80 Monk App...

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Pugsman
Whee!

80 Monk App...

Postby Pugsman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:43 pm

<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Pugsman
-Class: Monk
-Race: Human
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 669
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1380038
-List which keys and flags you have:Above what my level gets I am flagged for Solteris and MMM / Crystallos regular zone access.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):Bamaden, 73 shammy

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) I like playing my class, I like being a puller in groups and raids. It makes me feel good when I do a great job pulling and no deaths occur as a result of my pulling.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) Well my short term goal are to get back in to a raiding type guild and to keep AA'ing. I have a short term goal of 1000 AA's to reach ASAP and hopefully me apping here will take care of my raid goal. Longterm of course is to progress my toon as far as I can with gear and AA's.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? I normally play 5-7 days a week when in a guild setting from about 6:30 pm till bout 11 or 12. Not having a guild I havent been on as much but looking to change that. I am in EST...

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
75-90% or more...

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I have been in 2 guilds. Assurge which I disbanded when hacker rumors started about others in guild, they disbanded about 2 weeks later and FA which I left due to lack of forces on raids and poor guild leadership.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Besides your recent ex-FA additions I know Bardmuzic. Cant think of anymore of the top of my head.

Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? No

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I chose to apply here becuase this guild appears to suit my needs and wants in game and has a good reputation.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? My goals for applying are too help myself and the guild progress to a higher level thru raiding that we all strive to reach. I also hope to get groups with guildies of course. Its hard to get groups regular with out a good guild.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I am a Warehouse Leadman/Manager of a small material handling company.

-Where are you from? I live in Tampa, FL

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Yes when possible.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Black

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Re: 80 Monk App...

Postby tauaunt » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:56 pm

hey pugs,, nice to see ya bud. I look forward to raiding with you again, But come on man, the poor leadership in fa was not needed. FA was and will always be a good guild. No need for a cheap shot.
I know you and glad to see you app. I will see ya in game.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Pugsman
Whee!

Postby Pugsman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Wasn't meant to be a cheap shot was just a opinion that I had. I apologize to anyone that might be offended by that remark. FA was a great place to be and I miss the good times and friends I made while I was there and wish it coulda kept going...

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:24 am

Pugsman wrote:Wasn't meant to be a cheap shot was just a opinion that I had. I apologize to anyone that might be offended by that remark. FA was a great place to be and I miss the good times and friends I made while I was there and wish it coulda kept going...

I thought the same thing as Tauaunt when I read your post. In fact, I liked everything I read up until that point but, upon reading that remark, the sweet thumbs-up I was flashing (and it was a good one, Fonzie would approve) immediately turned upside-down.

Here's an idea! How about editing that nonsense out of your application?

darkdoc
Whee!

Postby darkdoc » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Pugs,
Glad to see your app here. I was in Assurge with Pugs when the Hacker accusations began. In fact, I was co-leader of Assurge. A lot of drama and rumors flying at the time that Pugsman left, stuff that does not need to be re-hashed or recreated here in his app section. Pugs was then and is now still a stand-up guy. I'm happy to see him app with our guild. He will be an awesome addition to our already awesome group of Monks.

DD

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:18 am

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I have been in 2 guilds. Assurge which I disbanded when hacker rumors started about others in guild, they disbanded about 2 weeks later and FA which I left due to lack of forces on raids and poor guild leadership.

Any guild that is no more can be blamed easily on the guild leadership... It takes so much to run a guild. I've been a guild officer and a co-leader. No matter what is done, a guild can still just fall apart. Whether it be due to a rumor (which I am familiar with the rumor stated), one member ruining the rep of a guild by poor playmenship or key membership moving on to different or faster pace content.
Been there... Done that.

Pugsman
Whee!

Postby Pugsman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:55 pm

After consideration of the comments left about my app I have decided to withdraw my application. Sorry I stated my beliefs in my app. I guess I could have of just stated I left due to no more raiding but anyone who knows me would know that I am a truthful person and I felt it wasnt a bad thing what I said. I still agree with what I said and stand by it and if the people in this guild can not see it then I dont need to be part of this guild...

But one thing I can say is this guild is losing a really damn good monk. I know how to play my toon very well and I would have been a great asset to this guild.

Pugsman
Whee!

Postby Pugsman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:05 pm

I thought the same thing as Tauaunt when I read your post. In fact, I liked everything I read up until that point but, upon reading that remark, the sweet thumbs-up I was flashing (and it was a good one, Fonzie would approve) immediately turned upside-down.

Here's an idea! How about editing that nonsense out of your application?[/quote]

And as far as me editing that out of my post there is no need to because I stand by what I put and im not going to change my stance on it just to be part of this guild... What type of a person would I be if I did???

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Done. Good luck in your future travels regardless!

allanim
Whee!

Postby allanim » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:32 am

Hi Being a good friend and actually family member of Pugsman. id just like to say how foolish you are to post irrelevant BS such as what was posted when he apped. Its my opinion that when you app to a guild you come with your A game which he does every day. and you also speak the truth and try and answer every field of an Application fully and completely. Which he did. you may not have liked his opinion but they were his opinions and atleast he was honorable enough to say what he really thought? I play with Pugsman on a regular basis and there honestly isnt another monk that i would want in my fellowship pulling for our group. Hopefully an officer will see what a select few members of your guild just did to ONE app and take the necessary steps to not let it happen again. Im sure there has been 10 times worse things posted on other applications. I just think a few of you are a bit to sour about it because you were a member of FA as well. get over it FA is dead and your now in Celestial Navigators you were able to move on and app here without being called out like that. Why was he not given the same respect? hopefully this didnt offend anyone i dont think it could be put out there anymore resepctful and clear

Allanim Highlife
< Triality>

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 am

As a former officer of FA I would like to say that Pugs is a capable monk that I've raided and grouped with many times. He was never a source of drama that I can recall and never disrupted the message boards.

He is also entitled to his opinion. Were there things we could have done differently in FA? Probably. Were there things we wanted to do but could not due to declining attendence among other things? Absolutely. I can say that the active former leaders of FA, of which several are now represented on these boards, we tried everything we could think of, spent many hours recruiting or debating courses of action and wracked our brains to find feasible worthwhile targets for the numbers who showed up when it was time to start the raid. Poor leadership? Well, if we failed, it was not due to lack of effort.

Anyway, I know I'm still just an app, but I wanted to make sure one comment isn't held against him.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:21 am

as a member of CN, Pugs app was just that.. and app that we were to group with and get to know better and ask him personally how he felt.. yes, it shouldnt have been so negative on this board and should have been posted under his app for the guild to judge... but, i also understand where many that came from FA would feel hurt and betrayed by a single comment on their former guild by someone they called a guildie once before... like others have posted, when a guild is failing, the leadership always takes the hit... doesn't mean they were at fault, just means many are disappointed in the direction...

Good Luck in your travels Pugs

HUGS!
Sno

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:33 am

Overall, I found Pugs app great and I had looked forward to getting to know him. Just the "poor leadership" was overall harsh for a guild that had been around for a long time.

~Leaving a guild you have been a part of and felt like part of a family, is never easy. It is so hard to say good bye and move on. It's an emotional time, emotions are running high. Been there too many times. Simple things being said can be so easily taking to an extreme. I've been down that road. Your in my thoughts Pugs.~

Yes, apps should always answer honestly. But apps should also be prepared for others to respond honestly as well.

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm

Pugs, I talked to you after posting what I did. You are and will be a friend after this. If you choose to withdraw you app. that is your choice. I said in my original post and will say it again, you would be a great addition here. If we are going to be all out honest, I thought that was low what you said. I understand why you said it, but was not needed. Thats all I meant. The leadership was MAYBE half the reason FA died, but lets throw the blame to the other members that wouldn't log in for raids.

The knife in guilds goes both ways. I have been on both sides. Leadership can only do so much. Up to the guild to help as well. AND YOU where one that did. And I Thank you.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!