New Alt

Moderator: Littlabit

Nedrom
Whee!

New Alt

Postby Nedrom » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:43 am

hey folks

I've only played monk in the last decade in this game and last night I signed up for a F2P account and rolled a wood elf bard. I've got him to level 21 so far but I was curious if anyone has any tips/tricks for playing a bard/leveling and learning the abilities... the right way.

My goal is to just have this guy as a buff box, but who knows.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: New Alt

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:20 am

The best tip you can get is to play the toon instead of PL it or box it, if you want to be of any real use.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:07 pm

"leveling and learning the abilities... the right way."
What the goof said!! Anything else is the wrong way!

Caladain
Whee!

Postby Caladain » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:08 pm

I have 6 toons, and my bard is probably my favorite. She just makes everything so much easier. Pulling, Mezzing, crack, haste, improved dps, she can do it all. I agree though, the best way to learn them is to start from the ground up. One of the best tips I can offer is learning the /melody command. Pick what ever songs you want to play (usually up to 5 at a time) and the bard will continue casting them in order until she is interrupted. After that, just re arrange your songs for what ever content you are doing, and enjoy the extra dps/mana regen and all her usefull tricks. Fade will be your best friend if you are using her for pulling.

Nedrom
Whee!

Postby Nedrom » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks for all the help to those I've chatted with, got my bard up to 65 now and almost 100 aa :) learning as I go!