Moro - Level 80 Druid

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Moro
Whee!

Moro - Level 80 Druid

Postby Moro » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:18 am

Application for Membership

Your Main Character

-Name: Moro
-Class: Druid
-Race: Halfling
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 760
-Magelo Number (if you have one):1390765
-List which keys and flags you have: None that aren’t already open with level, but I am max ally to both Wraithguard factions
-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): None

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

I definitely enjoy all of the aforementioned aspects of EQ. The two aspects of EQ that are most enticing are seeing new content and tackling challenging tasks, whether solo, in a group, or in a raid.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Short-term goals include finishing off the major AA’s and hitting 80 (both should happen shortly). Long-term goals include hitting 300 in all trade skills, completing my epic, getting caught up on a few augs (Skeletal Hand, SoF Face Aug), and of course, developing friendships with other EQ players.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I frequently travel for work 3 to 4 days during the weekdays and on those days I am generally online only to burn LOTD unfortunately. If it’s a 3 day travel week, I will play a few hours at night on the 4th free day (Mon or Thurs). I play a significant amount on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My time zone is EST.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

Of those three days, unfortunately I would generally only be able to attend the Saturday raid regularly. On rare occurrences, I may be able to attend the other two nights – work permitting.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

I’ve been a member of 2 other guilds, Hope’s Beginning and Promethian Order, back in 2000-2002. Hope’s was absorbed by Promethian Order and I stayed there until I left the game in 2002 due to a real life situation/obligation.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

I am not in another guild.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

I know Daddor from back in the Promethian Order days; I don’t believe I have raided or grouped with any of the rest of you – I reactivated a month or two ago and have been busy leveling up to meet requirements.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

For the last month or two, as I was leveling up, I looked for the right guild for me to join. The choice came down to CN and Tenet as the top two guilds I would like to join given the great things I had heard, their guild charters, and so on. It seemed like their philosophies and play styles were very similar.

I did apply to Tenet yesterday as their raid times match my play time slightly better, but it seems like it was an inopportune moment, as they folded an hr or two later. I’ve heard equally great things about CN and would love to show how much value I can add, even if it is primarily on the weekend.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I would hope to make some friends and see some raid content post-Ssra Temple (I left in Luclin).

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yes.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?

I’m a strategy consultant.

-Where are you from?

Currently based out of Atlanta, but originally from California

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?

I would consider it, yes.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)

Bleu :lol:

*Updated to reflect my current level and AA's (2 levels and ~80 AA's since I applied). I've met a ton of great people and am currently warmly to West AG, Amiable to East AG. I may be unable to really group/raid till Thursday night depending on work load and hotel internet connection (in Miami 6/10-6/11 and NYC 6/12), but looking forward to grouping/raiding more soon!
Last edited by Moro on Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erwin
Whee!

Re: Moro - Level 78 Druid

Postby Erwin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 am

The fact that you were in Promethian Order earns you some respect right off the bat. That, plus you're a halfling druid (like myself)? Um, wanna be friends? I was thinking when all this gets sorted out, maybe you and me should get an apartment together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsrtturiWrc

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:14 am

Promethian Order... Wow. A name I have not heard in a long time. That's some serious old school Vazaelle.

Nice to see your app, Moro. As far as halfings go, the more the merrier. You'll find us lings have found a quite content living here among the other classes in CN.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:40 am

Indeed - old school Vazaelle.

I feel a need to look up the VCC now just to get me a taste of nostalgia.

Moro
Whee!

Postby Moro » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Haha, thanks for the warm welcome - both on the boards (halflings unite!) and within 30 sec. of logging on, Silly messaging me. :) Couldn't raid tonight, but I'm flying home tomorrow night so hopefully I can join you all for the raid if I get back on time.