80 Rogue - Azua

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Azua
Whee!

80 Rogue - Azua

Postby Azua » Mon May 26, 2008 10:45 am

Just a brief Introduction, Hello everyone I am Nick. I work full time and enjoy what I do, I am a Sales Manager for AutoZone. In my free time I’m either playing EQ or when its not freezing cold here in Minnesota im out fishing. I really appreciate your time for stopping in and checking my application out.

Nick

Name: Azua
Class: Rogue
Level and AA: Lvl 80 AA 553 ( A bit low I know, but a good player)

AAs: Well SoS =D Seized Opportunity, Escape, and all the others related to ATK and increasing RAW DPS.

What times of the day do I play, and how many days are you on of the week? I play almost every night I don’t have any other thing to do in the evening and this is what I enjoy. On days off I am on almost the whole day unless i got something to get done. My regular play sched is 7 to about 1 AM - depending on my work sched. Some times I close witch is at 6:30 CST But its a 50/50 where im done before 3 PM and I opened that day.

Why do I want to join ? I want to be apart of a crew that is as committed as I, a crew that wants to maximize their experience within the game we all enjoy. I want a new learning curve and I want to see the best SOE has to throw at us. A team is a good thing to be apart of.

What would I like to get out of being in CN? I want to gain knowledge in everything I don’t know. I want to better myself as a player through the fun and loss in the raiding we would do. But most of all to gain friends that say Howdy when you log in, and then yell at you for F***ing up last night LOL :D

How do I feel that you can contribute to CN? I feel that I could be an asset to CN because I am a person who "In my own words" Keeps his mouth shut and ears open when he doesn’t know wtf he is talking about. I consider myself really mild and well mannered, I am an experienced rogue and have never had any other main to raid on - A rogue is where I belong.

What other guilds have I been in? Well first raid experience was back on Luclin with Five Rings under Niflheim, gain much knowledge and did well there. Then Applied to Only The Brave witch on luclin was a more laid back environment and only raided 3 times a week. The reason I moved to a laid back guild was because at the time I was in college. Then after I was finished with school, I moved to Maeline and was looking for a guild, Then really bounced a bit and Ertz found me, after applying to Umbrae and being accepted and it really went well gained many many friends and the guild was booming, a heck of a time. Now we have lost ertz it seems and friends are moving on, members aren’t logging in. I apped to AD a few months back and it didnt work. So I am coming to you in search of a new family to become apart of.

Has my character ever gone under another name, or have you had other characters in high end raiding guilds and what were their names?

None

Have I even been banned from eq?

No

What previous raiding experience do I have? Which zones are you flagged/keyed for?

Flagged ToB - Demi - Solt - Cryst - MMM - and need to do a nice grind to finish AG/FC factions.

My fav. raid encounters? I would have to say that because of when I really picked up on raids it was anguish, so jelvan, when we first started it was just the event that made everyone focus balancing the mobs and moving around and watching everything. It at that time always made for a good night =D

Greatest strength of my character or the aspect I like the most? My greatest strength is that I am a good rogue, I parse well for what I have and I know how to use it. My favorite aspect is SOS, I can go just about anywhere without having to Con every mob ahead of me.

What is my character's greatest weakness specifically and what would solve the problem? My characters weakness is his lack in defensive AA's, to solve it I would focus more into that, but I consider raising my over all DPS and atk ratings more important as I stand behind the mob more then in front. Death is apart of everyday in the game.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1261728

Ommina
Whee!

Re: 80 Rogue - Azua

Postby Ommina » Mon May 26, 2008 11:21 am

Hiya Azua!

If we ever go to free-form applications, your's certainly wins! However, just the same, you may wish to check the sticky at the top (specifically this one), which makes a few points and asks a few other questions that you didn't otherwise cover.

The tone of some of your app suggests you might be looking for a higher-end guild than ourselves, or perhaps one dedicated to full time raiding. (We raid but three times a week.) Just want to ensure that you know what you're getting. And that we know, too.

Thanks!

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Mon May 26, 2008 11:28 am

Hey Az long time no see.. look forward to running around with you again in game.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 am

Nice to see your app, and looks like you put a lot of thought into it. I do want to address one thing:

a more laid back environment and only raided 3 times a week.
CN also fits this category. We do only 3 dkp raids per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday). On most Sundays and Fridays we have other small raids (Sundays its everything from Anguish for orbs, to smaller tss raids, to DoN progression to Gates for BiC) and Fridays (not this one though) Finamdar leads Crystallos raids. None of our raids are mandatory and we have no required attendance for any of it. However, if you're online during a dkp raid night we strongly encourage you to attend. As far as Friday and Sunday raids, those are a lot more relaxed and often times there are many other Exp groups out there while others are raiding as well.

So, while roughly 5 days a week there are options to raid, only 3 of it is our official dkp raids. Wanted you to know because if you're looking for a more hardcore progression guild, CN may not be the right place for you. We're about the same point UP is at the moment (we've killed Vergalid and Mayong both a couple times) but if their numbers stay strong I wouldn't be surprised to see them surpass us in the future just due to the fact that they DO raid more often than we do.

Now don't get me wrong, for 3 days a week, we do progress nicely and CN has been around 7.5 years, we'll continue to go our slightly slow yet strong and steady pace; but it isn't the best guild for everyone, and just wanted you to know in case you're looking for something more hardcore :)

Silly

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue May 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Ommina wrote:If we ever go to free-form applications, your's certainly wins!

Well, he didn't exactly free-form that application, hehe. It's a copy/paste job from his application to Appotus Dominus (it's their application he filled out, and just changed all the "AD" 's to "CN" 's and did some other minor editing). :wink:
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue May 27, 2008 5:01 pm

that is kind of weaksauce :(

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 pm

I guess you can take this app down. hes reapped to AD.. http://www.appotusdominus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6703
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu May 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Wonder if Tribal Fury knows!

Azua
Whee!

Postby Azua » Thu May 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Yes I wasnt sure where I wanted to be and bardmuzic told me to toss in an APP, so I did but shortly there after I knew where I wanted to be again. Sorry everyone. Thanks tho, I am re apping to AD and can take down my application. Take care fellas!