Forum Troll finally Apps...

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Forum Troll finally Apps...

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 3:33 am

I have been enjoying raiding with you guys so much, i can't stand to wait to post my app any more. I know I need at least 1 more level under my belt... It's a work in progress :teeth:

Your Main Character

-Name: Melinia Spellteaser
-Class: Enchanter
-Race: High Elf
-Level: 72
-Number of AAs: 212 (working on getting more)
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1376676– I need to do the “sync”
-List which keys and flags you have: PoP: up to elementals except for Fire. PoTime access, Vex Thal Keyed. PoSky 6 keys

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Buuffy 59 Pally, Satlynn 55 Beastlord, Sparklynn 48 mage, Bluewillow 44 druid, Mynni 42 rogue, Nynuk 34 zerker, Tempe 23 shaman, Toetaggress 25ish necro, Fairyfyre 30ish I think wizard.

EQ2 – Kithicor
Buuffy, Blyss, Gyggles, Faepyre, Nynuk, Spyk (In case I’m in EQ2 and in chat channel. Would show as eq2.kithicor.<name>
EQ2- Lucan D’Lere – Buuffy & Fayth (semi retired)

PS: I am an ALT ADDICT

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
Experiencing in new zones. Making new friends. Progressing at a steady pace with out pressure to do so. Currently, I have been working on my bakers trophy. I am also a GM Brewer (250) and GM Jeweler (213).

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Currently, working on getting to 75 so my mezz is more useful in the zones I like to hunt in. Also, I do have much more AA farming to do, most likely during Dains. I will also be continually working on my Epic 1.5 when I get into the mood. (Yes, I have to be in the mood to work on my epic…. I’m weird like that)

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
Evenings, weekends, EST

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
You can count me in on 1 raid a week. Which one will be determined by RL stuff on any given day. If the lawn needs to be mowed, I have to do it. If the basement sprung a leak, I have to spend some time with the shop vac. If I have homework or a test the following day, the computer will not even be turned on. Overall, Saturday raids will be the best bet for me to join for the full duration. All other nights will be up in the air and limited duration, since I need to get some sleep for the next day. I don’t want to be falling to sleep at work… would look really bad.
Thursday nights is the only no-go currently due to LRN raids. I enjoy the LRNs and have no intention to stop doing them. Other nights are pending my college schedule in the Fall.
Demi stuff, SoF raids ect is way out of my league… With levels and AAs under my belt they will be more with in my range.
PoP, DoN, Epic 1.5 hits, is my playing field at the moment and a level where I could contribute. I do have Tier 1 DoN complete and just need Emoush for Tier 2. I will be most likely getting those done threw LRN’s.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Daughters of Norrath – died out/disbanded,
Enchanted Shadows- Died out/Disbanded/Pissed at the GL for her treatment of other players.
JinXed- Membership left for other guilds and progressive server,
OWT- disbanded,
Currently in Per Aspera

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Per Aspera. I would like to be able to keep an alt or two in the guild. I currently have Melinia, Buuffy and FairyFire tagged in PA. It is a good bunch of people who have helped me out in the past few months since OWT’s demise. It’s hard to leave such a wonderful bunch. I just wish to take my main in a different direction. I have spoken to one of the GL (Dassi) to give her the heads up on my app-ing to CN. If needed I will unguild my alts.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? I have had several friendly chats with Jhereg. Started chatting with him when I was co-leader of OWT. Every once in a while we would start chatting things up again.
I currently have Silly, Jhereg and Mart on my buddy list for contacts for groupage. I try not to pester them too much.
Raids? Yes, PoTime this past summer. Lae and I were invited by Jhereg to join in on a PoTime raid to help familiarize us with PoTime for OWT. OWT were trying to do PoP flagging and Jhereg was trying to help the leadership of OWT familiarize themselves on the scripts. Was a very fun plow! I have yet to be on a PoTime raid that ran as smoothly. I have been on a few more that ran well, but not as fast and furious with as little death.
I also have had a chance as of late to join in various SS raids with you guys. It’s been an enjoyable learning experience.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I find that you are a reputable guild, good play ethic, friendly, I am very impressed with Jhereg as a leader and a player. (yes, I am sucking up). My experiences with CN have ALWAYS been positive.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? New friends, new experiences in game, better myself as an enchanter.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Yep

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
Finance assistant

-Where are you from?
New York

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Depends if it’s in Boston Mass 
Boston is one of my favorite places to visit. I will be there the last weekend in September for a New Kids concert 

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Burple.

For giggles and laughs… my original application from years ago: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1195

Finer Details:
During my time in OWT I spent time working on a variety of toons depending on who was on and where I could be of use. Melinia fell behind so much of where she needed/should be when it comes to being an effective chanter. I never realized how much I was “lacking” until I apped to a guild after Old World Travelers disbanded. I had considered applying for CN but seen I didn’t meet the minimum for AAs and levels, so I apped else where (in which based on their application at the time I did meet the minims). After a few strikes in my view of the guild (err just a few people in the guild. Others are good peeps) I pulled my application and was offered to join into PA. Since I had gotten to know much of the membership threw LRN’s, I joined.

I do go into phases of playing EQ2. It isn’t unusual for me to log into EQ2 all week except for Thursday nights for LRN’s. It is not a reflection on the guild or people in EQ1, I just feel like playing EQ2.

I think I covered everything...

(LRNS: Lemming Raid Nights: Basically, some older progression stuff, DoNs, Epic 1.5's, PoP, recently starting to do Anguish. It's not a "guild thing" rather it is a bunch of players/friends getting together once a week for 1-3 hits to help each other out in each others goals/prg)
Last edited by Melinia.Spellteaser on Wed May 21, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Re: Forum Troll finally Apps...

Postby Jaffod » Wed May 21, 2008 4:46 am

As a Red Sox fan the pro Boston nature is always good. This is an added plus considering the listed proximity to the "Home of evil" (Yankee stadium) - unless this just means New York state in which case the stadium reference is not as applicable

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 am

I do realize I've still have some work to do in the realm of levels and AA's. I just don't want it to seem like I'm riding coat-tails on raids. I do accept that I will be most likely in app status for awhile til I reach minimums. :P

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed May 21, 2008 9:21 am

Oh yay! I'm excited to see you apply :) You're such a nice person and goodness knows we could use another enchanter (as I'm sure you may have noticed :lol: )

As far as alts being in another guild, that is fine. We generally don't allow mains in other guilds however (like with the intent of gearing up their alt here so it meets the requirements of the other guild....we like to guild people on the hopes that they'll become a long term member of our "family").

Also, what are LRN Raids?

Also, if you're available for a couple hours on Sunday evenings, you may want to attend those raids, there are probably some decent upgrades for you on those (and apps can roll for stuff on those) as we tend to do various things like Gates, DoN, Anguish, and other random targets.

And lastly, "burple" - ROFL :lol:

See you around!
Silly

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am

(LRNS: Lemming Raid Nights: Basically, some older progression stuff, DoNs, Epic 1.5's, PoP, recently starting to do Anguish. It's not a "guild thing" rather it is a bunch of players/friends getting together once a week for 1-3 hits to help each other out in each others goals/prg)

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Wed May 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Hrmmm,

Aery may be interested in doing some of that as well. I'm thinking many of us have alts that would be more than happy to do older progression stuff (like DoN)

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Aerykian wrote:Hrmmm,

Aery may be interested in doing some of that as well. I'm thinking many of us have alts that would be more than happy to do older progression stuff (like DoN)

Thursdays... 7pm EST.. send me a tell in game for the chat channel. Normally we meet in PoTranquility but we sometimes change it if necessary.

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Wed May 21, 2008 3:18 pm

YAY : )

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Wed May 21, 2008 5:07 pm

Melinia.Spellteaser wrote:
Aerykian wrote:Hrmmm,

Thursdays... 7pm EST.. send me a tell in game for the chat channel. Normally we meet in PoTranquility but we sometimes change it if necessary.

Having some slight problems with a computer upgrade. I'm reinstalling Windoze.... I *was* hoping to go with 64-bit but that doesn't seem to be happening. And I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than install Vista.

If anyone happens to know why 32-bit windows doesn't see more than 3 gb of ram, please let me know.

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 pm

I can run 1 session of EQ on Vista. It took along while to work around the kinks. I just can't seem to get a second session running with out crashing both sessions.
My XP can run 2 sessions at once with out an issue. But it just doesnt like EQ2...

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu May 22, 2008 4:37 am

XP doesn't like EQ2?

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 am

Jaffod wrote:XP doesn't like EQ2?

Aye.. My Dell has Windows XP. It is very laggy no matter how i tweak it. So I bought a new system (a year after i bought the dell). I would have just gotten a better video card but Dell is a pain the butt. The CPU was not strong enough and was worried if I bought one from say Best Buy that it would blow the machine up. Dells are funny like that. And I HATE dealing with Dells customer service. At least on my HP I know enough about PCs to pop it open and change something.

Zhak
Whee!

Postby Zhak » Thu May 22, 2008 7:11 am

Aerykian wrote:
Having some slight problems with a computer upgrade. I'm reinstalling Windoze.... I *was* hoping to go with 64-bit but that doesn't seem to be happening. And I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than install Vista.

If anyone happens to know why 32-bit windows doesn't see more than 3 gb of ram, please let me know.

Any 32-bit OS is limited to 4 gigs of memory TOTAL that the system can address. The total memory on the system includes memory from your video card, ram, etc. It would appear you have about a GB of memory in other places than just the system ram, and that is why you only see 3GB. A 64-bit OS allows like some crazy number like a tetrabite or something of memory addressabillity.

On the Vista note, I have home premium Vista 64 on my desktop that i recently built. I have not really had any issues with it at all. With a few setting tweeks i have it running and looking pretty much exactly like win xp. I dont think i would go back to XP if someone offered to buy it for me. Also, Vista was cheeper than XP on newegg.

I am not an expert on desktops by any means, but if you have any questions i will be happy to pretend that i know what i am talking about.

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Thu May 22, 2008 7:56 am

If anyone was to give Vista a whirl.. I would almost suggest just buying a new system. Vista needs at LEAST 1gig of memory to run some what smoothly.
I spent $800 on my HP w/Vista. Out of the box it came with 2gigs, nvidia video card, and it over all runs nice.

Vista does rely on the video card more than any previous windows OS. There are some nice bells and whistles to it. The down side is the security crap you have to work around to get stuff to run. Took me over a month to get EQ2 to run smoothly on it. Other than that... I don't understand where people are saying it's "buggy". then again i'm just one to boot up the system then log into the game. :) . Biggest glitch was that my old original EQ disks wouldn't load onto the hard drive.(Kunark era disks) I had to wait until SoF came out in order for it to load up.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu May 22, 2008 8:38 am

I just up'd my system RAM to 4gig, might have to see how much that changes things on EQ2 - if I can be bothered to unwrap the box

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon May 26, 2008 6:08 am

/waves, I see you online 8)

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Tue May 27, 2008 9:41 am

I have run 5 on ( same comp ) windows vista 32 bit ( it has Picture in picture built in) ... have 4 but vista only sees 3.5 thier is some settings you need to change in vista such as disable user access control otherwise each time u want to run EQ u have to right click and click run as administrator..

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Tue May 27, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm running an HP w/Vista
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 Ghz
Memory: 1918
32 bit system
NVidia geforce 6150SE nforce 430

I got it about a year ago. I disabled the user access control within about an hour of taking it out of the box. And I do the "run as admin" thingy. Still crashes if i try loggin on the box account. (I have one, but was inherited. exists fer buffs & rezzes).

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Fri May 30, 2008 3:00 am

Last minute plans for this weekend. I will be afk all weekend. If I have time, I will try to be on Sunday evening. But Saturday will be a No Go.. (Will be in Pennsylvania, honey's laptop PC doesnt like eq)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri May 30, 2008 8:58 am

Hope you have a good time Melinia! See you soon!

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 am

I'm running an HP w/Vista
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50 Ghz
Memory: 1918
32 bit system
NVidia geforce 6150SE nforce 430

If anyone was to give Vista a whirl.. I would almost suggest just buying a new system. Vista needs at LEAST 1gig of memory to run some what smoothly.
I spent $800 on my HP w/Vista. Out of the box it came with 2gigs, nvidia video card, and it over all runs nice.

...Um.... Uh... *scratches his head confused*... I have a PC...

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri May 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Jar - ignore the Vista stuff, just stay with what you have