are raids still how they used to be? SUP GOOFYDOOFY!

Moderator: Littlabit

Veikkoaho
Whee!

are raids still how they used to be? SUP GOOFYDOOFY!

Postby Veikkoaho » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:53 am

are raids still how they used to be in this game? spawn camping, rush to the site for the kill
or does the game have instanced raiding now? An old time player like me who hasnt played in forever
and still has a heart for this game, would love to know any updated info about it, especially
since i havent played it in the better of 12 years. No bards in any other mmo have even come close
to the sick bard class from that one.

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: are raids still how they used to be? SUP GOOFYDOOFY!

Postby Littlabit » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:29 am

Most of the raids now are instances so no more running to get to the named with other guilds and no more drama like it use to be. Best part is with instances you don't have to worry about being trained unless its your own guildies doing it ! :)
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Veikkoaho
Whee!

Postby Veikkoaho » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:57 pm

nice! lol ive been on eq2 lately trying that to get maxed on that, butcherblock server. its amazing to see one of the original guilds still doing it! CN damn from back in the day. would prolly take me 9000 years to catch up to anything you guys do. my only problem is i have a hard time adhering to a raid schedule but i love to raid, do any pickup raids exist? lol i am behind on about 12 years worth of content in eq and starting from level 1 if i do. Could ya use more players?

Mattmarr
Whee!

Postby Mattmarr » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:47 am

Things like hired group member NPC's (mercenaries) and higher exp mobs has made it possible to rush to max level in a few weeks. I wouldn't recommend it, but it is an option. Depending on your playing times, I have a lot of low level characters and am more than willing to take it slow so you can get reacquainted with the mechanics and see some of the old content.

Veikkoaho
Whee!

Postby Veikkoaho » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:11 pm

How come you wouldn't reccomend rushing to max? It boring up there? I quit a long time ago when solo grinding aa was not possible at the time and like in the previous post raiding was very competative. I really appreciate your extended helping hand offered to me. Its crazy the new starting area is weird. How can I get a hold of any of you in game. Is there a channel I can join or anything? I just wanna know there's content still entertaining for a now
Forced to be casual player. Everyone loves to raid for end game gears especially me and then fight in arenas.

Zahashah
Whee!

Postby Zahashah » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:33 pm

CN is on the Drinal server now.
Here is a great site to learn about the last few expansions, progression, quests, raids, gear and maps
Click Here for EQ Resource
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Veikkoaho
Whee!

Postby Veikkoaho » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks I'm in game but how can I get ahold of some of you? Also will I have to be a gold member? I saw it said aa is limited to 1000 for silver?

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:44 pm

You can /tell any of us, or do a /who all "celestial" to see who's on at the time. I have some characters at various levels that I can group with you with, and can show you around a lot of the various zones...or, if you want to start new characters, I have a lvl 4 zerker, a lvl 2 bard, and lvl 2 cleric I can use with you. Mercenaries make it a lot easier, as well as hotzones, a lot more quests that give something of value, etc. They made the lower levels much, much easier to work through if you want to do it quickly, or it can be a grind if you want to take your time and do a lot of the new content that wasn't available before.

Silver accounts are limited to 1000 AA, and you do have to pay the traditional subscription cost if you want to have no limitations on gear or AA.

By the way, just /tell Larulik or Riceman if you want to get ahold of me. I'm sometimes on other characters but those one more often than anything else.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy