Kaeleel Playspossum (80 Shadow Knight)

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Jarsace
Whee!

Kaeleel Playspossum (80 Shadow Knight)

Postby Jarsace » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:12 pm

-Name: Kaeleel Playspossum

-Class: Shadow Knight

-Race: Dark Elf

-Level: 80

-Number of AAs: 376

-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1416382

-List which keys and flags you have: I am one mission away from Solteris access. I am now MMM keyed, and working on Crystallos access. (The reasons for my slackness are explained below)

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Elison 80 Bard, Jarsace 85 Warrior. I box several toons but those are the only ones that are mine.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) All in all I would say that raiding is the one thing I truely enjoy the most about this game, grouping is fun and I am always up for some old school zone killing. I like grouping with others and doing crazy things, I am never upset about killing my toon and look for interesting ways to do it.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) Well I have quite a few goals for this character. 85, 3500ish AA, 5k AC unbuffed are just a few.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Well if work allows me to get off on time I usually log in around 4pm pst/pdt and I usually log off around 11pm

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. Work permitting - 100%

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. As Jarsace I was a member of Walkers, Triality, Sequel, and Tribal Fury. I left Walkers so I could raid hard core, I left Triality and Sequel due to my work schedule being retarted, and I left Tribal Fury to pursue an opportunity in Triality again.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: Jarsace is still tagged Triality and will be there until the servers come down for good or they remove him. He is retired and will remain so. I log him in to do tradeskills and some odd farming of items that Kaeleel is to gimp to tank for now. I had hoped to continue raiding hard core with him but I work to much for that, and I felt it would be wrong to deguild Jarsace after all the hard work Triality put in to him. So he stays where I was the happiest playing him, and I start over with Kaeleel.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? Farging, Deidlit, Jumjam, Goofydoofy, Borik, and a few others I am having a hard time remembering how to spell. I have grouped with a few members and I look forward to raiding with all of you.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I have always had a great deal of respect for CN. Every player I have met from CN has always been very helpful and friendly. I would like to be part of a guild like that.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? I hope to contribute to the guilds growth in all aspects of the game, not just raiding.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? yes and yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I drive heavy duty and light duty tow trucks. I tow for LAPD and CHP. This makes for long days at times. I work 50+ hours a week. I also date Nati which is a whole other job in itself!

-Where are you from? Los Angeles CA but I hate this place and hope to move up to Santa Maria in a couple years.

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Absolutely!

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Yellow

*EDIT* updated level to 80
Last edited by Jarsace on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nati
Whee!

Re: Kaeleel Playspossum (77 Shadow Knight)

Postby Nati » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 pm

I also date Nati which is a whole other job in itself!

pffft.... meanie!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 am

My concern here would be you getting up in levels and AAs and gear and then leaving to raid full time. I remember you from TF and would have no problem seeing you in CN, but I do dislike people using guilds as a stepping stone to their next goal. This is a tight group of people in this guild and it hurts the guild when you come to it to just gear up for the next guild.

There are other guilds you can join for that. For that matter, you can group and make gear that can get you close to that point if that is what you are after.

Do you intend to stay with CN or are you looking to move to another guild when you get the chance?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 am

He was very upfront with the issues, approaching me and explaining them before he posted the app. If he ever decides to hardcore raid again its np.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:06 am

I remember Jarsace from Walkers, which was a fair while ago. I think he might even still be on Jaff's friends list, which says a lot

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:27 pm

He is a good guy, it is just a personal thing I dislike, like I mentioned. Just wondering if I should get annoyed in advance so I won't give a shit when it happens.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Goofydoofy wrote:My concern here would be you getting up in levels and AAs and gear and then leaving to raid full time. I remember you from TF and would have no problem seeing you in CN, but I do dislike people using guilds as a stepping stone to their next goal. This is a tight group of people in this guild and it hurts the guild when you come to it to just gear up for the next guild.

Very valid concerns Goofy, but I can assure you that my hardcore raiding days are over. I have to much on my plate outside of EQ. Hardcore raiding was and still is something that I really enjoy, but I just dont have the time for it anymore. If I did, I would never have retired Jarsace. As for gearing up Kaeleel and then leaving to raid hardcore with him, I have far to much respect for CN to waste the guild's time if I wasn't 100% committed to staying here.

*EDIT* Nati is a comma nazi!
*EDIT 2* and a spelling Nazi!! damn annoying girlfriends! If I didn't love her so much I would throw something goat shaped at her!

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Kaeleel wrote:*EDIT* Nati is a comma nazi!
*EDIT 2* and a spelling Nazi!! damn annoying girlfriends! If I didn't love her so much I would throw something goat shaped at her!

I see she doesn't care for apostrophe's though.. :)

I forsee EDIT 3 INCOMING!!!!
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm

I know that my opinion right now means as much as the digital paper its written on but hes a great guy who knows his toons. When ever I have ask him for help hes always been willing to lend a hand :)

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm

:shock: lies! :lol:

Sorry I have been afk for a few days, I was forced to take off for the weekend durring which I started reading a series of books that were just to hard to put down.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:19 am

Which series?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 am

/agree Jhereg - interest is perked. I like perky...ummm...nm, nothing to see here, please move along

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:26 pm

the Eragon Trilogy. It started off really slow (and by slow I mean less than snail speed) but after a few chapters it really took off. After that I could not put it down. Bought the third book today and so far it has not disappointed me.

I love to read, and I would welcome any suggestions for new material. Some of my interests so far include:

Harry Potter (only series I have read more than once. Read all 7 books 5 times so far)
Anything by R. A. Salvatore
The Heritage of Shannara (Although I havent read anything else in that series in a long time)
The whole Narnia series
and several other books which escape my tired brain.

After Eragon I plan on reading the Twilight series. I heard they are really well written.

Gimmie some more!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:25 am

Oh I have read the Eragon stuff, is not bad.

As for others in that sort of genre - the old standy by of Hobbit and lord of the rings is an obvious choice. However, if you are one of those people who struggles when reading books with difficult to pronounce names in I advise staying away from The Silmarillian.

Didn't Steven King recently bitch out the author of the twilight series?

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 am

I like Salvatore as well. Robert Jordan's Wheel of Times series would keep you occupied for awhile. I think its up to book twelve atm. If I recall, I got to four then took a break. Little slow to start, but gets good.

And Tolkien, he rules. I got the name Tauaunt from a book he wrote and I read in the 7th or 8th grade. I have yet to find that book again. It was just a compilation of a bunch of little short stories.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:33 am

Kaeleel wrote:the Eragon Trilogy. It started off really slow (and by slow I mean less than snail speed) but after a few chapters it really took off. After that I could not put it down. Bought the third book today and so far it has not disappointed me.

I love to read, and I would welcome any suggestions for new material. Some of my interests so far include:

Harry Potter (only series I have read more than once. Read all 7 books 5 times so far)
Anything by R. A. Salvatore
The Heritage of Shannara (Although I havent read anything else in that series in a long time)
The whole Narnia series
and several other books which escape my tired brain.

After Eragon I plan on reading the Twilight series. I heard they are really well written.

Gimmie some more!

I'm almost done with the sequel to Twilight, New Moon. Enjoyed them both so far although the 2nd book had quite of bit of borderline suicidal depression, but you have to expect that when it's a series about a teenaged girl, hehe.

Read both series by Jim Butcher. The Harry Dresden series is about a wizard in the modern world trying to figure out how to keep food on the table, zombies out of his house, the Council off his neck and find a girlfriend who doesn't want to shoot him or bite him. His other series is the Codex Alera in a world where most people have elemental furies that do their bidding. The humans are a relatively small nation with enemies on all sides and appear to be decended from some displaced Romans from our world. Both series have a lot of action and believable characters to connect with.

If you are into Sci-Fi then I highly recommend the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. It's become very lengthy now and has even spawned some spin off series, but the whole series has lots of deep space nuclear missile duels and future tech that makes enough sense to be believable.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:58 pm

I would not read the Wheel of Time right now, owing to lack of author the series is left in limbo - I hate it when a story is left unfinished, even one as meandering and lacking in clear direction as WoT. Tad Williams - Memory, Sorrow and Thorn - now THAT is a good series.

If you like SciFI - Iain Banks - 'nuff siad

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:30 pm

I read all kinds of different things, ironically not a whole ton of fantasy/sci-fi, although I AM in the middle of the third Eragon book atm, like you :). A few of those kinds of stories capture my attention, though I tend to give up on a series after 5 books or so, and like Jaffod, I HATE it when people never come to a conclusion. Which is probably why I lose interest around book 5 ;)

Anyway I like to read a lot of hisotorical fiction and various other bizarre nerdy-things, if you like stuff like that too I would have a few reccommendations for you!

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:34 pm

I welcome all suggestions :D Just finished book 3, now I have to wait 3 years for book 4. I hate waiting! Oh well atleast now I will focus my attentions back on EQ :lol:

Jarsace
Whee!

Re: Kaeleel Playspossum (80 Shadow Knight)

Postby Jarsace » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm

Just an update. I am now level 80 and I have MMM access. Working on that last Solteris mission still and I started Crystallos access as well.

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:49 am

a tad williams fan!!!!!!! i have found my new home. love love love him! anyway, as far as jordan's series, he passed fall before last, however! brandon sanderson is finishing the 12th. book. i love his writing as well, and was beyond thrilled he's picking up the last jordan. check out the mistborn trilogy, or his stand alone elantris. katharine kerr!!! omg...if you've not read the devery series, go buy it now! i want to think she's up to maybe 13 or 14 books? but so so good. she does a lot of reincarnation/time stuff, but, you know how most books will have all of those little stories behind stories? she actually covers them. juliet marillier! mercedes lackey/james mallory series. lol, if you can't tell, before my store closed i worked in a bookstore. sorry, didn't mean to hijack, but i couldn't resist the book talk!! backing slowly away from the keyboard now.........

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:40 am

I have some of Mercedes Lackey's work, I cannot recall which though lol

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:46 am

Hey Kaeleel,

Robert Jordan's stuff is excellent and I highly reccomend it. Two other authors I would also reccomend highly (both are prolific) are Katherine Kurtz and George R. R. Martin. Both create deep characters in landscapes where bad things can happen. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Only thing of Lackey's that I've read is her Rhapsody series, which is pretty good. The only complaint I have is she clearly ended the series after 3 books.. then ended it again after 4... now I see a 5th book out.. either end a series or don't lol

George Martin's stuff is excellent as well (Crown of Kings series is fantastic)..there's another one that I can't remember off the top of my head.. I'll post it when I think of it next time.

I'm currently reading Bernard Cornwell's books.. I finished his Alfred the Great series as well as his Archer series, and finished the first 2 of his Nathaniel Starbuck books and Richard Sharpe books. I haven't managed to get through much of his King Arthur series yet though.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks for working on those flags and grats on level 80! :D
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Ironbeans
The Musical Monk

Postby Ironbeans » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 am

OK so am not voted in yet HOWEVER on topic which has nothing to do with that....Books, of which I litterally have thousands. David Eddings : The Belgariad, a series of wonderfully written books tracking lost nobility and the favor and ire of Gods that adopted certain peoples.
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenenant, The Unbeliever, Author's name has left my memory at the moment (Monks are NOT intelligence casters ya know)

The SpellSinger series, also Author poofness

There are more of course but will add if needed, no reason to plug the virtual world with a compendium of titles.

Sci-Fi Titles for recommendation upon request.

Have a great day,

Gimp Monk

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:57 am

Belgariad is a fun thing to read - not too complicated and you get to read it all over again in the Mallorean and The RUby Knight etc etc. I Still enjoy the books

Thomas Covenant author = Stephen Donaldson - all 6 books of the trilogy are good - actually I think he is in the process of adding three more.

Spellsinger is the Aliens author Alan Dean Foster - I have them also, not read them in a while though.

The first four of the original Dune books are great - Heretics and Chapter House are weaksause imo

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 pm

I love you guys! please keep them coming =) I have read a lot of the David Eddings and some of the Thomas Covenant.

Jarsace
Whee!

Postby Jarsace » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Now that I think about it I should have started a different thread on books instead of hijacking my own app thread :p

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:13 am

keeps the thread at the top - seems like a smart move to me Jars