Nyrial - Enchanter (I can't believe I'm doing this)

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Nyrial
Whee!

Nyrial - Enchanter (I can't believe I'm doing this)

Postby Nyrial » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:44 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Nyrial De'Mairi
-Class: Enchanter
-Race: High Elf, unless I want to be something else (Whateva! I do what I want! :D )
-Level: 83
-Number of AAs: Umm, I don't remember, but I'll check when I get home. I'll be mildly (moderately to very) intoxicated because it's CASK NIGHT!!!

-Magelo Number (if you have one): Ditto, could probably do it now, but A) I'm at work and shouldn't be doing this, and B) I'm teh lazy

-List which keys and flags you have: Dang it, ditto.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Mtiny - 70 something gnome warrior is my main alt. Then a handful of others that constantly change, because I like to make alts

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
Grouping, raiding and chatting with friends, many of which I've found out the hard way don't play anymore :(

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Leveling and AAs are my main concern. Gear is always good, but optional. I strive to be average.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
Evenings, PST, and weekends, just about any time *IF* it's not a weekend I have my kids. So every other weekend...not so much.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
Optimistically, I'd say 50-70%, as I am on PST. When it gets to a certification time or deadline, probably 0%-10%, as it's not uncommon for me to end up working 60 or more hours a week.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
CN - multiple personal reasons. It's hard to raid at dinner time with two small children. They're a bit bigger now. Plus school and work etc
Clan Breathnach - I don't quite remember why, I'm thinking it was some sort of politics/drama
Dawn of Sovereignty - Ditto

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Nope

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I'd have to look at the membership roster. My guess is roughly half the guild? I don't know what the turn over has been for EQ. Yes, and yes.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Familiar faces, casual enough to not worry if I have to miss something, talented guild that works with who it has and makes good progress despite the fact that raiding = not required, and not every night for hours.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
I'm looking for people to play with that I know A) know what they're doing, B) won't give me drama when I screw up (and I will), and C) understand that life always comes first.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
CAD Monkey for Boeing

-Where are you from?
Born in Grand Rapids, MI, currently live in Clinton, WA (north of Seattle)

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Green..eh

Extra voluntary information

It's been awhile since I played EQ. It's going to take awhile to get my skills back. I'm not going to be able to keep the raid attendance I had in MI, while I'm not currently taking classes, I'm typically a part time engineering student, have a full time job (which can be unpredictable), and have my kids every other weekend (don't expect to see me on). Due to a series of medical treatments earlier this year, my short term memory is pretty much shot, and I tend to get easily distracted. My personality has also slightly changed, for the better in some aspects, but worse in others.

I'm volunteering this information because I know that it could negatively impact the guild in a tight situation once I'm old enough to raid again, which I'm assuming will be a little while. I also know that I have strengths, and was, once, what I thought was a decent enchanter. It's going to take me some time to relearn all those stinkin spells though!

Oh yeah, I like beer.

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: Nyrial - Enchanter (I can't believe I'm doing this)

Postby Jhereg » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:11 pm

WB

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Hiya!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Dreyvor
Whee!

Postby Dreyvor » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I like beer .... enough said

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Great to see you back! Tandt and I are still here :)
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun May 01, 2011 8:00 pm

OMG Nyrial, you are going back to EQ???

I have a question though - Dawn of Sovereignty was my first guild...when were you there?

Addrianis
Whee!

Postby Addrianis » Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm

hey hun, Car and I are back as well :)

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm

Jaffod wrote:OMG Nyrial, you are going back to EQ???

I have a question though - Dawn of Sovereignty was my first guild...when were you there?

Heck if I remember, I don't recall much from those days, I could rattle off some names I think, but that's about it. I want to say it was around 2001ish, because I was in there while I was driving the truck I think. If not I was definitely in CBN then. I'm getting too old to remember :(

Anyway, back to the real reason I dropped in right now. Had my girls this last weekend, so play time of any kind that doesn't involve playgrounds, barbies or bike riding was virtually impossible, and now I'm having log on issues. What's the best way to fix a time out error anyway? Re-patch? Re-install?

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Mon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm

servers are down ny, soe has there whole system offline so its not just you :)

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Tue May 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Oh Good, I was feeling so guilty about not logging in!

Quirel
Whee!

Postby Quirel » Sat May 21, 2011 7:08 am

Grouped with Nyrial last night and had tons of FUN in The Grounds!!! She may be a little rusty but it all seemed to be coming backc pretty quickly.

Rel

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 am

Hey all, I'm sorry about my lack of ability to be on. I had my girls all last weekend, and my group has two major trade studies going that they want implemented before the end of July, so my time during the week has been short. Looking forward to at least being able to get on this weekend, and maybe a bit more once I figure out this < insert obscenity of choice > issue.

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

Hey Slacka!!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook