Cleric, 77.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Oct
Whee!

Cleric, 77.

Postby Oct » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Octaevius
-Class: Cleric
-Race: Gnome...
-Level: 77
-Number of AAs: 324 spent.
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1386369
-List which keys and flags you have: Nothing that is relevant after that level-access patch. No MMM. No crystallos.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Agents Zaflor, 68 rogue and Dummkopf, 55 ranger. If you call those alts.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

I'm an RPG guy for life. There isn't much I don't enjoy about this game. I don't follow a strict regimen in terms of what I do.. group raid or simply exploring bum corners of the game that a '99 veteran would know backward. I guess I like it all because of the social aspect and strong teamwork emphasis. There's no feeling like overclocking your brain to devise a strategy or perform a snap reflex to accomplish something. Just gimme some reason to press the heal button.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

I intend to have my 2.0 eventually... but I've been saying for two years and I'm on the first drop :D. So I've dropped that off the priority board. I really have no goals other than to play and test my cleric capabilities. Oct was born in the morn of '04, so the AA count should reflect that ;)

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

GMT -6 / Central Standard Time (United States).
I play at quite random hours, but that is because I have little else to do at the moment. Usually after-business-hours to the odd hours of the morning. Because that's when I'm awake as of late.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

That is hard to say. As mentioned, I'm on at odd times, but per Tenet's dkp database: "Lifetime (12/12/07 - 05/28/08): 63% of raids" . It was a solid 3/4 at my peak. I should be able to make about the same attendance until the Fall semester kicks in around September; then it's anyone's guess.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

1. Jade Morrowing Stryfes. A very casual nonraid guild; they disbanded.
2. I forgot the name of number 2, but it was the same class of guild, and I switched because a RL friend decided to go to:
3. Elite Chosen. My first real home within eq. Great family guild, but they disbanded. Thus I found myself in...
4. Tenet. Reason for "leaving"? Alas, it has taken several years, but they have disbanded for all intensive purposes and I can count the active members on a few fingers.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

I haven't actually dropped the Tenet tag yet.. for those who're into the franchise and will get this reference, it is hanging over my head as the Buster Sword stands over Midgar, impaling the cliff soil as a monument of honor to that which has passed.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

Whomever was in Tenet. Dartamus Iyeni Ricola Jahid Belini Winona Ahlong Dbilu Edomac to name a few.
I was able to guest in on that endless living legacy raid.. the one with the big Bazu model and 2 hours of autoattack. I have caught the CN tag over various group members' heads and have never had any trouble getting along with these people.
I guested into a west AG faction-quest raid the other day led by Jhereg.
That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

Yes. On disbanding, Tenet split on several different vectors, landing in handfuls in various places. CN seems to house the most former members from what I have seen. I have heard nothing but good about Navigators and its people. The guild's visage as presented by the rules/policies also mirrors the style of guild I'm seeking.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

Nothing. My goal is to get in and have anytime access to the camaraderie that was in Tenet. I am not the type to hop guilds. I prick my thumb and sign this app with a thumbprint. If by some apocalypse CN becomes 12 people, sucks for me. Just looking for a Hall to enter and rest when exhausted. The groups, raids, etc are a nice bonus but I seek less tangible forms of satisfaction.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Aye/Aye.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?

Student of Computer Science. (I ~= geek). Give me any piece of electronic technology and I'll tear it apart literally and figuratively. I do some hobbyist photography/photoshop work, dabble in audio recording and production on the hobbyist level, and fix all my stupid friends' computer problems. Saves them $50 or 100+ on going to freaking Best Buy. Anything that could be tagged with "computer" "hardware" "software" "audio" "video" or "media" will draw me in like a black hole with little exaggeration. When it comes to computers and media technology, if there is a way to do it, I will find it.

-Where are you from?

Greater Nashville area, TN, USA. Born Kansas, but that means nothing to me. Williamson and Davidson counties (TN) are my stomping grounds, but I come from and return to the open road.. more figuratively than literally.

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?

I would absolutely consider it. However, chances are that finances, time or other commitments would preclude attendance.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)

I drink youur milkshake.
Octaevius - Cleric
Zaflor - Rogue
Dummkopf - Dumm

JahidtheMonk
Whee!

Re: Cleric, 77.

Postby JahidtheMonk » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:35 am

Oct is one of the most stand up people that I have had the pleasure of knowing. I have been trying to convince him to app for a long time, and I'm glad to see he has done so. In addition to being in Tenet for as long as I can remember Oct is also in my fellowship which gives me the ability of knowing him as much as you would want to know a Gnome, and I have never had a single issue with him. As a bonus, on the LL 4 raid that we recently finished, Oct was on that raid, and took 9 deaths (I lost count if there were more) to help us win without a single complaint. I'd say we would be foolish not to tag him.

-Jahid

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:04 am

hiya oct, good to see you app..

wondering if your ranger actually is a dummkopf? ; P
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Oct
Whee!

Postby Oct » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 am

He would be over 55 otherwise.
I forwent spelling out Journeyman Fletcher Dummkopf Keinesuppefuerdich of Maelin Starpyre.
Octaevius - Cleric
Zaflor - Rogue
Dummkopf - Dumm

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:28 am

Nice grouping with ya last night in AG,, Did a great job healing.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 am

LOL !!
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

iyeni
Whee!

Postby iyeni » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 pm

i have known Oct for a number of years and he never ceases to amaze and amuse me. the healing part of this game he takes seriously and never falters, the other stuff he does in EQ, i haven't a clue. all that i know, hes good at it, heck, he's a gnome, they like to make things.
iyeni

Dbilu
Whee!

Postby Dbilu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:21 pm

:D Octaevius is one fine healer . He is always there to go the extra mile to help a guilde.
Db

Ricola
Whee!

Postby Ricola » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:07 am

Oct is the man

He is very knowledgable about the mechanics of the game and knows his class like Flurg Knows Death and Destruction.