WTB!

Moderator: Littlabit

Glauri
Whee!

WTB!

Postby Glauri » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 pm

I am trying to locate and purchase any/all VHS tapes in the series Meeting of Minds, by Steve Allen. I have a few, but not many. I am not particular about the price as long as the tape is in good or better condition, and NTSC format. I am not interested in the audio cassettes (I have those), nor the scripts (have those too)...just the video tapes.

Several folks have attempted to contact Jayne Meadows, but as she is in her mid-90s, she is understandably not interested in undertaking the task of getting this series either re-issued or put onto DVDs. Bill, the son of Jayne and Steve, is the current caretaker of the original tapes and for reasons unknown has no interest in doing this either.

So...if you EVER see any of these tapes somewhere, please let me know! I finally have an easy, efficient set-up to copy VHS to .mp4 files and would even consider a finder's fee!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: WTB!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 am

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 am

YES! Those are exactly the ones that I am searching for. Thank you so very much Jhereg! Now I need only figure out how to d/l them and convert to something I can write to a DVD. But thank you!
Glauri

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:33 am

You can write MKV files to DVD if you use newer editing/copying software. They can also be converted to any other format with most conversion programs that support MKV. I use Nero 12 for all that stuff. As for downloading them, those look to be Torrents with nobody seeding. You will probably never get them that way. Best bet is to try to contact the person who posted the Torrent and get it directly from them. Or, anybody who may be listed as a Seeder.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:48 am

I've downloaded a couple of them so far, and it turns out that a program recommended to me by Rendus works great to convert them to .mp4 files. This is GREAT!
Glauri

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:47 am

I still need most of the first two seasons of the show. And am still hunting for VHS copies as well, so if y'all find any please let me know! Thanks much!
Glauri

Zahashah
Whee!

Postby Zahashah » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

I love it when these guys can make you happy ^^
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin