Tzaniax - 85 Rogue - Application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Atzanik
Whee!

Tzaniax - 85 Rogue - Application

Postby Atzanik » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:37 am

Application for Membership

This is going to be much shorter than the first two times I filled this application out. Apparently the forum has a timeout if you take way too long to enter your message.

Your Main Character

-Name: Tzaniax
-Class: Rogue
-Race: Dark Elf
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 927

-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1750101
(Link for ease of access: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750101 )

-List which keys and flags you have: Crystallos, Void E

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Heidar, 85, Shaman (http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750103 )
Atzanikchanter, 85, Enchanter (http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750106 )
Pachelbelle, 85, Bard (http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750042 )
Chatz, 85 Beastlord (http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750100 )
Atzanikmage, 81, Magician (http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1750105 )
(Various others (total of 16 characters, one of each class) between 59 and 78, across 3 accounts with all expansions)

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
I have been playing since October 5th, 2003 and have experience a lot of soloing, grouping and tradeskilling. All of which I enjoy quite a bit, My focus has shifted over the years between exploring, questing, tradeskilling, generating platinum, grouping, and I love it all, It's just difficult to do everything at once.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Short term I would like to increase my Rogues power by obtaining AAs. Long term would be to learn raiding as a rogue and become the best I can be at it. Overall my main goal is to have fun with like minded people who understand that this is a game, not a life.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I play in the evenings and on weekends. Generally get online around 7/8pm and play until 11/12pm depending on what's going on. I also play on the weekends when I have time. A lot of my play time is determined by what is going on in real life with the family schedule and what events the kids have planned.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
Realistically I would be able to attend 66% (2 of 3 raids) per week. It all depends on what the family schedule is, as some days I won't be able to play at all, while some weeks may go by and I'm able to attend every raid.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

Over the years I have been in a few guilds, as I'm sure a lot of folks have who have played for a long time. I'll try to sum up what I can remember:

- Concordant Synergy: Left to join friends that I played with a lot in Sure Valor
- Sure Valor: Left to join Antaean Anomalies with a good friend Tareen when the friends I followed to SV created Seven Stars
- Antaean Anomalies: I was out of game for 1.5 years to deal with my son's kidney problem, and when I came back there was 100s of people in the guild, but only a handful, if that ever online?! I guess a lot of people quit EQ, so I went to Seven Stars where I had friends that still played
- Seven Stars: It seemed that depending when you logged on, you either got a group or were the odd man out, so I started boxing more, and moved all my toons to an inherited guild Granter of Wishes that was left to one of my alts by some friends that quit to play WoW.
- Granter of Wishes: Was mostly me and a few friends alts... I eventually disbanded the guild after moving some main toons to Tribal Fury
- Tribal Fury: I joined in October 09 with the hope of getting into the raiding side of the game. It proved to be a lesson in frustration and lack of communication and after several wasted nights I gave up on the raiding aspect and fell back to grouping/boxing where I have been until now. I have deguilded all my characters from TF to apply to CN with my Rogue, whom I wish to raid with. I left TF on good standing with ZERO drama. I never spent a single point of DKP or had TF flag me for anything... especially when the raid content was 3/4 expansions old =)

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
The only guild that I'm a member of is Solar Wind - this is a guild I created and have some of my alts in for GP access and GB storage.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Currently I'm not all buddy buddy with anyone in CN. I know some folks who used to be in CN such as Droftin, and I know some folks who are apping to CN (such as Iyer and Jennie). I've raided with CN a couple times a few years ago.. Droftin had asked me to come along on some raids as you folks were short on numbers. Being a green raider, those were great experiences! In the past I have grouped with CN folks, but not so much recently. I have always had a positive experience playing with CN people.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I chose to apply to CN because CN has the same core game values as I do. I'm extreamly impressed by the code of conduct and agree with it 100%. I'm here to have fun in a game, not hang with a bunch of "L33t" punks. I want to play with mature like minded people. I value communication and helping people have fun. I'm not here to play the game for people who join guilds to get TAs/Progression/Gear and then drop the guild when they can't milk it for any more. I'm a quiet person who likes to play EQ. I like to help people, but I don't like to be taken advantage of. CN seems like a place for people like me. In all the years that I have played EQ I have never seen any open drama with CN members, and I have never had a problem with a CN member. Seeing as the game has changed a lot over the years, and it's much harder to meet people due to the lack of PUGs, CN seems to be a haven for the type of people that I like to play with.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
My main goal for applying is to get into CN :) I just want to be around like minded people who play the game for fun and don't take advantage of one another. I'll be one of the first people to offer help and one of the last to ask for it. With CN's reputation I would be proud to carry the tag, as I believe it speaks as to what kind of player I am. I also want to try my hand at raiding with an organized bunch of folks who value communication and hard work towards a goal. CN seems to be the perfect fit for the type of players I wish to associate with for the time that I have to play.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yes I have, and do. If I didn't know any better I would have thought I wrote them myself.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I'm a software engineer for an automation company.

-Where are you from?
Southeastern Ontario, Canada

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
If it was within a days drive to/from yes, otherwise the boss/wife would object.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
I'd have to go with Blue.
Image Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Tzaniax - 85 Rogue - Application

Postby Glauri » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 am

Good to see the app hon. The only part that bothers me is the "I'm a quiet person..." stuff! (j/k)

See you online!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: Tzaniax - 85 Rogue - Application

Postby Littlabit » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Sent a PM with instructions to see me in game, hope to met you on some raids and get a chance to chat with you, Thanks Bit
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"