Athlon 1800XP systems for sale

Moderator: Littlabit

Athlon 1800XP systems for sale

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:35 am

Hope no one minds this posting.

My dad has ~80 roughly identical systems he got in trade for his services. He's selling them for $100 plus shipping. Here's specs:

*Mid-tower generic case w/450W PS
*Mobo: ECS K7S5A- onboard sound, 10/100, USB2.0, supports SDR & DDR, AGP4x, upgradeable to 2600+ XP processor (w/BIOS flash)
*Athlon 1800+XP
*256MB SDR
*20GB Western Digital EIDE drive
*AOpen GF2 MX400V AGP video card
*OEM copy of WinXP Pro with NO media

Here is what does NOT come with the system: mouse, keyboard, monitor, any form of removable media peripheral (floppy, CD, etc.), tech support, or warranty other than non-DOA (he starts them all up to remove proprietary software and confidential information). Plus, if you know anything about Windows licensing and OEM...make yourself a Ghost image of the drive.

I have one of these systems, and I can't run EQ on it with this video card (there seems to be some issue with MX400 cards...or it is JustMyLuck™...I drop to desktop after character select screen no matter what driver version I've tried) but a used Radeon 8500/GF4 Ti or better will solve that problem. He said it cost ~$10 to ship from MN to OH FedEx ground.

Please send me email if interested/questions: Tsigoloeg_at_wowway.com

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:39 am

Hey, I logged in before I made this post...why does it say "guest?" Sorry...

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:02 am

I have a few siblings that need new PCs, but I don't know how quickly I'd be able to come up with the cash. I'll e-mail you when I know more :)

The GF2MX should be able to play EQ - I can play it on my 4MB ATI Rage Pro even... Dunno why you'd have that particular problem.
<a href="">Test</A>

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:28 am

I'm in bad need of a new computer, I know mine is going to explode any day now. Seriously when I turn it on it goes "GRRRRWWWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Lol, well that and it is quite a few years old now. It was pretty decent when EQ first came out, LoL.

Waiting on an income tax refund, let me know if you still have any of these in about 2 - 3 weeks lol.
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Zatrekan
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Zatrekan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:24 pm

I am very interested in getting a hookup for one of those. I plan on my brother starting up his account again soon and that will let me box. I will however need to wait till may or so to get my B-day money. I am actually using the MX400 GF2 card atm and I guess I dont have that problem at all. I can easily upgrade the rest of it. Now I just need to pick myself up a router and call it Golden. :) Ill get in touch with ya after I get some cash though.
Nimor (formerly Zatrekan)
Brother of Merrc
Son of Tinyshadow
Destroyer of Worlds

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey Zat, are you using XP Pro, what motherboard chipset and VxD AGP drivers, what nVidia drivers also?

I'm mostly sure there will be some systems left still around mid-May. But I can't say that for certain.

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:59 pm

Yeah, EQ seems to be very very sensitive on newer hardware.

After I got my new system (P4 3Ghz, FX5200) EQ crashed a lot. No other game did crash. Not a single time, just EQ.

Updating all driver (especially chipset) has helped me a lot.

I crashed yesterday once though .. but one time in 3 days is much better than 3 times in one hour.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Zatrekan
Rainbow Warrior

Postby Zatrekan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:06 am

Well I might have to recind my statement about no problems. I think my locking up might be because of the vid card :( It is a full-system lockup though which is odd. I am using Windows XP that came with my e-machines system I am using now. ( i am poor so couldnt do a special setup.)
Nimor (formerly Zatrekan)

Brother of Merrc

Son of Tinyshadow

Destroyer of Worlds

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:04 pm

Apparently my dad has finagled a source for some CDR/RW-DVD drives as well as floppies. Hasn't told me how much extra they will run if you wanted one/both, can't be much. (Please note these are not DVD-R/RWs...just CD-R/RWs that can play DVDs as well).

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:36 am

These are still available if anyone wants one. I figured out the source of my box inability to play EQ (I stuck in a bad stick of memory). So I am up and running with it. My dad is charging $150 for just a box, $175 for the box with a CD-RW, $200 with a DVD-ROM/CD-R, and $40 for 512 MB DDR upgrade. Email me and I will put you in touch with him.