Updated Gameparse v1.0.4

Moderator: Littlabit

Tarvas
Whee!

Updated Gameparse v1.0.4

Postby Tarvas » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm

GamParse 1.0.4

Hit the link above to go to Beimeith's post for the link to the download.

Beimeith, post: 3077922, member: 252 wrote:Greetings everyone!

It has been 4 years since the last public update of GamParse, the gold standard for log file parsers for EQ, but the wait is over.

I have taken over development of the program as Gamanarn has all but retired from EQ.

While I know he was working on improving it for most of this time, I do not have a list of everything that was done, but I know several errors were fixed such as the "Restrict by time" option being over the list of tells in full screen mode.

Those things I can say have been changed/added are those that I have worked on myself:

Included Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 in the installer. (Gamanern is mainly responsible for this one).
Added the option to load just the last 6 hours. (Basically one raid nights worth).
Added the option to load just the last 1 hour. (A request).
Added checking for Glyph of Arcane/Lost Secrets. (They will show as "M" for 'Mana Glyph').
Changed the "Send Summary to EQ" and "Send highlighted to EQ" options to display Scaled DPS instead of raw DPS.

Example:

GamParse 1.0.3 and earlier:

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, 2620k @60938dps --- Beimeith 1956k @72439dps --- XXXX 424k @18430dps --- XXXXX 241k @6332dps

GamParser 1.0.4:

/ooc A Greedy Miner in 43s, 2620k @60938sdps --- Beimeith 1956k @45485sdps --- XXXX 424k @9858sdps --- XXXXX 241k @5596sdps

The numbers may look less impressive, but it is a much more accurate representation. You can still see raw dps by looking at the "Player DPS" tab.

NOTE: This change does NOT affect the live fight overlays, they will still show raw DPS.

Finally, I've saved the best for last:

Added support for serverwide chat channels! (And players from other servers talking in your local server channels).

As I have just taken over this project, I cannot guarantee it is bug free, but in the few days I have been using it I have not encountered any problems, which is why I am releasing it for download today.

The Gambosoft.com forums are defunct and you will NOT receive help there. I have been talking with the guys at EQResource about hosting the documentation and giving me a small section of their forums for support and suggestions, but that will be sometime in the future. For now, if you encounter any errors or problems, or have suggestions for future improvements, please contact me in-game via mail (Xegony.Beimeith), or send me a PM here on the forums.

The download is available: here.

I recommend that everyone use the Setup.exe option to install as it ensures you have the proper .NET Framework installed, but I have included the stand-alone GamParse.exe file for those who do not wish to install.

Happy Parsing!
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: Updated Gameparse v1.0.4

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:00 am

To many numbers, to little time.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server