Dont know if im leaving EQ but

Moderator: Littlabit

Omniox
Whee!

Dont know if im leaving EQ but

Postby Omniox » Wed May 18, 2005 6:50 pm

My account will be active even if i leave just in case i would like to come back...if any officer would like to use my account while im away let me know...not much of a cleric but she does the trick when needed...:)) see you all on some time...

Tkann
Whee!

Postby Tkann » Thu May 19, 2005 6:08 am

Nooo omni :-( come back!

Anywho, if ya don't, good luck in RL, hope everything goes well for ya!
Let's suppose we all have cows! Ladies and gentlemen: this is totally awesome. Now we all have cows!

Truthseeker
Whee!

Postby Truthseeker » Thu May 19, 2005 7:30 am

Dont go, STAY. You are not permitted to leave.

I really wish you well in RL wherever ypur path leads you. We will be here and come visit us often.

Truthseeker

Omniox
Whee!

Postby Omniox » Thu May 19, 2005 8:00 am

i wont throw away this account...nor ever sell it...but ill pop in here and there to see how every one is doing...something has gotten my attention in RL and in the game world...I just moved in with my GF and her best friend...and im trying out a new game call Guild Wars...if all fails and guild wars bites the big one im going back to EQ...ill keep in touch through this web site :) happy hunting all and have fun.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu May 19, 2005 8:13 am

You can play both? :) :) :)

Omniox
Whee!

Postby Omniox » Thu May 19, 2005 7:10 pm

i can try yes...hmm lets see...when i get on though there is usually no one really on cause of my schedule but with Guild Wars the game is quite soloable so far...its a weird game like a neverending LDoN...you have the entire zone to yourself, eliminating KSing...and every mob respawns when you zone...some aspects of the game are better then EQ, but you cant compete with 6 years of EQ development if your game just came out, but the game is really neat...ill keep my EQ account open for some months to come and ill stop by every now and then

Blackbane911
Whee!

Postby Blackbane911 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:38 am

Blackbane has a twin in GW.

I'm in the exact same situation as Ominox. I am finding GW to be *much* more attuned to my lifestyle than endgame EQ. The arrival of GW has thus finally pushed BB into quasi-retirement. I too will not surrender my account to EBAY, and I suspect I will pop on as BB every now and then because I'll miss everyone in CN. As for flagging, raids, and the never-ending-pursuit of better gear yada yada, I'm basically done.

As an aside, I concur that GW is very different from EQ, and the all-instanced gameworld (outside of cities) takes some getting used to. Also, people who really enjoy crafting might not care for GW since all you can do is harvest raw materials from drops to give to NPCs to make no-drop armor for you. Since BB and I don't craft, no biggie for me. Finally, GW stresses tactics over playtime commitment. People who invest loads of time in the game have a larger palette of skills from which to select for his/her 8 slots (like spell slots) for a mission or PvP battle, can enjoy a wide variety in play styles from session to session, but aren't necessarily that much more UBER overall than a more casual player. Hence, casual players like me can still do very well in Player vs Player via savvy tactics. THerefore, hard core MMORPGers who savor the satisfaction of being the uberest tank or fastest flowing thought character around and are willing to spend the hours farming might not like GW much either.

As for me, when life gives me 45 minutes to log on, I pick up a quest, hire some computer-controlled henchmen to complement my class (if no other player in the vicinity would like to join me on the same quest), and roll out into the wild to rock n roll. If I die, I'm back in town with all my stuff and no xp loss. Works for me.
Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.
Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server
Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Wed May 25, 2005 6:53 am

I just moved in with my GF and her best friend

Naaaa too easy :)

Omniox
Whee!

Postby Omniox » Wed May 25, 2005 11:39 am

GW is lots of fun...but its PvP only and as Blackbane said its great for a casual player...im not a casual player im a hard core gamer...and i dont let anything get in my way of my game time...as with GW its going on the shelf to be played when i like to...you can make a PvP class any time you want starting at the max lvl (20) >.< and play anytime you want...well im coming back to EQ (Tkann..Huzzah)...Tkann is taking care of omni for a while since i cant be on all the time :))...and thank you to tkann for helping me realize EQ is my real home :)...beat me senceless if i try it again :)

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Wed May 25, 2005 11:54 am

well im coming back to EQ

woohooo omniox!
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
Now residing in WoW

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu May 26, 2005 8:13 am

/cheer!

Tkann
Whee!

Postby Tkann » Thu May 26, 2005 10:14 am

no problem Omni, huzzah indeed :) good to hear you're coming back, and glad I could help/can help with Omniox flags and such :)
Let's suppose we all have cows! Ladies and gentlemen: this is totally awesome. Now we all have cows!