God has a way...

Moderator: Littlabit

Saphirone
Whee!

God has a way...

Postby Saphirone » Tue May 03, 2005 10:29 am

Of teaching life's lessons in some of the most Harsh ways. Today is not even half thru yet, and already it has turned into one of my more embarrassing moments of life. Let me explain.

I had to go to the grocery store to grab a few things today. Milk, cereal, Juice, cheese, Pinto Beans, and eggs were on my list, in no particular order. Now, for the most part, I'm not the type of person who likes to leave my house for nothing. I'd rather just stay here, and safe, and away from most people where I figure I'm safe from everything. Well, I had no choice, I had to go out today.

It was rather chilly, so I went to grab my sweater, which was in the dryer, before going out. Upon pulling my sweater out of the dryer, I noticed there was a pair of Panty Hose attached to it, so I quickly took them off, and shoved them back in the dryer, knowing that the three pair I had washed would have to be put away promptly when I returned back home. So, on my sweater went, I grabbed my wallet, and my keys, and headed out the door, telling my family I loved them, and would be back shortly.

I walked outsided, locked my door, and proceeded to my 2004 Neon, when I noticed on it's pretty blue color was the Bombing of Birds, as I am sure they were trrying to get back at us for deleting thier nests from our Loft last fall. Surely they were trying to take out revenge upon us, as the car had blotchy colored droppings all over it. Well, now this sort of stinks, as I was dressed well, looking good, and feeling great with a few pounds I have lost, and wanted to look good in everything I was in. Well, I thought to myself, I'll just get it off the windshield with that nifty windshield wiper fluid. That stuff is really great!

So I got into the car, started it up, and proceeded to get the windshield wiper fluid going in the car when I noticed that nothing was coming out. Upon further inspection, I noticed that we were out of the fluid. Well, great, I thought to myself, I've got this HUGE Dropping in the middle of my windshield, and it's just going to have to wait until after I am done shopping, so I can get to the gas store and clean the windows myself. With this, I let the car warm up, and proceeded on my way to the grocery store.

Upon my little 3 block trip, I was rounding a corner when I noticed a dark colored car racing around the same corner coming towards me, at the speed of light. Well, needless to say, I was almost run off the side of the curve that was there, as I was trying to avoid that little car that was just about halfway into my lane. Great, I thought to myself, The crazy drivers are out today. Bet you anything the grocery store is going to be packed!

Well, after that run in, I made it to the store. Safely, soundly, and ready to get in, get what I needed, and get out. Fortunately the store wasn't packed, however they were doing parking lot renovation, so I had to park by the old Furniture store. Ok, this isn't so bad, I needed the walk anyway.

Well, I get in, Grab the milk, eggs, juice, beans, and then I realized.. GAH I forgot the cheese, so I run back over to the dairy Aisle, and grab some, then stop by the cereal aisle, and grabbed two boxes. YAY!! I'm done! Now time to get out!

Fortunately, the lines weren't so crowded, so I was able to get checked out quickly. But the bag Man could have had a bit more curteousy (SP) by taking my cart instead of picking up just the groceries, however he didn't, so I told him, "We're going out that door," And pointed to the west exit. I'm pretty regular in there, so I was pretty sure he knew what car I was in, as I followed with the buggy in hand.

Well, almost to the exit, and I begin to turn the cart around so I could put it in the little lines they had there, when A woman, older than I, came whipping around the corner, and almost right into the front of my cart. I screeched to a halt, hoping being in a black sweater would let her realize that someone and something were there and she wouldn't run into it. But no.. WHAM! Right into the front of my cart.

"Oh I'm so sorry Ma'am, I tried to stop, but you ran right into me," I said as I pulled the cart back, and tried to get it out of the way so I could catch up with the bag man. The woman said nothing to even confirm she had seen nor heard me except for a mere scoff as she hurried into the store. Man, some people are in such a hurry these days, and I was no different, as I just wanted to get home, I thought to myself as I put the cart up and walked out the sliding doors.

Fortunately, the bag man was waiting on me as I exited the store, and began to walk beside me on my right side. "It's the blue car over there," I stated as we began to walk towards my car.

"The one that looks as though it has been thru world war three with the birds?" He asked with a snicker.

I blushed and replied, "Yes." And then gave a small laugh. When we got to the car, I pulled out my keys from my right pocket, and opened the trunk, and he proceeded to put my little bit of groceries into the car when he asked, "What's that in your back pocket?"

"My back pocket?" I asked as I looked on the right side of my ensemble.

"Your other back pocket," He stated, as if I were a thief and it was something of his. And that is when I discovered.. To my horror, hanging out the left pocket of my sweater, just a little bit past my knee.. A Pair of my Panty hose...

"Oh My gosh, It's a pair of my Panty Hose," I stated in absolute embarassment as I pulled them out of my pocket, rolled them up, and tried to hide them in my hand. He began to laugh hysterically, and the more he laughed, the redder I got. Not from anger, but absolute humiliation. I just knew that I had gone thru the entire grocery store with a pair of Panty Hose hanging out of the left pocket of my sweater, and very noticable to all.

I thanked him, shut my trunk, and got into my car, thinking to myself, and almost saying outloud, "Thank you God, for teaching me Humiliation."

Next time, I'll make sure there are no panty hose, or any other unmentionables hanging off any of my clothes as I leave the house to do the things I need to do...
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Zatrekan
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Zatrekan » Tue May 03, 2005 10:41 am

That is a funny one Saphi. I must attest you have nice pantyhose :) And your cute when you blush :)
Nimor (formerly Zatrekan)
Brother of Merrc
Son of Tinyshadow
Destroyer of Worlds

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue May 03, 2005 10:44 am

It could have been worse...Sisco comes to mind "Let me see that thooonnngggg, baby, that thong-tha-thong-thong- thong!"

:) If it is any consolation Saphi, I was at the front desk yesterday (covering for someone while they were on break) speaking with some guests, when my bra (this one was the clasp-in-front-kind) decided it would be a nice time to unsnap itself.

So, there I am...I can't leave the front desk, and I can't reach my hands up up my shirt to re-harness the girls otherwise the "professionals" in the lobby would really notice things were swinging--- so I procede to continue to help these people all the while keeping my arms tightly folded across across my chest, HOPING that they don't notice that things are awry.

FINALLY after what seemed an eternity, Jill comes back to the desk and I run out of the lobby proclaiming "emergency bathroom break."
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue May 03, 2005 10:47 am

hehe Phew, Glad it's not just me this week, hehe
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue May 03, 2005 11:23 am

This week? Oh hunny /hug, I embarass myself on a regular basis! Within the past week I've fallen down a hill (grass-stains on the pants to prove it)...flown off the handle and said a lot of mean things....had a boob-mutiny (see above)...and walked around my house with my fly down while we had company.

My whole life is one embarassing stunt after another. I don't think I could actually feel humiliation again if I tried- after a while you just build up an immunity!
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Tue May 03, 2005 11:48 am

> My whole life is one embarassing stunt after another. I don't think I could > actually feel humiliation again if I tried- after a while you just build up an > immunity!

Lets test that theory at raids tonight shall we?

Lyssia
Whee!

Postby Lyssia » Tue May 03, 2005 12:07 pm

Back when I worked part time at my dad's firm, many years ago, I walked around in Tower One and the lobbies to the WTC with my skirt stuck up in my panty hose instead of panty hose stuck in skirt for quite some time until someone had the nerve to be polite enough to inform me. Good thing my undies were clean.

Lys

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue May 03, 2005 12:09 pm

Sure, just no hitting below the belt (IE - eq husbands, etc) ;)

Lyssia
Whee!

Postby Lyssia » Tue May 03, 2005 12:38 pm

Speaking of raids, plan to be on tonight :) Will be a bit late though as I don't get home until 9 pm raid time.

Lys
(who is one blue from dingage)

Postby Guest » Tue May 03, 2005 5:43 pm

i was hoping for panties too :p

Anareon