80 Paladin - Emarinn

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Emarinn
Whee!

80 Paladin - Emarinn

Postby Emarinn » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Emarinn
-Class: Paladin
-Race: Half Elf
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 222
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1356282
-List which keys and flags you have: I have the flags for all that Sony has opened up recently, but nothing beyond that. I understand that currently ya'll are working on FC factioning for raiding, so that is something that I will begin to work on.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): I have a shaman that I mainly use for alchemy combines, keep myself stocked in certain potions and such, her name is Lahnanie, level 50. I also have an enchanter I use to enchant gold and such, her name is Qaplah and she's level 25.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) I do enjoy raiding, and I like finding a good group that can work well together. I'm a bit of a tradeskill junkie, and really am enjoying working on my trophies. I'd like to become a master of all tradeskills available to me...someday :)

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) Emarinn is the proud owner of her 2.0, but I'd like to see her with 2.5. Emarinn still needs a decent amount of work on her AAs, defensives and such. I'd love to see her in the neighborhood of 700ish AAs sometime, the more the better!

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Play time is flexible. I am a lucky girl in that my RL husband plays. He's a lvl 80 ranger named Maluvian, who is also going to be app'ing. We usually play a few hours in the evening, after work and dinner. We are located in the CST, Alabama to be specific. ROLL TIDE !

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. More than likely, at least 2 nights a week, some weeks will be 3 nights, and there will be week where we're not able to raid. So, probably at least a 60-70% raid average.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. I have only been in two guilds. The first guild, Nairalaita, was a strictly family guild, with some grouping. Never had many people on. I left that guild when I reached level 69, so that I could app to Wraiths of Discord, as that is the guild my RL husband was in. I
have been with WoD since July of last year, became their pally class leader when Tauaunt left for FA. I also was their app officer for a time, and helped with other facets, running off night functions and such.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: I am still tagged to WoD, and will be notifying another officer (only one other officer - a guild leader, is currently logging in, and randomly at that. My husband and I have been one of the few officers on at all since the guild stopped raiding). I stay in WoD for chit chat, GH / portal usage etc, until I find another home. WoD was very good to me, and I loved the guild and the people in it. It's hard making the decision to apply somewhere else, but I want to have a home in Norrath that is full of helpful people, that accomplishes goals and works together.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? I know several CN members...Sevex, Dcindria, Caminrya, and a few newer members (Nenrea), and I know a few of the people currently applying to CN.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I've never heard a bad thing about CN. I've known people who say it is the most relaxed guild they've ever been in, and love it. I like that CN works together to accomplish goals, and has a family, no pressure atmosphere. I want to get things done in game - raid, group, progress, but I don't want to be forced into servitude either!! :)

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? I hope to find an active family to group with, chat with, and accomplish things in game with. It's very important that I find a home that is welcoming and not full of drama. There is a REAL person behind the character, and I want to be somewhere that those people are respected. I've heard that that place is CN.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I'm an office administrator for a heavy lift company

-Where are you from? Everywhere - Tennessee, California, currently live in Alabama - ROLL TIDE

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Only if I can bring my husband and kid! We have a little girl, who is 22 months.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Greene
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Nenrea
Whee!

Re: 80 Paladin - Emarinn

Postby Nenrea » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:13 pm

:D :D :D :D

garsh, I'm so happy to see you and Mal I could cry!!!

Thought for the day.... God may have created man first, but even he realizes that practice makes perfect! "

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Both Maluvian and I will be out of town pretty much the rest of this week. We're heading to Atlanta for his sister's wedding, so it should be a fun time. We'll be leaving on Thursday, and should be back on Sunday sometime. More than likely, we won't be back online other to say "hello!" until Monday. Well, Maluvian lives AFK in the Guild Hall, but we won't be at the computers!!

Looking forward to coming back next week to raid with ya'll some more! :D
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:30 pm

Thanks for the heads up and thanks for doing a fantastic job on raids tonight! You rocked, you saved the group more than once!!!

Nenrea
Whee!

Postby Nenrea » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 am

OH NO'S!! It's friday the 13th, my boss took the day off of work.. what will I do w/out my lil pally to email back and forth with all day!

LOL, have fun guys! Give baby girl a hugz from me

Thought for the day.... God may have created man first, but even he realizes that practice makes perfect! "

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 am

Cya ya guys when you get back!
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:19 pm

We made it back in one piece! We didn't get to see as much of Atlanta as we'd hoped, but we still had a wonderful time. We got to eat at two restaurants we've been missing since we moved from California to Alabama last year, so that was a lovely treat!! LOL.

We had a good time, but are very glad to be back home. We should be around online sometime Sunday night, maybe Monday. Our daughter is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow (nice welcome home, huh?), but we've been told she'll be herself by the afternoon, so we'll see.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and Happy Father's Day to all the Daddies out there!! :D

Maluvian
Whee!

Postby Maluvian » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:20 pm

looks like my wife is showing me up.... and beating me to the punch after the trip... :P

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey all - sorry Mal and I haven't been online the last few days. Real life just got busy lol. We should be around sometime tonight, and hopefully be around for raid tomorrow night. I've really enjoyed raiding and grouping with everyone so far, and so has Mal! :D See ya'll around this weekend!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 am

Hey everyone! Sorry Mal and I haven't been around the last couple of days. We're still here though! Real life has been keeping us busy atm dealing with some family stuff. We'll hopefully be around for raid tonight (we really wanted to be there last night, but had family over). I heard ya'll kicked some major butt in AG Saturday - that's awesome! Just have to work on some more of that pesky faction and hopefully soon enough, we'll be there with ya'll! :D /hugs to all and hopefully we will see you tonight!!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:11 pm

I like to post on my own app :D

Just wanted to let ya'll know that we might not be around much the next few days. My dad is going to be in town tomorrow night, and it's the first time I've seen him in about...14 years, so I'm really excited for him to meet Mal and out daughter. On Saturday, we will be visiting my in-laws for the evening. My mother-in-law (Mal's step mom) is recovering from surgery - she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and has had 2 surgeries now to remove the masses and a lymph node. She will be starting chemo in the next few weeks, so we want to go and spend some time with them.

So if anyone wonders where the heck we've disappeared to the next few days, ya'll know. Everyone take care, and we'll see you soon! /hugs

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Have a very good weekend and stuff!

(I don't really have anything to add, I just didn't want to see four posts from Emarinn in a row. /giggle)

Selronis
Whee!

Postby Selronis » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

Ema and Mal are good peeps, their cleric is a dirty loot whore though....be careful

Much <3 and GL in CN ~ I miss my Alabama peeps

Selronis

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:14 pm

You need to hurry up and get back to Norrath, Sel! Mal and I miss you bunches man. The fellowship just isn't the same without you.

Speaking of Alabama peeps, Nen might be coming up here one Sunday or something, BBQ some hotdogs etc, and just hang out - you need to come on over too and hang out. Not sure when, but we're hoping next month or in August sometime.

Anyway, hurry the heck up and get back to EQ! :D

Selronis
Whee!

Postby Selronis » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:20 pm

I'll get back once I'm done studying for these certs, at least I got most of my work trips out of the way so that's a good thing(Just one or two more back to Salt Lake City). CCNA/CCDA certs kinda got put on hold due to funding so I am gonna do Net+ and CEH on my own. It will be a month or two depending on how things are goin, Summer's are just so busy now that I have two young-uns, I know you understand. How's baby Emma doin? Mal get his A+ yet?

The bbq sounds fun, let me know when.

Sel

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm

We had a few...bumps recently and he hasn't gotten his A+ yet. Ema's doing okay though. Had some issues with her and some ear infections, but she's doing better now. She had tubes put in her ears a few weeks ago, and has been doing really well since then. Now it's just getting her through allergy season with her asthma and stuff.

We'll be here in the land of Norrath when you get back. Hope all goes well with your tests, and we'll definitely let you know when we decide to do the BBQ thing. Gotta keep us Bama folks united!! :) /hugs

Nenrea
Whee!

Postby Nenrea » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:47 am

Nenrea will definately be there, with bells on! As soon as she is given a date