Wamadoorn 85 Beastlord

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Wamadoorn
Whee!

Wamadoorn 85 Beastlord

Postby Wamadoorn » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Wamadoorn Wanadoo
-Class: Beastlord
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 1520
-Magelo Number (if you have one): (-->> 1278033 <<--)
-List which keys and flags you have: Void E, MMM Raid, Solteris, FrostCrypt/Ashengate, ...

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):

My alts are all lower level as I play them just for the fun of it once in a while for a change of pace. The ones I've actually logged in recently:
Ozzubon 70 Enchanter
Rahnelilly 56 Ranger

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

#1 Grouping and Raiding with friends and having fun doing it
#2 Finishing quests and progression (even mo' better in conjunction with #1!)
#3 Working on tradeskills or other solo endeavors

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Short Term:
* Finish Void F access
* Finish Dark Soul Crystal collection set
* Whatever other SoD quests/arcs look like fun after the above
* Farming new SoD augs

Long Term:

* Can't have too many AAs.. well maybe you can but there's a ton I want to buy yet!
* Max out all my tradeskill trophies (tailoring/smithing maxed so far)
* Continued group/raid progression, faction, etc.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I am located in the Central time zone and play most weekday evenings and randomly during the day or night on weekends.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

I will be able to attend almost all Tue/Wed raids and most Sat raids, I should easily maintain 80%+ raid day attendance. Due to work schedule there may be occasional weekdays that I may log in a little late and miss the very beginning of the raid.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

Tribal Fury: Several of my closest friends left the server, game, and/or guild recently. There are still plenty of quality people in Tribal Fury, but I just wasn't having much fun anymore. I need a fresh start in a more relaxed family environment which you guys seem to fit perfectly. It also helps that I will be rejoining some friends who are already applying here that I can't imagine spending my time in Norrath without.
Unbroken Bonds: PoP content raiding guild, completely collapsed before Elemental tier.
Sanctum Nostrum: Family guild that did a little raiding, had fun in it but guild leaders quit, then membership slowly dwindled until it was a ghost town.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

I said my goodbyes to TF and I am currently unguilded.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

I know Jumjam and Nati from our time in TF together. Also Goofydoofy from random raids, quest help, etc. but I hope you don't hold that against me. I hope to meet many more of you during my app period.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

CN looks to have the kind of relaxed family atmosphere, plus non-required raiding that really fits what I enjoy most about EQ and my schedule. It also doesn't hurt that you are at a similar level of progression and some of my best friends are already applying.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I am hoping to find a place to call home with some old friends and new friends I just haven't met yet. Beyond that, for me personally its more about what you put into the guild than what you get out of it... I just enjoy helping out and seeing the guild and the individuals within it progress and advance through working together.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yeppers

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?

My official title is 'Senior Software Engineer', which pretty much just means I get to program and have lackeys. Oh, the glamor!

-Where are you from?

I live in Madison, WI. Originally from a few hours north of here where I grew up on the family dairy farm. So I can also answer all your questions about rural living and cows!

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?

I would certainly consider it, though we don't travel much lately and it may be difficult to arrange the trip as I'm the only one in my household playing EQ, so may take some convincing. On the other hand, we have a large backyard next to a park, so actually hosting a barbeque wouldn't be a big stretch.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)

My favourite Canadian colour would have to be Labatt's Blue.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: Wamadoorn 85 Beastlord

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

Good to see your app.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Thought I recognized the name, I remember you from UB. Nice to see your app.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 am

Quality dude :) Nice to see you appin :)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Also Goofydoofy from random raids, quest help, etc. but I hope you don't hold that against me.
Heeheehee! ^^

Wamadoorn
Whee!

Postby Wamadoorn » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 am

Just wanted to pop in and say that I had a busy week/weekend and wasn't online as much as I had hoped for last week, but I had a blast on the raid Saturday and really enjoyed meeting some peeps, and should be on a lot more this week to meet more of ya!

Re: Tauaunt: Dude! Wow that is a blast from the past, UB seems so long ago I barely remember anything from it but I remember you being a really quality guy, when I saw your name and the Capt. America colors together it all clicked. Also, I was cleaning up a bunch of old junk on my interface yesterday and my friends list, which I literally haven't used in years, still has your name in it lol.