Zhak 80 monk app

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Zhak
Whee!

Zhak 80 monk app

Postby Zhak » Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 pm

<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Zhak
-Class: Monk
-Race: Human
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 250
-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1394442 <-- i dont have all my augs and such on here, i got sick of searching and such. If you need me to finish this i can, just never cared to have one before.
-List which keys and flags you have: I work to have every key i can. I have every key in the game up to luclin, cept i need an emp kill for my VT key. I have some PoP events, but not many. I am also CoA flagged and Demi flagged.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): None

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
I enjoy exploring the most in EQ. I really think that covers about everything in the game. Lots of times exploring takes a raid or a group, sometimes solo and almost always a quest. I hope to join up and be part of the raiding team as often as able.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I would like to get access to every zone, and now that most are opened i would still like to get the keys for them. I have been working in my free time tward that goal. I think that is about as long a goal as i have. In the short term i want to keep getting AA's and improve my items a bit.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I am in Central time zone and usualy play after work and on the weekends. I dont have a real set schedule but that fits most weeks.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
As stated above, i dont have a real set schedule that i follow. I am a young professional that is about to get merried so stuff comes up all the time. I hope to come to at least two raids a week. There may be times i cant make them, then others i am on every night.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I was a member of Shadow Congress on the Druzzil Ro server. I had a dissagreement with some of the officers and decided to part ways. If you need more information feel free to send me a tell.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: I am not currently a member of a guild.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I have talked to Silly in game a bit about the guild. I have not had a chance to interact with many, as i just moved to the server. I hope i will get a chance to train a few groups and kill some rangers before the week is out.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I am looking for a group of friends that i can progress and enjoy my time in game with. It sounds like you guys have a good mix of players and styles that will allow that.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
I hope to find a place to once again call home. I was really upset when i left my last guild, and even more so that there wasnt really another option for a guild on the server.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
They only teach monks how to own, we dont have time for any reading. (yes, i did)

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I am a Systems programmer for a large financial company.

-Where are you from?
IOWA !!!!

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
If it was in mid-west i would come given that eveything worked out.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Hockey is a colour there isnt it?

Aerykian
Whee!

Re: Zhak 80 monk app

Postby Aerykian » Wed May 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Zhak wrote:I hope to find a place to once again call home. I was really upset when i left my last guild, and even more so that there wasnt really another option for a guild on the server.

I have found that CN is my home. Like all families, we do have our disagreements at times, but I've learned (fairly recently, mind you) how to let go of things. They tolerate me and my eccentricities, that says something for everyone's patience.

Zhak wrote:I am a Systems programmer for a large financial company.

Ah, which languages do you code?

Gratz on the upcoming nuptuals. :drink:

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Quote: I hope to find a place to once again call home. I was really upset when i left my last guild, and even more so that there wasnt really another option for a guild on the server.

Out of curiosity... Are you new to this server? Server switch?

From my experience with CN... I have nothing but positive things to say. :teeth: Very good bunch that know what they are doing.. most of the time :wink:

Zhak
Whee!

Postby Zhak » Wed May 21, 2008 2:08 pm

Melinia.Spellteaser wrote:Quote: I hope to find a place to once again call home. I was really upset when i left my last guild, and even more so that there wasnt really another option for a guild on the server.

Out of curiosity... Are you new to this server? Server switch?

From my experience with CN... I have nothing but positive things to say. :teeth: Very good bunch that know what they are doing.. most of the time :wink:

Yep, i was born on Druzzil Ro. Just recently came to maelin.

Zhak
Whee!

Postby Zhak » Fri May 23, 2008 8:35 am

I am sure i missed it some place, but could someone give me a link to some information on your DKP system. From the raid i was on it appeared to be a blind auction with a max number set. Just wondering about the details and looking for something to make my work day pass a little faster. :o

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Fri May 23, 2008 8:41 am

Zhak wrote:I am sure i missed it some place, but could someone give me a link to some information on your DKP system. From the raid i was on it appeared to be a blind auction with a max number set. Just wondering about the details and looking for something to make my work day pass a little faster. :o

I was WAY off... Ignore me! LOL! I need to reread stuff.
/em inserts foot into mouth (which i do often.. wish my feet were smaller)

:!

And Zhak.. I feel your pain... Day before holiday weekend.. quiet... I think I have edited this post about 5 times now. ^^
Last edited by Melinia.Spellteaser on Fri May 23, 2008 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri May 23, 2008 9:14 am

Blind auction - yes

The max bid is calculated from the stats etc on the item.

The amount of CNP given for a hit is based upon the amount of CNP spent on the loot from the hit divided by the number of attendees. So if 20 people take down 'Sir Cumference' in the plane of roundness, and he drops the 'compass of super pointyness' which is worth 20 CNP. Assume somebody bids max, then everybody gets 1 CNP for the hit.

Basically CNP out = CNP in

in the event of a tie in bidding, the person with the most CNP wins - i.e. The more you raid and save the more you can win. I believe there are further tie breaking rules also if you have the same CNP - based on percent attendance (I could be wrong here).

We get double CNP awarded for first kill

I think that is it. It is actually pretty simple so that even dumbass shamen that don't play EQ anymore can understand

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri May 23, 2008 9:45 am

Jaffod covered most of it. In a situation where multiple people bid max, the person with the most saved cnp (our clever name for dkp, CN Points, cnp) wins. We do also give small bonuses here and there for various things. First kills we give double (like was mentioned), also we tend to give progression bonuses for mobs that we have to beat our heads against a few times. And once in a while we'll give on-time attendance bonuses as well.

I did some calculating recently and over the span of one month, we awarded about 99.6 points for someone who had 100% attenance. For the average guildy with 60% raid attendance, they'd earn roughly 60 points per month. Of course this number varies, but it gives a general idea of what everyone gets per month at least. The max bids are based upon a stat calculator, and most max bids are anywhere from 40-60 points. So if an average guildy bid max only on items, they'd end up with roughly 1 item per month, but most don't go for max (excluding first kills and mobs with fun clickies like Mayong Mistmoore), so most people end up with a loot piece at least every couple weeks or so. Of course those coming to guild with somewhat lower level gear tend to get more since they get a lot of the more common items for bids from 1 - 10 points. This doesn't include our non-dkp raids on most Fridays (in Crystallos) and Sundays (in various spots like Anguish, Tacvi, DoN progression, small TSS raids, etc.) where people roll on loot. Apps included.

As stated in our rules, we don't require any attendance percentage. If people are online, we strongly encourage everyone to attend the dkp raids but you won't get chewed out if you're not there. As far as Friday and Sunday raids go, those are totally optional and often there are several groups of people working on other things during that time.

Zhak
Whee!

Postby Zhak » Fri May 23, 2008 11:52 am

Thanks for the info, seems pretty simple and fair. I like that the same amount of CNP that gets taken for loot goes back out to the members. Pretty easy way to regulate what each event is worth.

Sounds like i need to get my cryst key finished up!

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri May 23, 2008 11:58 am

Silly glossed over the bit about it being tied to the CPI as well.

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Fri May 23, 2008 12:31 pm

Zhak wrote:Sounds like i need to get my cryst key finished up!

Ah, I'd be happy to join in that endeavour. I have 6 of the essences atm. Will be free all weekend .... if anyone else is interested in assisting?