85 Ranger- Aroth

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Aroth
Whee!

85 Ranger- Aroth

Postby Aroth » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Aroth
-Class: Ranger
-Race: Woody
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 704

-Magelo Number (if you have one): haven't made one for this toon but will upon request. I resurrected my ranger recently and have been having the most fun in a long time. He's about 24k hp unbuffed, but I am working him up gear and aa-wise

-List which keys and flags you have: SoD D flagged. missing warrens theme. got murdunks done for E. working on the group tasks.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): I have tons, I'll list the ones I play lately. bhugar 85sk, gesswa 80ench, liltater 85shm, puffinn 85mage, dylanic 85nec, rajun 85bard, eslronis 85bst, aaelea 85wiz.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc): Grouping mostly. That one of the main reason for apping. I have real life friends in CN, Emarinn and Maluvian. Plus I have a few old friends from Wraiths of Discord in CN too. I play LoN periodically too. Theres a great 85 potion mission right now which is really easy if y'all havent heard. about 10-15 of them are the xp potions.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
just to have fun, whatever I find that to be, at the time.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? After I get the kids to bad on weekdays (8-ish), and weekends are random. CST

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
I think I would like to try raiding again to see if it is for me. I raided hardcore back on Vazaelle for 2 years during the velious,luclin,pop era. none of those days are a problem, but I would be a little late depending on when the kids goto bed.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I was in TF for a long time. The main reason to leave and join CN would be to play with Emarinn and Maluvian more. They told me they would play more if I joined CN and I am gonna hold them to it if I make it. TF is a good guild and lots of good people there that I will keep in touch with, it was a tough decision but I think I would be happier with a lot of my old crew in guild. I also would like to have 'some free, foraged food and/or water' on a regular basis.

Before that my main guilds were Wraiths of Discord, EoTD(vaz), Eternal Advocates(vaz), and Epic Heroes(vaz).

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: I left TF before apping. I do have an alt in <Bacon> its only about 10 people big and has a couple of friends of mine in it purely for socializing though.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Emarinn, Maluvian, and Goofydoofy off the top of my head. I used to raid with Jhereg a bit when he lead the /pickup raid night a while back. Probably hard to remember me from then though.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
Friends in guild. Free foraged food and/or water.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
Grouping more. I 3-box but I have more fun if I can play one toon and group with others. I don't count merc's as others because they are real shallow and don't talk to me much.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
yup

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
Network Security Stuff

-Where are you from?
Huntsville, AL

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Maybe

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Light urple
Aroth VoteYes

Maluvian
Whee!

Re: 85 Ranger- Aroth

Postby Maluvian » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Aroth (Selronis, might wanna check your spelling chief :P) is good people. we've been wanting him to app since we came over when WoD folded and we finally suckered.... er, i mean convinced him to come over. Plays well with others, doesn't bite unless you want him to, knows the classes he plays well etc etc.

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 pm

It's about TIME!!!!

Aroth / Selronis (I met him as Selronis is WoD, he'll probably always be Selronis to me! :)) is one of my favorite people. He's always ready to help out (as long as you give him free foraged food and water (which means he really gets along well with Goofy)). Seriously, he's an awesome person and a wonderful friend who knows the game (look at his alts!) and is there when you need him. He'd be a great fit and a great benefit to CN.

I really will log in more (well, I'm usually always logged in), but less AFK (hopefully!) if Aroth is around!

/happy dances around Norrath
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:47 am

Old school Vaz. guy! woot! I know the name Aroth have seen you around for years .. good to see your app!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks guys :D
Aroth VoteYes

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:36 am

Emarinn, check your /claim

Qyl, I know I said I would help ya with camping your wrists this afternoon, but it might be tonight now. The Mrs., wants to go car shopping then lunch so I wasn't expecting that. As the saying goes "Happy wife, happy life".
Aroth VoteYes

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:58 am

Aroth wrote:Emarinn, check your /claim

Qyl, I know I said I would help ya with camping your wrists this afternoon, but it might be tonight now. The Mrs., wants to go car shopping then lunch so I wasn't expecting that. As the saying goes "Happy wife, happy life".

/rubs her hands together and wonders what goodies she has waiting for her

As a wife, even one who plays EQ, I can say that wife faction is probably the most important one of all! :lol:

Have fun shopping and lunching!!

EmaEDIT: Oooh, THANK YOU!!! You sir, ROCK!!
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:15 am

It's been great raiding again, and you guys are a fun bunch to raid with. Thanks for having me along the past serveral raid nights. I am just posting here to let you guys know that over the next month I am studying for an exam(CISSP-ISSEP) I am taking on April 25th, which means I will take off a couple nights a week to study at home instead of loggin in. I normally am a 5-7 a night week player, but this is a special circumstance where i may only be a 3-4 nights a week during the next month. I am gonna try to log on during raid nights to maxmize my participation with CN, and not log in on non-raid nights to maximize my paycheck. After the test I can get back normal. I hope this is cool, i'd rather be an app during my normal playtime hours but i didnt want to miss the open recruitment period.

Thanks,
Aroth
Aroth VoteYes

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:19 pm

he knows the happy wife, happy life motto! already on my good list!!