and has been for a couple of years. It's on page 777 of the 2005 PDR, if memory serves. Check it out! http://www.drugs.com/PDR/Tahitian_Noni_Liquid.html

I've been into herbology, aromatherapy, reflexology....all that "wierd" stuff....for years, and she seems to be right. For every bad post about this stuff, there are a BUNCH of good ones. I was interested in reading Blackbane's post. The documentation is overwhelming about it, so it's not just a new fad. Like Chinese medicine, it's over 2000 yrs old. They used it to trade with. Called it the "gold" of the islands. So....yeah. She's not blowing smoke. And after...HOW long...her dad is able to get out and WORK with the guys. Yesterday, he reported to her 50% less pain and strength in his arms and legs returning, so she's keeping me up with his progress. We're all SOO happy for him!

oh...and about helping you think? Yup! I've been taking it for a while and I am a die-hard A.D.D problem child, and it does help! And no, this isn't a commercial, but I just had to jump in and lend some support here.

One more thing...before I get kicked off here (I could go on forever...just ask my guild!)....grats on a great guild that has survived the EQ2 and WoW shock. Unfortunately, mine hasn't done quite as well, but we're trying to rebuild. Take care of Saph. She's the only one we got! :)

Gwanalla
Ancient Guardians
former guild of E'ci

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:58 pm

*Giggles* Thankies Gwanalla, and Thanks for stopping by, and giving us some more information! information is power, and helps everyone make the right decision!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:09 pm

For all of you planning on Buying Noni, you can buy it thru me now, as I am a distributor of it, and my Distributor number is 2139334. You can reach me at Saphirone@gmail.com or PM me here, :)
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 am

YAY!! Now I have the website so those wanting to order can without having to contact me, :) It's http://www.tni.com/DUnderwood
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:08 am

Has anyone else had a chance to check this out yet, and possibly have any feedback?

babuhray
Lard Boy, the CrisCo Kid Pirate!

Postby babuhray » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Hope you dad feels good and thanks for the neat reading guys.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:59 am

Bumpity Bump for any of our new members, and Board visitors.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia