Saphirone
Whee!

It's National I Love you Day!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:36 pm

It's National "I Love You" Day so I wanted to say:

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That and HAVE MY BABIES!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Reiynman
Whee!

Postby Reiynman » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:12 pm

I'm trying to imagine what Saphi would be like when she's drunk...

Not sure if I'm smiling or panicking.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:06 pm

ROFLMAO!!! I'm actually a pretty happy drunk until it comes time for me to drink too much and worship the Porceline Goddess, ROFL!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Love you back, Saph.

Buaz
Big Green Bait

Big Green Bait

Landias
Whee!

Postby Landias » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:28 pm

Hmm, i thought she ONLY played EQ when drunk.... :lol:

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:41 am

Love

The norwegian word for love is elske. Only its meaning is way stronger than the english counterpart love. In english speaking world you can say 'I love you' more freely than you comfortably could use elske in norwegian.
In norway you wouldnt go and say 'Eg elsker deg' to not even your own family. You would have use another phrase 'eg er glad i deg' which isnt very easy to translate to english. In norway the word elske is used only for the one person which you would love to spend your rest of your life with.

1. 'Eg elsker deg' = 'I love you'
2. 'Eg er glad i deg' = ? ;Glad means happy, joyfull, fond. So best translation would be 'I am fond in you' no clue if that is used in US or any other place.
3. 'Eg liker deg' = 'I like you'

These are numbered after how strong feeling they express. 'I love you' would only be said to the special person. I am fond in you (perhaps bad translation) would be used also on your family or if your best friends did something really really nice for you you would say 'Eg er så glad i dere' it would mean something like someone english speaking saying I love you all to all friends. While in the end comes I like you, which you could say about anyone (you like ofcourse).

I sometimes feel that the word love is being washed out by using it so much and in situations where you dont mean it as strongly as the word is ment to mean, if you understand what I try to say.

I LOVE YOU (if you are a girl ofcourse :p)
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:38 am

I still Love You, Siderius, LOL! OR 'Eg er glad i deg' hehehehe
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:37 am

Siddy here we use love pretty freely though I wouldn't go around to most of my friends saying "I love you" nor my coworkers, etc. However "loving someone" and "being in love with someone" are two very diferent things. Being"in love" with someone would imply the special bond with a significant other, "loving" someone would pertain to anyone you really cherish whether it be your mother, your child, your wife, or your life-long friend.

However the word love can get washed out...people here may say they love pizza or they love to play eq or in szork's case he loves his new job....and while we do use it to describe a fondness for a lot of "things" it isn't something you'd say to another person on your second date, so saying "I love you" to a signficant other usually still has that fuzzy (or in some cases horrifying) feeling :)

~~Eg er glad i venner og familie av min- spesielt De, du er saa snill! ~~

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:23 am

Thank you Saphirone! Er glad i deg også!

Silly, Elske can be used as both 'loving someone' and 'being in love with someone' it could also be the action aswell like 'making love'. But the two first would be the same sentance and the context would have to decide whwat you mean. Therefor its not really used much and gla i deg is used instead.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

qwible
Whee!

Postby qwible » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:37 am

I am confused and yet I will say I LOVE YOU CN and I love to read what ya have to say!
LOVE YA SAPH!!!
Happy Love someone day
Qwibs

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 am

Hey Sid, wanna go elske with me? :wink: :wink: :wink:

hah, sorry I couldn't resist :) gnomes...hubba hubba!

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:29 pm

$$
Ill bring some food ... /points at title "Will Spank for Food"

-- Stephen Roberts

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:50 pm

Hey, I say I love you to my friends, :) Or at least the ones who are more comfortable with me saying I love them, hehehe
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Qarma Jenkins
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia