80SK

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Marcis Blackhaven
Whee!

80SK

Postby Marcis Blackhaven » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:18 pm

-Name: Marcis Black`Haven
-Class: ShadowKnight
-Race: Human
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 620
-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1345411
-List which keys and flags you have: MMM, Crystallos (anguish, tob and demi but they don't count anymore)

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Lilchanter 50enc

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
tradeskilling and just hanging out, exploring new zones and killing new stuff
-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
wanna get my toon 20Khp 4Kac unbuffed (currently 19.5/3600) and several hundred more aas, would like to get Solteris flagged and FC/AG
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
6-11pm weekdays and varies on weekends, central
-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
2-3 raids weekly
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Unbroken Bonds-guild folded, Wraiths of Discord-better progress, Fantasy Awakened - still in
-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
the guild is folding but I am SK class leader so seeing what happens

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Cynebadd and Cyneless, Oakley and Nelson and no grps/raids yet
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
looking for a guild that is a "laid back" raid guild
-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
relaxed guild where I can group with ppl and have fun
-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
you betcha

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
pharmacy tech and also in Army reserves
-Where are you from?
West Memphis, Arkansas
-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
not sure
-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
black you hosers
:twisted:
The gene pool could use more chlorine.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Re: 80SK

Postby Jaffod » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:50 pm

couple of things

1) FA is folding? :(

2) errr I know I am a n00b and have 'issues' but did you just apply with two toons?

Marcis Blackhaven
Whee!

Postby Marcis Blackhaven » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:02 pm

1) no to the 2 accounts thing...Jenia is a completely different person/toon/acct, she's just having computer problems so I was helping her setup the acct and that somehow screwed things up, neither of us could figure out how to redo her app under her profile so sorry for the oopski
2) I'm not the GL for FA so I can't guarantee it's folding...but I'll put it like this, imho if FA was a horse, it woulda been shot a while back :(

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:54 am

I had assumed something along those lines, unless you had some really well developed schizophrenia concerns.

I am sorry to hear about FA, loss of old school Vaz stuff is always a sad event to me.

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:03 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:15 am

Tau !!! = )
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Swami Sannyasin
Whee!

Postby Swami Sannyasin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:20 am

I appologize for infiltrating your boards, but I have a few comments to make about Marcis. The first is that he is a truly amazing and generally quite loyal, but more on that in a second, SK. He was our class leader and a fine one at that. Add to that a general desire to assist guildies and ability to make that tasty cultural we have all come to know and love, I'm sure he'll be a no brainer choice for all of you to make.

Regarding his comments about FA folding, however, as of the time of my posting and his, FA has not folded. His comments, in fact, have resulted in some disputes within FA and we are not too pleased about them, but that is all water under the bridge. I would be a liar if I were to say that FA is not experiencing technical difficulties right now, which unfortunately is the sorry reality almost every mid-tier raider is being faced with on account of (or at least I personally believe on account of) Sony's choices in the latest expansion, but nevertheless we are still kicking, and it pains all of FA to hear that our esteemed member equates FA to a dying horse, which should be shot.

We're in a rough place, but the fight is still in us, at least for a little while longer. As for Marcis, as I have said, excepting this one, and only one, circumstance, he has been a wonderful player and friend during my time personally in FA, and I am confident almost any other person who has come to know him would vouch for his character and abilities similarly.

Swami Sannyasin,
80 Monk Class Leader of Fantasy Awakened

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:53 am

No problem Swami. I realise everyone has a different viewpoint on events and how critical things are. It's always based on personal experience and outlooks that vary widely.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:37 am

Nice post Swami, I really hope FA pulls through

Marcis Blackhaven
Whee!

Postby Marcis Blackhaven » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:03 pm

First off I acted WAY out of line...I thought I made it clear that the perception was exactly that...my personal observation. I am very frustrated with how things went with FA and projected that in my app. Secondly, I was wrong in that I should NOT have app'd to CN until I deguilded from FA. I can make excuses but the reality is I have no good excuse for not following the rules, my mistake and I will have to deal with it and any crap that came of my comments. FA is experiencing problems, however I shouldn't project my opinion and "guild business". FA could recover, and I was way out of line in comparing FA to a dying horse. I sincerely hope FA does manage to recover and wish everyone in FA the best of luck and offer my sincerest apologies for any heartache I may have caused or started. I have deguilded from FA and hope that helps the situation some. I make no excuses for my actions... if this incident results in the removal of my app to CN, it's understandable under the circumstances. :(

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks for clearing things up Marcis.

Marcis Blackhaven
Whee!

Postby Marcis Blackhaven » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:04 pm

well, i really do hope it cleared a lil up

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 am

Marcis is a good person and a skilled player (as is Jenia), I think he was just venting frustrations that all the leadership is feeling during this run of low attendance for us.

Sharrien Dreamstalker, Fantasy Awakened Officer
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:25 am

Marcis, i have a alt guild if you need in for teleport issues, its small quiet and you wont get buged during your app to CN. Guild name is Sock Puppets. Let me know if you want a invite and ill hook you up.
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:59 am

Hello Sharrien. Been a long time. Glad to see you are still around.

Bobbert

Marcis Blackhaven
Whee!

Postby Marcis Blackhaven » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:27 am

just a lil fyi...I realize I haven't been around as much as a good lil app should be, but I do have a very good excuse. I'm in the medical field as some of ya'll already know, I am also in the Army Reserves. Since the 25th of last month, I've been going to Army medical training 7 days a week, 7am-5/6pm ish. My classes will be over the 17th (this tuesday) so I should be more visable starting then. Just so ya'll don't think I'm a slacker or w/e.
And Happy Father's Day to all the dads

Praco
Whee!

Postby Praco » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:36 am

He didn't say it was folding, he just said that, if it were a horse HE would shoot it?
Anyway I just get on to see who is mezzing around