90 Shaman and SK bot looking to join CN

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Quartzy
Whee!

90 Shaman and SK bot looking to join CN

Postby Quartzy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:51 am

I would like to join the CN family with my main character who is a level 90 shaman named Aomorph who is a froglok and currently has about 1600 aa's. I have a similar level Drakkin SK (Vladdomere) with about 1800 aa's that I box with this toon most of the time.

I don't currently suscribe to Magelo but my toons are updated regularly on EQ Players so most of the information there is correct.

I have a few keys and flags on both toons which include T4 HoT, Void E SoD, almost have Soltaris completed, almost have DoN content completed, I have 3/6 of the MPG trials completed. Both toons have their Epic 1.5 completed also.

I have been playing since the Kunark expansion and still wish the Vazaelle name was on our server but I understand policy. I enjoy the game a lot there is always something to do. I tradeskill on the shammy he is max Alchemy, I also have other alts who tradeskill in various areas but mostly I do Alchemy, Baking and Brewing. I plan to start Tinkering, Tailoring and Smithing over this next summer. Again on different toons not just the shaman. I would like to be in a position to advance my character past the RK II stage of spells and I know that will only be done by raiding. That said because of my occupation (teacher/coach) I don't have lots of time to invest from from September to June although I play as much as I can on the weekends and one or two nights a week, but I can play a lot during the summer months. That is the time I usually use to advance what ever goal(s) I have for my toons. for example I am currently 3 tasks away from completeing the Bayle's Heraldic Crest aug and will complete that over spring break the 1st week of April this year. I play in PST, usually every Sat/Sun morning from 5 am until the wife gets involved usually around noon, then I come back to play a bit in the evening if there is something to do.

I have been in raiding guilds before, Mid-Summer Knights and Secret Keepers, so raiding is something I like to do and will participate in as I can. As I indicated above my time is limited during the school year as many weeks for me are 60 to 90 hours. I am not really a guild jumper so my guild experiences are not long and sorted. The first guild was Red Band, a Korean guild. A pretty fun bunch but internal strife eventually brought them down. I went unguilded for a couple of years then joined up with MidSummer Knights just about the time of the big blow up and the Nomadic Knights/Triality split happened. Most of the people I knew went NK so I too went NK. That guild eventually died off so I joined Secret Keepers and my Druid was the GL after everyone followed the GL transferring to the Antonius Bayle server. I started grouping with a bunch that had just left Tribal Fury and formed Seven Stars and I have been there ever since. Vladdomere became the GL after Shameron and Sarrgon retired their toons and I have transferred leadership to another of my alts so that if people there come back, they have a guild to come back too. Playing for as long as I have been playing I have nearly 2 full accounts of alts. The only classses I don't have on Drinal I think are Paladin, Monk and Beast Lord although I do have alts on a couple of other servers that are those classes. I dont plan on moving all of my alts to CN unless I am needed to do so. My lowest level toon is a level 58 Bard.

Currently there are not enough active players in SS to support level 90 toons and I am feeling the pinch of loosing content because you cannot box everthing. I have explained to the others that I am apping here and have their support and approval. Being in a guild and being a good guildmate is important to me, that is one of the main reasons I am apping to CN.

I mostly group and play with Pachelbelle and his alts on the weekends and, when he plays, I group with Dreyvor and his alts also. These people and I know one another well and when apps opened they suggested that I apply. I would place my shammy as a main but I enjoy playing my SK also so I would like both guilded in CN.

Sorry about the book here but you did ask...

Q

Quartzy
Whee!

Re: 90 Shaman and SK bot looking to join CN

Postby Quartzy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:28 am

Application for Membership

It was suggested to me that I may want to use the app form as a guide so here it is.
Your Main Character

-Name: Aomorph
-Class: Shaman
-Race: Froglok
-Level: 90
-Number of AAs: 1684

-Magelo Number (if you have one): I use EQ Players, it is current.

-List which keys and flags you have:
I have a few keys and flags on both toons which include T4 HoT, Void E SoD, almost have Soltaris completed, almost have DoN content completed, I have 3/6 of the MPG trials completed. Both toons have their Epic 1.5 completed also.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): On Aomorph's account I have 7 alts 86 mage, 76 Druid, 66 Wiz, 60 War, 76 chanter, 73 cleric, 74 Rogue. I also have a 2nd account with 90 SK, 81 Necro, 75 Ranger, 73 Zerker and 58 bard.

A Little Bit About Yourself
I am a math and science teacher. Also an old fart, just turning 53 this year. I have been playing EQ since the Kunark Expansion.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):

I enjoy that the game has so many intricasies race, economy, trade skills, quests and the like

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Short term goals are to backflag and key myself to as many zones as I can. I am working AA so that I can actualy survive. Long term I would like to get my toons into the top 100 on the leaderboard, make new friends and continue to play in higher level content material as it arrives

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I play in PST, usually every Sat/Sun morning from 5 am until the wife gets involved usually around noon, then I come back to play a bit in the evening if there is something to do.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

I can probably make some Tuesdays and most Saturdays

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I have been in raiding guilds before, Mid-Summer Knights and Secret Keepers, so raiding is something I like to do and will participate in as I can. As I indicated above my time is limited during the school year as many weeks for me are 60 to 90 hours. I am not really a guild jumper so my guild experiences are not long and sorted. The first guild was Red Band, a Korean guild. A pretty fun bunch but internal strife eventually brought them down. I went unguilded for a couple of years then joined up with MidSummer Knights just about the time of the big blow up and the Nomadic Knights/Triality split happened. Most of the people I knew went NK so I too went NK. That guild eventually died off so I joined Secret Keepers and my Druid was the GL after everyone followed the GL transferring to the Antonius Bayle server. I started grouping with a bunch that had just left Tribal Fury and formed Seven Stars and I have been there ever since. Vladdomere became the GL after Shameron and Sarrgon retired their toons and I have transferred leadership to another of my alts so that if people there come back, they have a guild to come back too. Playing for as long as I have been playing I have nearly 2 full accounts of alts. The only classses I don't have on Drinal I think are Paladin, Monk and Beast Lord although I do have alts on a couple of other servers that are those classes. I dont plan on moving all of my alts to CN unless I am needed to do so. My lowest level toon is a level 58 Bard.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Currently there are not enough active players in SS to support level 90 toons and I am feeling the pinch of loosing content because you cannot box everthing. I have explained to the others that I am apping here and have their support and approval. Being in a guild and being a good guildmate is important to me, that is one of the main reasons I am apping to CN.

Your Experience with CN

I have grouped often with CN over the years and have always found them to be honorable and quality players.

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I have not raided with CN but recently I have grouped with Dreyvor and his alts and Tzaniak. I also know Iyer and have grouped with her on occassion.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

I am applying to CN because the guild has staying power and quality players who I think I can help and that they can help me delve into better and more content.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I would like to be able to log on and see that other people in the guild are online and playing. I would like the opportunity to group, set up groups and do fun things with other similar minded people.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
I have read them and do understand why they are in effect

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I teach high school math and science also I coach girls volleyball.

-Where are you from? I live in the Seattle area of Washington state

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Blue <-- the BC Canadian spelling

kCii
Whee!

Postby kCii » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

Kokokane is my fav BC spelling of most anything~

thx for the app and see you about

kC

Atzanik
Whee!

Postby Atzanik » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Good to see the App!
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:17 pm

Also an old fart, just turning 53 this year.
Pfft -- just a young whippersnapper!!

Good to see the app, and look forward to meeting you in-game.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:06 pm

PM sent with information, good to see your app and see you in game. Will talk more there! Thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Nice raiding with you tonight. I only died once and it was Edhil's fault! :D
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb