New Expansion

Moderator: Littlabit

Derdarr
Whee!

New Expansion

Postby Derdarr » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:50 pm

The Darkened Sea, more info at 1pm pacific time on the Keynote address on twitch tv. Other new items mentioned without much detail. New looting feature & new category of Player studio items.

Derdarr
Whee!

Re: New Expansion

Postby Derdarr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Robes! that will be the next player studio item opened up. Zones 8 all open at launch, raid progression style under development yet. But it was stated that they wanted everyone to have do all the content, so I do believe they're will be some form of keying. From the video's the art work was very well done and it did not appear to just be old buried sea zones repopulated with new level mobs which was one of my concerns. Very little <not none> but very little underwater combat. One of the biggest zones underwater has a bubble that keeps all water out, one of the zones had areas connected by underwater tunnels but it was pointed out that the main fighting areas where all above water. No actual info released on spells, aa's except a new system for some spell focus being aa driven so caster spells while above the damage of your present spells will need you to gain aa to get them to full power. Doing this to level out the divide between casters immediately being at the top of they're dps while melee wait for items <weapons, gear> to obtain there maximum output. Bleh thing... new ts and new cultural armor. The new loot thing was discussed and mostly all I can say is hopefully at the q and a later hopefully riou or someone from eq resource can explain it better, they did not give a ton of details. It sounds like it may be a great thing, being able to flag all the no drop or quest items as you play in a zone so you never see them once you no longer need or want them, was the main thing I got out of the small explanation they gave.

Rashod
Whee!

Postby Rashod » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Derdarr wrote: No actual info released on spells, aa's except a new system for some spell focus being aa driven so caster spells while above the damage of your present spells will need you to gain aa to get them to full power. Doing this to level out the divide between casters immediately being at the top of they're dps while melee wait for items <weapons, gear> to obtain there maximum output. Bleh thing... new ts and new cultural armor.

Because AA are hard to come by and people won't be maxed day one /boggle. I anticipate being an expansion and a half behind in weapons when this expansion arrives.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:53 am

What Lurks Beneath The Darkened Sea?

Roshen, post: 3118769, member: 400765 wrote:Assist Firiona Vie, stop Lanys T`vyl, and restore balance to Norrath!

[IMG]

Firiona Vie has been travelling the world on a mission from the goddess Tunare to bring the realm back into balance. Her latest efforts have brought her to the Buried Sea, seeking to heal the ruler of the Combine Empire, Tsaph Katta.

Now it’s time for you to travel to the domed city of Katta Castrum and find Firiona! After Firiona came here with her allies to heal Tsaph, the city was attacked by Lanys T`vyl and a corrupt splinter faction of the Combine. In the chaos, Tsaph was kidnapped. Now it’s up to Norrath’s heroes to find and rescue Tsaph, foil the nefarious plans Lanys has, and acquire amazing loot along the way!

The Darkened Sea is the 21st expansion for EverQuest. This expansion becomes available to purchase and play on November 11, 2014. All-Access members will be able to purchase and play The Darkened Sea two weeks early, starting on October 28, 2014!

This expansion includes:

Level Increase to 105!
Eight zones: Two re-imaged zones, and six completely new zones!
Mount Key Ring: Free up inventory space and have all of your mounts in one location!
New Spells, AAs, and Items!
And more…

If you haven’t seen the announcement video for The Darkened Sea during SOE Live, check it out here.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 pm

and here is where?