Jahras - 85 Ghost of Vazaelle's past... er Beastlord

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Jahras
Whee!

Jahras - 85 Ghost of Vazaelle's past... er Beastlord

Postby Jahras » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:16 am

-Name: Jahras
-Class: Beastlord
-Race: Iksar
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: ~1650

-Magelo Number (if you have one): My magelo is way out of date right now, I've replaced almost every slot in the last two weeks with OMM/boomerang/T6 gear

-List which keys and flags you have: Tons of old school ones that don't matter any more! But the one you do care about, I should have void E finished in the next day or two

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): The only one that really matters, Meeras (60 Druid) my original character until luclin release

A Little Bit About Yourself
I'm an oldschool player that started in early 2001. I mostly retired around the SoF release, with a few brief trips back into game, but last month I came back with a friend and am getting into the game again, catching up as fast as I can.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc):
This has changed a lot over the years. My favorite thing used to be raid leading, then it became my least favorite after GoD! (I have no intent of raid leading ever again, just as a disclaimer!)
At the moment my most enjoyable moments are getting together a group of people and beating encounters with some unconventional methods. I like weird strats for events and using illfit classes to beat a tough scenario. One of my fondest raiding memories is being one of the main healers on a vulak raid along side mr serano.
I also like to work hard playing my class. I'f I'm slacking on autoattack, I'm not having a proper good time in a group.
I uh.. also like casting bestial alignment on people in lobby, to make the zone look more like a zoo. If you've been afk and come back to be a wolf, gator, bear or tiger, it might have been me.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Short term goal is to really hit these living legacy events as hard as I can, specially that freeport sewers one for the delicious augs and easy faction hits.
Longer term goal is to fill out my visible slots in UF group gear. Boring goals I know, I'm not a huge goal setter in game.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
EST - I tend to be a night owl, playing more on weekday nights than on weekends

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
To be honest over the years my typical attendance has wavered between 99% and 20%, I've gone through hardcore and softcore phases - Right now I would probably be around for 50-75% of raids

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I joined Tribal Fury in its founding week back in '01 and have spent most of my EQ time there, only interrupted by a nine month stint in Sequel.
I've been mostly retired for the last year and a half, and I know a lot of you are well aware of the changes TF has gone through since then, and having come back
it doesn't feel like my home in EQ any more. Most of the people I wanted to play with have moved elsewhere or barely play any more. One of the places many
of them have moved to is CN. So I've chosen to leave TF to apply to CN, because I think it will be a better fit for me.

I've also played on the FV server as a rogue named Pron, and on Mayong as a wizard named Centigrade, if anyone else was on there.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
<I Liek Rice> Because me Antokk, Weedwaker and Dxeter like rice. (alt guild)

Your Experience with CN
-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
... I know a ton of people here, so I'd rather not go name by name. Having been a raid leader and officer serving many of them in TF years ago, I imagine
they have varying opinions of me and my style of leadership =p
And having been on vazaelle since the start, I certainly have played side by side with a lot of the old school CN crew.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Touched on above, but I'm applying because of the number of people I know and like here. And a big reason, because you don't require raiding and value the social aspect of the game

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
While not really tangible, my goal is just to find somewhere that feels like it fits better.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Oui

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I'm a recent college grad who will hopefully be working on a biofuels research grant soon (just had second interview) while tutoring part time. My last job was on a sweet potato genomics project as a data manager. But what I really *do* is fish, sail, camp and continue my search for the world's best bottle of rum. Barbancourt 16 year still holds my #1 spot and I welcome challengers.

-Where are you from?
Currently living in Raleigh NC. The easiest way to put where I'm "from" is the Carolinas/Bahamas. I've moved a lot, but spent the most time in Myrtle Beach, James Island, Laurinburg, Southern Pines, Raleigh and Great Abaco Island

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Sure. I've met up with a number of friends from EQ already. Sometimes it has been super awkward, but most of the times great fun!

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Blond

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Jahras - 85 Ghost of Vazaelle's past... er Beastlord

Postby Glauri » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:36 am

Good to see the app -- an interesting read. :)

I look forward to meeting you in-game soon!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:10 am

welcome honey!! hope to see you soon!

Qurillanea
Whee!

Postby Qurillanea » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 am

My thoughts on Jahras...

LLIZ, THE RAGING ANIMIST OF KITHICOR! - LVL: 105, AA: Shameful

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 am

I am totally snaggin that Capt. Picard picture...too funny.
Aroth VoteYes

Fallainya
Whee!

Postby Fallainya » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:28 am

Jahras - I haven't had the opportunity to group or raid with you yet, but I wanted to say welcome and good luck. I also have a Rum challenge for you.

Stroh's Rum from Austria - have you tried that yet? The smell is fantastic and it smells like butterrum candy, but it has a really big bite. Can light it on fire. hehe

Anyways, good luck

Falla

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Nice to see your app!

And yes, I'm snagging that Picard pic myself!
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 pm

mmmm....butterrum candy..........i'm so wanting some of that rum!

Jahras
Whee!

Postby Jahras » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:34 pm

Fallainya wrote:Jahras - I haven't had the opportunity to group or raid with you yet, but I wanted to say welcome and good luck. I also have a Rum challenge for you.

Stroh's Rum from Austria - have you tried that yet? The smell is fantastic and it smells like butterrum candy, but it has a really big bite. Can light it on fire. hehe

Anyways, good luck

Falla

Seeing Austria and rum in the same sentence immediately struck me as odd, but after reading up on it I've never had an inländer rum. This will need to go on the to-do-list.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:11 am

I've known this guy for along time. A strong player and a helpful person. Good to see his app.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 am

Good to see your app. hope to go to battle with you, and wierd strats seem the norm alot.... see last time through tasnise. Stroh's rum is pretty decent however it tastes a bit much like a werthers for me...tasty once in a while. I favor Cruzan Black Strap, nice and dark and pretty rich. good with pepsi, dun ruin with co@%.

Wamadoorn
Whee!

Postby Wamadoorn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:03 pm

/wave /wave
omg jahras crizt! I'm behind on my forum reading, didn't realize you were apping!

This guy was definitely a big help and a mentor to me starting out in TF back when. More recently, if he's gone from EQ a while and comes back he hits me up for what the good AA's are to buy :P

See you around man!

Jahras
Whee!

Postby Jahras » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:28 pm

Ironbeans wrote:Good to see your app. hope to go to battle with you, and wierd strats seem the norm alot.... see last time through tasnise. Stroh's rum is pretty decent however it tastes a bit much like a werthers for me...tasty once in a while. I favor Cruzan Black Strap, nice and dark and pretty rich. good with pepsi, dun ruin with co@%.

I actually don't like rum and coke (or rum and pepsi) hardly at all. If I'm mixing my rum, it's with citrus and sometimes with a splash of ginger ale or tonic, or maybe some painkiller mix if I have pusser's. I've oddly never tried the Black Strap, only the flavored ones from Cruzan that friends have brought over, but I am a big fan of the darks. Myers and tonic w/ lime is my go to pre-meal cocktail.

And thanks for the kind words everyone, hope to be grouping and raiding more with you all soon. Just one mission away from void E now, and getting that done soon as I can either nab a requester, or get my faction up further with Jaled`dar.

And a "long time" is no understatement Goof. I was just trying to remember how far back it's been, and I remember raiding Ixiblat for Zyz's 1.0 with you, that seems ancient now. That was back when... man all the way back when rainguider and horro were around for team druid.

Stonecrush
Whee!

Postby Stonecrush » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 am

Jahs

If you can find it, and it's hella rare. Havana Club BEFORE Fidels rein of horrid... Family used to make the stuff. I don't drink rum myself but I am told it's pretty good.

Anyway regards,
Stonecrush :P

Jahras
Whee!

Postby Jahras » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 am

A Cuban-American that doesn't like rum is like a Belgian that doesn't like beer!

And thanks for the fun times on raids so far guys and gals, it's been great to be back in action with so many old friends.

Dxeter
Whee!

Postby Dxeter » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:54 pm

I was a fan of Brugal on my trip to the Dominican Republic.