Free Heroic Character

Moderator: Littlabit

Caladain
Whee!

Free Heroic Character

Postby Caladain » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:16 pm

In short, log in all your accounts before march 31st and you'll get a free heroic character on each account. You must fully log in the account past the character select screen.

https://www.everquest.com/news/free-heroic-character-eq-18th-anniversary

Unlike the last promo you dont need to make the heroic toon by the 31st, and if you delete the toon afterwards you still have the heroic character slot. It works just like a paid for heroic character.

Jaia
Whee!

Re: Free Heroic Character

Postby Jaia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Very cool.... and you can get them some good auggies even while they are young heh.

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:24 pm

Be careful on your inventory ui screen as the upgrade button is clickable on any character.

Elfinia
Whee!

Postby Elfinia » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 pm

That is my question, so if you have say 8 characters, can you upgrade all 8 to level 85 using the heroic character button?

Elfi

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:16 am

Elfinia wrote:That is my question, so if you have say 8 characters, can you upgrade all 8 to level 85 using the heroic character button?

Elfi

Just 1
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Used them on Rogue since she had least amount of aa. Then on free accounts, the Enchanter, man those AA Runes are no joke, upped my survivability big time. and Made a Necro since I buffed enchanter.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 am

For those wanting to try out multiple classes, you can make a new free account and get a heroic character on that account as well. I took advantage of this by making a druid with the explicit intent on using it to forage for me. Lol. I may make something of every class just in case I want to try out something new. Would be interesting at least to be something different for a change.

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 pm

So... If you have done a heroic before, in a previous year, does this now allow us to make a new one in another slot.

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Serano wrote:So... If you have done a heroic before, in a previous year, does this now allow us to make a new one in another slot.

yes
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:39 pm

What class goes well with a mage?
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:36 am

think any of the pure casters are good with a mage, and another mage is good as well. Shaman is good too for the defensive and offensive proc buffs.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Serano wrote:So... If you have done a heroic before, in a previous year, does this now allow us to make a new one in another slot.

WTF!
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:25 pm

FTW?

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:44 am

Serano wrote:FTW?

You retire yet?
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:00 am

jimbop wrote:For those wanting to try out multiple classes, you can make a new free account and get a heroic character on that account as well. I took advantage of this by making a druid with the explicit intent on using it to forage for me. Lol. I may make something of every class just in case I want to try out something new. Would be interesting at least to be something different for a change.

That's what I did so I could make a tank class! So that's why I have Genagar the warrior! Can't complain about free heroic toons on a free account! Now he's parked in DH hoping to leach a few DH missions for some easy levels! Forget what class I used it on on Skotomo's account! I haven't used it yet on Nerple's account, though Monk and Wizard may be the only real options left on that account! If it hadn't passed the expiration date yet I'd make a few more accounts and definitely include a wizard so I could xloc myself around Norrath. Tired of constantly begging guildies and Toadsbuddy for ports to Pillars!

jimbop
Whee!

Postby jimbop » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:14 am

Nerple wrote:
jimbop wrote:For those wanting to try out multiple classes, you can make a new free account and get a heroic character on that account as well. I took advantage of this by making a druid with the explicit intent on using it to forage for me. Lol. I may make something of every class just in case I want to try out something new. Would be interesting at least to be something different for a change.

That's what I did so I could make a tank class! So that's why I have Genagar the warrior! Can't complain about free heroic toons on a free account! Now he's parked in DH hoping to leach a few DH missions for some easy levels! Forget what class I used it on on Skotomo's account! I haven't used it yet on Nerple's account, though Monk and Wizard may be the only real options left on that account! If it hadn't passed the expiration date yet I'd make a few more accounts and definitely include a wizard so I could xloc myself around Norrath. Tired of constantly begging guildies and Toadsbuddy for ports to Pillars!

It was certainly nice while it lasted. I made a warrior and a druid like this. When I went to make a shaman on the 29th, they apparently closed that loophole and I was unable to make it heroic. That's okay because at least I got to accounts to 85 for free. Lol.