Nlannie 85 Monk

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Nlannie 85 Monk

Postby Nlannie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi there, I've been told I have permission to apply, so without further ado:

-Name: Nlannie
-Class: Monk
-Race: Gnome wannabe
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: ~2700
-Magelo Number (if you have one):http://eq.magelo.com/profile/241884

-List which keys and flags you have:
I am fully keyed up through DoDH, Missing my official Deathknell key as well as access to Ashengate North and Frostcrypt II. I have access to Solteris, MMM and Crystallos Base, and Korfax.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Iktha - 83 Rogue and a few others not worth mentioning.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
I love raiding and grouping, seeing new encounters and figuring out how to beat them, etc. I abhor tradeskilling.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I'd really love to see Solteris.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I play EQ in the evening and night, I'm in Eastern Time.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
I should be able to make most of them, however I may be a little bit late to some raids due to my current job.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
For approximately the last seven years I was in the guild Pactum, where I was eventually promoted to officer, raid leader, and then eventually the de-facto leader until my recent departure. I left for a number of reasons, mostly due to the fact that hardly anyone logged on anymore, especially for raids and the frustration of trying to maintain raiding with less then three groups. It took me a very long time to get to this point, but I felt it was time, if not overdue to leave.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
I was forced into "Obfuscation" by men in white coats who said they were here to help; either that or I joined for the use of a guild hall. My alts are still in Pactum for mostly reminiscent reasons.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Heh, /who all CN. I know several of you, off the top of my head, in no particular order;
Silly is #1 OR SHE'LL BEAT ME, Jhereg, Omminsomething I grouped with this one time, Edhil, Balzzodar (unfortunatly) Sarinee, Sharrien (I'm mentioning you because you gave me ferocity - awesome) Vitala, Lanyder and his veritable army of alts, Zyton among others... If I started listing all the people I've grouped with a bunch then I might as well just get a copy of your roster.

I've raided with you guys a quite a few times, from open pickup raids on my alts, guesting on official raids, as well as a join Time raid last year with Pactum

I have also met several members at your Toronto convention; Szork, Balzzodar, Zyton, Jhereg, Landias, Jaffod, Kahlyla, Fibban, Xril and Silly. I even managed to chauffeur Zyton, Silly and Jhereg to their bank and hotel (respectively)

I don't mean to leave people out, its just that I've forgotten your name.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I'm applying to CN mostly because of the apparent large number of friends I have there, as well as the opportunity to see new zones and events.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
My primary goal in applying is to get into your guild. I'm hoping to spend more time with my current friends and maybe get some new ones if the price is right.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yes

-Other -
-What do you do in real life?
I'd like to work watching people sky dive. Not me, but other people; I'm getting into the IT business.

-Where are you from?
New York

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Certainly

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Do they spell Blue differently up there?

I'm not sure what else to put, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

edit - spelling and consistency

Silly
The blond sage

Re: Nlannie 85 Monk

Postby Silly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:42 am

You forgot the bit about winkie faces and how you are a humorous character! Being one of my oldest in-game friends (and someone I will keep in touch with long after EQ is gone), Nlannie (more commonly known as "Ming") is one of the most loyal and amusing people I know (however part of that amusement comes from him letting me pick on him on a regular basis), not to mention the fact that he plays his toons extremely well (except when you evade with Iktha and let Xazzie die :lol: ).

I'll post similar mushy stuff on your vote thread, however I am very happy (yet sad for Pactum) to see your desire to become a part of our team.

See you around ;) (winkie face),
Silly
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Damn more old school! I have fought on and off with Nlannie either as Lerch or watching my wifes old chanter Sindaria.

Good too see ya.

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:37 pm

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Heh, /who all CN. I know several of you, off the top of my head, in no particular order;
Silly is #1 OR SHE'LL BEAT ME, Jhereg, Omminsomething I grouped with this one time, Edhil, Balzzodar (unfortunatly)

Dude you know you are lying!! I'm the coolest bard you know!! And I know if Silly wasnt so mean and intimidating I woulda been first on the list!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:11 pm

:lol: Fear my muscles!! /flex
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 am

Great to see your app!
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 am

Damn, I raided with Pactum back during my CN hiatus. You were doing AoW and NToV at the time (I think that Trab still has the Vindy BP in the bank that you let me have even as an app) - I think Puppetz (?) was 'da boss' back then. I remember being very impressed with the way you 'just got shit done' and I am very sad to see it pass away

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:29 am

I have to agree Jaf, Everyone I have ever had my path cross with had a Pactum tag seemed to always be great peeps. BTW, what is quirog doing these days? I haven't seen him in a few.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

Wow, this is very exciting. Ming has been a part of CN for almost four years now, he just hasn't been willing to admit it until now!

I can't wait to tell Vitty.

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:34 pm

good to see ya app :D
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

SarineeBarbie
Whee!

Postby SarineeBarbie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:16 am

Woot woot! How nice to see your app!

Dranorth
Whee!

Postby Dranorth » Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 am

dir ming, and take silly with you until i get a new title!!!