Commercials

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Commercials

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:06 am

I'm getting so sick of these commercials for cars that stop the car without you and other features to help you drive without paying attention. It's like saying, "Hey, we know you're an ignorant piece of shit whom doesn't have the required skills to drive, but don't fret! We'll try to keep you from killing anybody while you fuck around with your cell phone."
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

jimbop
Whee!

Re: Commercials

Postby jimbop » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:07 am

Goofydoofy wrote:I'm getting so sick of these commercials for cars that stop the car without you and other features to help you drive without paying attention. It's like saying, "Hey, we know you're an ignorant piece of shit whom doesn't have the required skills to drive, but don't fret! We'll try to keep you from killing anybody while you fuck around with your cell phone."

These cars should come with a logo imbedded into the paint job that reads "incompetent ass behind the wheel" to give the very few competent drivers on the roads fair warning that the person ahead of you is most likely to spike the breaks 50 feet before a right turn without using the turn signal.

Sarthor
Whee!

Re: Commercials

Postby Sarthor » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:43 pm

But people are incompetent. All the time. Just watch any car crash compilation. Get distracted at the wrong moment and people die. Hell, you don't even have to do anything wrong yourself. Stop at a red light and some dummy rear ends you and you have to wear a neck brace for the next couple of weeks. Drive home after an evening out and some drunk swerves across the divide and hits you head on.
Also why would you want to drive all the time? I'm not talking about recreational driving, where you drive for the pleasure. On a track. Off road. Exploring. I'm talking about the every day grind. Driving to and from work every day. Driving to the shops. Routine, mundane, monotonous driving. The technology isn't quite there yet, but when it is you can say goodbye to most traffic jams and congestion.