Antokk - 84 (about to be 85) SK

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Antokk
Whee!

Antokk - 84 (about to be 85) SK

Postby Antokk » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:45 pm

-Name: Antokk
-Class: Shadowknight
-Race: Dark Elf
-Level: 84 – I'll be 85 within half a day.
-Number of AAs: 1070... basically all good AA's up through TSS, all defensive aas up halfway through SOF. Obviously, need more.

-Magelo Number (if you have one): Given how fast my gear has been changing since I got back, I haven't made a magelo. I only have *one* piece of gear that's the same as when I got back, and that's going soon. I think I stand at about 27.5/4.4 or something like that unbuffed currently.

-List which keys and flags you have:
Mostly.. ones for zones which have since had their flagging requirements removed. I have all the pieces of the anguish pie! I am VoidD in SOD... I just need to finish the rathe to get VoidE.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Fergalicious is my zerker, and is something like 82/300. I didn't intend to do anything remotely serious with him when coming back, but he keeps gaining xp and loot just by being in MM's or boomerangs, so he'll probably be 85 with AA's and gear eventually. I had my roommate box him in boomers while I was working towards the 50 gold weap on Antokk, so he's only like 13 golds away from a 50 gold weapon of his own. (I wasn't very good at consistently coming in first over my roommate, heh.) MM's, boomerang silver items, and the boomer gold weap eventually will mean he's probably a useful dpsbox.

I also have access to a friend's warrior currently, which I've been using to tank a lot of stuff, as a 37k tank does better than a 17k tank (what I was when I came back,) or a 27k tank (what I am nowish.) But.. hopefully he's coming back now to play himself, and he's one of my favorite EQ people ever so yay.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):

I like raiding, grouping, taking long walks on the beach, and coming up with new and horrifying ways to kill everyone I've always loved. Sorry Jahras, Jumjam, & co <3. Since I got back, I've wiped geared/leveled groups in both P3 time and poinnovation, and I'm proud of that fact. Once in a long while, I go on a tradeskilling kick.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Well, I'm hoping to get solidly geared and aa'ed enough in the near future to be a useful tank pretty much anywhere. From a personal standpoint, I've always liked soloing old stuff, and I'll be happy when I can stand toe to toe to yarlir without a merc by myself and win.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I'm in PST, but have not yet really had a consistent enough schedule to say when I actually play EQ. My playtime lately has been really high and really weird; that will probably continue a while.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
I will essentially never be able to attend tuesday raids due to prior extracurricular commitments. I'll make some Wednesdays and probably many Saturdays, but don't really want to focus on raiding for now. So honestly; no idea.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I've been in Tribal Fury for the last eon, and recently came back from a very-extended EQ break. I can go in to further detail if anyone really wants, but although my guildtag is the same as it was when I left, it's not the same place. (And, bluntly, listening to guildchat makes me want to throw myself off a cliff in despair.)

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
As of posting this, my toons will be guilded in <i liek rice> for the purposes of a portal (well, and the guildbank is full of stuff I've farmed because my actual bank is full of stuff.) The only people with toons in the guild are me, Jahras, some of Weedwaker, and Dxeter.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I haven't looked over the roster exhaustively, but anyone who was previously in TF I probably know. Phane, Whyllow, Jumjam, and I am sure more. Caminrya was also nice enough to help me break a cooling chambers camp a while ago.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I'm homeless and I'm scared :( CN has more people I know than other Maelin guilds at this point, and from what I've seen of you guys is closer to the culture I am looking for than TF is at this point.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
A pleasant home.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yes.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
Student @ UC Berkeley

-Where are you from?
The government, I'm here to help.. (Navy brat... take your pick: florida, hawaii, japan, massachusetts, pennsylvania, virginia, morro bay, san diego, berkeley.)

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Not unless they happen to be really close to somewhere I'll already be. Which is possible – I have people pay to fly me out to three or four conferences in various places a year usually. Otherwise, I'm poor.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Canadian spellings are not okay :-(. Azure.

As a note on the character - as most of you are aware, I used to be a cleric, not an SK. Antokk is Maelmord - Weedwaker's shadowknight - renamed. I know how to play a shadowknight, have previously played one at a raid level, and Antokk will be permanently my main until/unless I eventually permanently leave EQ, at which point I'll give him back to weed. Weed does and will continue to have access to Ant if he ever needs to play him when I'm not around, but he's one of my favorite EQ peoples and will never present a problem in gu or anything of that nature. Jahras also has access.

Antokk
Whee!

Re: Antokk - 84 (about to be 85) SK

Postby Antokk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:24 am

Am 85 now. so, yay.

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:30 am

welcome honey! look forward to seeing you soon

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:09 am

Good to see your app.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:33 am

I'm just applying myself but Antokk is good people. Me and him talk SK strats and stuff. Although I play a ranger as my main, I consider my SK (Bhugar) my secondary main since I 3-box. Antokk always helps me with SK questions and strats.

Aroth
Aroth VoteYes

Antokk
Whee!

Postby Antokk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:46 am

Aroth wrote:I'm just applying myself but Antokk is good people. Me and him talk SK strats and stuff. Although I play a ranger as my main, I consider my SK (Bhugar) my secondary main since I 3-box. Antokk always helps me with SK questions and strats.

Aroth

Thaaaaaaat's who your main is, I somehow still missed that.

What Aroth means is, he giggles at me when I kill everyone.

(As a semi-relevant sidenote (since I grouped with aro in a FOS mission recently and did a really convincing job at trying to kill him) I am having some health issues currently that mean I may be playing some really drugged up and/or sleep deprived. I shouldn't manage anything to the extent of wiping a raid hopefully =).)

Antokk
Whee!

Postby Antokk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:39 am

I got in touch with a DE crafter this morning, and am now sporting most of a set of cultural. Had a horrible string of luck - nine failures on visible pieces - but luckily had enough for it. I can't replace my mpg trial legs yet (because they have 7% shielding and are the only place I can stick my 3% shielding aug from anguish,) I wish I were joking, but now wear cultural visibles besides for those and my bracers (which are T6/7 underfoot.) The bump from it makes me sit around 30k unbuffed.

Antokk
Whee!

Postby Antokk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

... and not meaning to triple post in my own app thread but eh; I fell asleep for nine hours randomly today and thus missed the raid. I'll be gone from the 23rd to the 28th for spring break likely, but back after.

Wamadoorn
Whee!

Postby Wamadoorn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Hey Antok, long time... hope to see you around soon!

Antokk
Whee!

Postby Antokk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Am back in town now.

Antokk
Whee!

Postby Antokk » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:29 am

I died a, um, 'few' times, but tanked scent of the woman for a win last night.

I may or may not make the raid tonight. I told friends I'd go out with them tonight, depending on how late we leave I may be able to raid.

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:42 am

Sounds like a person with a RL!! Truly a rarity ~~
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri