Fanatastic Four

Moderator: Littlabit

Harrington66
Whee!

Fanatastic Four

Postby Harrington66 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm

Wow.

I didn't have an assignment today, so I decided to do a half price matinee. I chose Fantastic Four. I thought Uwe Boll made bad movies. This was worse. Way worse.
The acting was HORRIBLE!!! The guy who played Reed Richards had one emotion the entire movie. The other three weren't much better. There wasn't any character development. None. Okay, maybe a teeny, tiny bit. The female character, Sue, is from Kosovo, and is adopted. Why, what happened to her parents. Reed wishes he was adopted. Why, what made his Mom, and Step Dad so bad. C'mon, give the audience a little something to identify with the cast. The only good thing for the movie was some of the visuals. The action was almost non existent. Ya, there was maybe about 15 minutes total of it, but its supposed to be an action movie.
The story was stupid. I mean really, really stupid. If your a nine year old, you probably will like it.
It isn't often I really, really hate a movie, but I really, really hated this one. The last movie that made me feel like this was In the Name of the King. Kind of made me think of all the bad movies I have ever seen. Kind of hard to remember them, because they just aren't memorable, but here are some:

In the Name of the King
Deep Water
Robot Jox
Howard the Duck
Highlander 2
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
Superman IV
Superman Returns
Batman and Robin (Actually I think the only good ones were the first and second, and the newest trilogy)
Batman Forever
Supergirl
Showgirls (just because she is from Saved by the Bell, doesn't mean she can act)
Battlefield Earth
Catwoman
Glitter
Gigli
Daredevil
Laserblast (Mark Hamil could not save this movie)
Any Will Farrell movie (I realize there are probably a few good ones, but I just cant stand the man, I don't find him funny)
Transformers 4 (it would have made two super great movies, but they tried to cram too much into the movie)
House of a Thousand Corpses
Die Hard III
Die Hard V
Rocky IV
Rocky V
Aliens III
Aliens Resurrection
No Retreat, No Surrender
Doom
Street Fighter
Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun Li
Rambo III

I know there are more, a lot more. Anything directed by Uwe Boll comes to mind.

Harrington

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Fanatastic Four

Postby Glauri » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 pm

Wow! Guess I've just lucked out (I rarely watch movies anyway) but I've not seen any of the ones on your hit list! Yay me!

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:07 pm

You did mention Mongolian Death Worm though!

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:33 am

You listed my two biggest disappointments of all time, Highlander 2 and Battlefield Earth. Not only did I have to sit through Highlander 2 but I also dragged a bunch of my friends to it after talking up how awesome Highlander was. Hardly ever been more embarrassed.

For the record, I think Anchorman and Old School were pretty damned funny.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm

The Postman worst movie ever. Best quote, "How much mail can a dead postman deliver?"

I absolutely hated the new Fantastic Four as well. Hollywood seems to think all super hero movies need a revenge theme. They must want to duplicate the success of Batman and figure that's the way to do it. Sue and Jonny's adopted father is killed to motivate them. The latest Spiderman installment did the same thing bringing Peter Parkers father into it. They already had Uncle Ben but they had to have his dad murdered. Conan as well, the original with Arnold had him seeking his father's killer and now that has become the mythology, BULLSHIT I say! They must think we are to stupid to relate to some one leaving their remote homeland to seek his fortune. I wish Hollywood could understand we love these stories and they are already written and waiting. They just need to retell them. Stop over thinking it. That being said I do like Antman good job guys!

Renaern Sweetleaf, Ranger of the Vale

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:47 am

If you ever read the novel Postman by David Brin you might wonder if the movie had anything at all to do with the book. Has less similarities to the book than The Running Man did to Stephen King's novella.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Harrington66
Whee!

Postby Harrington66 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Ugh. I forgot about Kevin Costner movies. He does have some very good ones, but he has a talent for choosing horrible roles. Unlike Will Smith who seems to be charmed with some really good roles.

Harrington

warador
Whee!

Postby warador » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:57 am

i agree with will farrel and would like to add nicholas cage .. talk about acting with one emotion, with the exception of gone in 60 seconds just because that mustang was so bad ass. oh and jim carrey also every movie with the same stupid faces enough already

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:23 am

LOL Don't get caught in the Cage. I recently watched Outcast. Whew it's a stinker but his bad acting had me cracking up so much I watched it all.

Renaern Sweetleaf, Ranger of the Vale

Harrington66
Whee!

Postby Harrington66 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:54 pm

I think miscasting is part of the problem. One of the most glaring examples of this is when John Wayne was cast to star in a movie about Genghis Kahn. Not a good movie. Kind of like casting Reeves to star in 47 Ronin. I enjoyed the action sequences, but something about the movie just didn't seem right. There are a few movies that the story was kind of moronic, but the action sequences are awesome. The Raid 2, all 3 Expendables movies, and I'm sure there are more, but cant think of them right now.