Ironbrow Lvl 85 Monk

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Ironbrow Lvl 85 Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:36 am

<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Ironbrow
-Class: Monk
-Race: Human
-Level: 85
-Number of AAs: 1350+
-Magelo Number (if you have one):

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1407668

-List which keys and flags you have: MMM, Crystallos static, AG E+W, FC, Solteris all 3 docs for MMM raid, completed queen mal in SOD, Void F

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Ironoxide 46 Shaman
Ironhottie 2 Druid, trader
A Little Bit About Yourself

ER um... I try to always be fair, and decent. I have held to what I thought was right many times and was unpopular untill everyone had cooled off. I try to treat everyone with respect and decency. I have been known to have a decent sense of humor and a large streak od smartalleck runs right through me.. this is a game and meant to be fun, but focus and concentration during raid or a tough group encounter are my strong points. My weak points are lack of knowlege on some in game things, like how to do all the cool audio triggers and one thing I am looking for help on is how to stack discs to maximize my dps, and perhaps not having the first clue the best way to set up a parser etc. I am a solid player, but have alot to learn.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ?
EQ is FUN, most all of it. Exploring is great Raiding WOOT.. Grouping, going to new places, bad neighborhoods facing bad guys and not seeing "loading please wait" Trying new stuff in group level missions, figuring out how to get bad guys to raid without of course killing everyone, WOOT

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Short Term, Help those I am raiding or grouping with deal with task at hand, have fun. Get better at being a monk. Long Term Be the best monk. Epics, done. Learn more raid stuff figure out strats tactics etc. Gain more aa's because I have short attention span and need to take a break from the boring stuff I need to get stuff I want, then get needs on target again. A word on attention span, I have finally finished Combat Agility and Stability, Vet Wrath is maxxed as well, and all 3 spires as well.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I play most every night and my timezone is Eastern Standard

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
I should be able to attend all raids, unless away on business. cannot raid from a hotel wireless connection very well.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

Goddess Legion, was officer, Leader deguilded me on suspicion of being a hacker (later resolved with appology from leader)<-- well lets not revisit that one lol
Horsemen of Norrath, was officer and left on very amicable terms to pursue more raiding. I still send folks to HON that are looking for that type of guild. Wonderfull folks there
Crusaders of Discord, Guild Leader gave up trying to raid due to inadequate force able to be assembled.
Umbrae Predatorae, was officer/raid leader in training. We were unable to field a regular force large enough to hit progressively harder targets, GL let all know to find another raiding guild.
Dogs of Doom
-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Ex Abyssus-from hell an old guild maintained by a very good friend for storage etc.
Your Experience with CN
I have attended several raids during my previous app period, enjoyed them completely, (exept for the part where everyone knew what was going on except the noob, (ME)) Grouped some with folks and me general experience with CN folks has been quite good. Recently Goofy helped with a hit for a bard... very cool of him.
-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

I have grouped with CN members to name a few:
Tandt, Littlabit, Gemster, Iyeni, Passum and Raided with CN before, solteris and didnt kill anyone.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I visited at length with Littlabit about inner workings of CN and how things were within guild. I love to raid but cannot do 6 a week raids AD was a consideration but I would have serious sleep deprivation with 6 a week raiding. Strong grouping and more raiding content and a very strong encouragement led me to fill out application. <---This still holds true, and I feel I finished my commitment as best I could and so would like to be part of the team.
AND visiting with Iyeni and the monks led me to reapply
-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I hope to work as a team member to do fun stuff on raids, kill bad guys, win and conquer the world! well perhaps not the whole world. I enjoy grouping and helping others on hits they need and of course have some fun in the process
-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
I have read the rules 2 times thus far, will read a few more to get them more firmly placed in my bald head, all seem reasonable and fair, all are understood as well

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I am a Materials Scientist, and work in a company that manufactures security products for banking and other industries including military and infrastructure

-Where are you from?
Colorado originally, live in Florida now
-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Yes, where to?
-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Moron...er um typo Marroon
Last edited by Ironbeans on Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Littlabit
Meanie

Re: Ironbrow Lvl 85 Monk

Postby Littlabit » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Hey Iron been looking for you to app, hope your wife is coming with you too.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:26 pm

Nice looking app, Ironbrow. I look forward to meeting you!

Silly

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:42 pm

Hey Ironbrow,

I think i was in that group with you and bit an the rest .. good to see your app!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

iyeni
Whee!

Postby iyeni » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:25 pm

I think Iron, and his wife if she so chooses, would be an excellent addition to the CN family. He was nothing but pleasant and considerate-and hes funny to boot.
Thank you for apping Iron!
iyeni

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 am

Lies you where not booted, you left on your own accord when Guin booted Sarabean for being anonymous 3 days straight and not answering tells. Your story was your friend was in the hospital and you let him use the toon. Sarabean went from 60 to 80 in 3 days. Your story was questioned, and you where never accused. It was said being anonymous was not allowed in GL. What was also said was that pling within GL was not allowed and her thought process was that eithier You hired someone or your friend pled her, That is why Sarabean was removed. I am pretty sure guin still has the email you sent out and the guild log from that day. Good Luck You 2 are both great toons but lets get the record straight.

And yes I did apolgize, I dont have the same mind set as Guin being Anon is okay at times and pling who doesnt do it these days as long as the person playing the toon knows how?

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:28 am

I will simply rebut in this fashion, your information is rather faulted as I was the one booted, and yes my friend was injured in Iraq and played our toons in hosp. and to the logic of it all methinks there are a fair number of folks that might think Sara can play adequately well. I on the other hand am rather gimp. However there are many with a more accurate picture than I. Moving forward, those of you that know Ironbrow can make your own determination. Please dont hold his lack of hair against him, it reduces drag and leaves less housing for insects.

Gemster
Whee!

Postby Gemster » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:04 pm

I think Ironbrow and his lady would be a good add to CN. I found them to be good players when we grouped. Seem to be very considerate of others, atleast they shared thier camp with us which is seldom done these days. (end app post reply) On another note why is a hate mogering, inconciderate, unhealing, Non CN cleric like Mardella posting on the app channel which is purely CN business anyway?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:33 pm

I have a general request of the CN folks - can we please not fuel the flames? While I understand that we are all entitled to our opinions (even the Canadians are allowed that I think (although they have to pay provincial taxes on it)) I would hate to see an app thread degenerate into petty arguments - although that would allow me to raise my weak lock skilz.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

Howdy Ironbrow. My name is Oaklen and myself and the other monks, who may not have met you, are looking forward to getting to know you. Please disregard that inadvertent Mardella post.
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 am

Have only grouped with him once or twice but he was a good guy from what I could see :)

zebulon
Whee!

Postby zebulon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:19 pm

i have known iron for awhile, always been a nice guy. well for a monk :). glad to see ya app bud, hope ya have fun meeting everyone and keep the goats hidden.

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:16 pm

OUCHIE
Zeb cmon ... makin me go bald here :lol:

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 am

hiya iron.. nice to see you app !
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Greetings Esteemed Members of Celestial Navigators,

I would like to mention that my experience as an applicant was pretty awesome. Somewhat like a child in a candy store, no not really a store because there was no candy to be bought, however factory would be more akin to correct. The list of folks that treated me with kindness to whom I thank, Borkin the noxious Blackfart, His cousin Passum, Littlabit Slayer of kittens, Tandt (nothing witty comes to mind), Oaklen (Eldermonk and somewhat alike Master Po from Kung-Fu), Jahid ( like Po's rowdy little brother), Iyeni, ( (cannot describe her without blushing) that is not a bad thing either). Then there are those of you that had to endure my presence during raids upon which I had not been on yet and was utterly clueless, I thank you. GoofyDoofy, we grouped and I cannot say anything at all bad, but the goat thing kinda skeers me. Thank you for being tolerant and kind and some modicum of cool, (see goat thing).

I suppose having said that I enjoyed the experience and have nothing bad to take from it only fond thoughts, I have contacted a number of you and visited about my decision. Please relate the appropriate parts to the rest of the esteemed membership in hopes they understand. I cannot leave Dogs of Doom, some of the principles upon which I disagreed are being repaired. The membership of DoD is much akin to a family in that try as I might I cannot bring myself to leave at this time. There were some simple words from some members that have known me sinice I was a tiny monk that bring tears to my eyes even now ... So I will work hard with DoD and see where it leads.

This Post is to officially remove my application from consideraton, but to do so asking that you all understand that there are no hard feelings and nothing but good feelings about those of you I had the honor of going "into the breach" with. Thank you for being kind and decent and please dont hesitate to send a tell or ask to share a camp. It is my pleasure to do so with some of the bestest folks I have met so far.

Many Thanks,

Ironbrow, The Gimp Monk

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:50 pm

ahh Ironbrow Im sorry to see you go. We did talk about this at lenght and I hope that if you change your mind you will find you way back to us, It was a pleasure playing, dying and raiding with you. Im here if you need me just a /tell away. Hopefully you will keep in touch with me /hugs
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:54 am

Wow, what a great withdrawal post. Looks like we missed out on a good app here

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:21 am

Wow man looks like we missed out with this one. That level of dedication to a guild is hard to find anymore with the popular attitude of let me hop guilds till I get where I wanna go.

Well sir you will always have my slow and my dog just based on post. Please call on me whenever you need a slow :)

Lerchinc
Slowbus shammy of the 82nd year :)

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 am

Hey buddy we enjoyed having you along while you were here and all hope you do well and are happy in your travels. I see you around man.
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>

Monkeying around since 2k

SarineeBarbie
Whee!

Postby SarineeBarbie » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:47 pm

Iron,

Your withdrawal could be in the "How-To-Withdraw-An-App-From-A-Guild Guide for Dummies"... and by that I mean it is nicely done and a good example of how to do such a thing in a nice manner. Your post and the reason that you have given for withdrawing your app and for staying in DoD shows your quality. My compliments to you and I wish you the very merry best.

/wave

Sarinee

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Take care, Iron, and best of luck in all your travels!

Silly
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Sarabean
Whee!

Postby Sarabean » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:15 pm

I must say Iron that you can put words on paper, but I know how bad you wanted to stay with CN, and how torn you were with leaving the Dogs up in the air. I believe a bigger man can not be found. You have Raided with the Dogs with 100% commitment and no loot that would do you any good. I know that it will be some time before you can get to a zone that will give you any raid loot. In CN you saw loot that you could use and in knowing if you stayed you would grow in many ways. I hope that you keep your friends in CN and learn from their kindness and grow from their experience as you group with them from time to time. I have learned from you and now I feel it is time for me to grow with you, so with that said I have only one thing left say!

I love you :) for who you are and who you make me want to be.

Big Hugs Sarabean

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:10 am

Greetings once again esteemed members of Celestial seasonings.... wait that is tea... Celestial Navigators. I suppose I should explain simply. I wish to RE-APPLY to CN. Dogs of Doom has experienced issues. Last evening I experienced an occurence that was pretty much it. We cannot field a raid force, and there seems be a great deal of dissonance. That being said the Guild Leader has all the respect I can muster as do all of my former guildmates. I must say that adhering to principle made me feel like I did the right thing. Please consider me as an applicant. There are a few things that have changed. I have attained flagging through Void F, I am flagged for Solteris, I believe I have all of the documents to allow MMM raid access as well. I am positive on 2 and do not have my bank open to look (they are in chronological order). I have earned quite a few more AA's. Combat agility and stability and Vet Wrath are maxxed even in light of my short attention span. My magelo is correct and up to date with the exeption of my unbuffed HP are a bit higher.
I have spoken at length with Iyeni about coming to CN, and startled the monk channel when I joined on my super Uber trader and visited wit them about coming to CN, Jahid was positive, Oaklen was good to talk to again, and your newest monk was clueless untill the rest of the fellows informed ming what was up... all together I felt a positive vibe...so.
Please consider my application reopened, and untill the esteemed members of CN tell me no..it will not be recinded this time.

As a side note, there very well may be more of my collegues from Dogs submitting thier apps, please dont hold thier association with me against them. :lol:

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 pm

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out in Dogs, Iron, but I know lots of people will be excited to see you're applying here again.

I will post you a new vote thread, and feel free to start joining up with us in groups and on raids again. If you don't remember the apps channel, shoot me a tell (or anyone in game that you know) and we'll hook you up!

See you around soon!
Silly

PS- Feel free to update your original post with your current aa/flag count and flags (once you're sure on those) and I'll edit that in your vote thread as well!

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm

Glad to see ya back, and I have many old friends in DoD.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Must be nice having friends.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm

Yea, I often need free beer!
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Postby Nlannie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:16 pm

and your newest monk was clueless

hey :(

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:28 pm

Sorry dude but as I remember and I kinda quote "Who is Ironhottie?" Oaklen "level 2 druid" Jahid "It's IB" Oaklen "hey bud" ... wasnt being mean

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:53 pm

Good to see your re-app bro. look forward to seeing you in game.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!