80 Monk app-hoping to return

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Larulik
Whee!

80 Monk app-hoping to return

Postby Larulik » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:47 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Larulik Playindead
-Class: Monk
-Race: Lizzies RULE
-Level: 80
-Number of AAs: 311
-Magelo Number (if you have one): don't remember off the top of my head but I'll update this later
-List which keys and flags you have: Anguish, demi tier 2, ToB (and most of DK done), some PoP flags done, and about halfway through Solteris flagging; also nearly ally with AG east

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Riceman 78 shammy, Balgaern 30-something necro, bunch of others that I rarely if ever play

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) pretty much everything but soloing, but will do that occasionally as well

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) get 300 in all tradeskills, get 2.5 and break 1k DPS without a bard in the group lol.. mainly just have fun and play with good people

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? EST for now, soon to be CST. I play nights when I don't have baseball

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. about 50% or so.. lot of Tuesday night games

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. Goddesses Legions-was dying when I left then started a revival afterwards, Awakened Into Darkness-change in leadership led to too much drama, CN-friend asked for help with his guild, Umbrae Praedatorium-friend who was guild leader disappeared and some of the drama-inducing players that I have previous poor experiences with were admitted

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: N/A as of 5 minutes after I finish this app

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? Most probably remember me from my time there.. have only been gone 3-4 months

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? It's the best fit of players and play style for what I want out of the game.. good people and good times with some raiding when the mood strikes

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? See previous statement =)

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? yeppers

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? high school math teacher in the Bronx (hence the not wanting drama in game), baseball umpire

-Where are you from? Maryland originally.. currently in Long Island, NY but moving to St Joseph Missouri this summer

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? depends on location

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Cruz
Whee!

Re: 80 Monk app-hoping to return

Postby Cruz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:06 am

When there is significant drama in all the guilds you have been in. You have to ask yourself what common thread is in all of them.

None the less, I remember some bitterness on the manner of your leaving. I wish you best of luck in winning those people over. I will do my best to give you a fair shake.

If you don't know the app channel ask an officer in game, good luck!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:08 am

I have no problem giving people a second chance. I don't recall having any trouble with this person. I do recall the leaving for another guild blah blah blah, but I've seen that a million times before. Then again, I smoke so much dope 24/7, I have trouble remembering anything.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:45 am

It's Friday and I'm trying to avoid doing any work so let's bring the relevant back-story to light:

http://www.celestialnavigators.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5711

As Cruz said you ruffled a few feathers on your way out of CN the first time. Most glaringly there's this from Zady:

Silly may not be angry, but I am. I'm at the minimum definitely peeved. I have a long memory, too... so if/when Umbrae Predatorae falls apart or doesn't live up to CN's extra specially goodness... I'm just going to point and laugh.

[Cue Zady's /point and /laugh]

Way to go dude, you've proven her right, now she'll be completely insufferable.

Good luck with your re-app. If I could give you any advice I'd say you ought to have a chat with Silly (Szork and Zady are both on hiatus) and try to win her over. If she doesn't think you're worth a second chance I can promise that the voting won't be pretty.

Oh, and /hug Zady.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:06 am

What Silly thinks about a app should have nothing to do with what anybody else thinks about a app. If Silly or anybody else hated a app and didn't want them in CN, I would have no trouble voting them in if I thought otherwise. Don't take being a Lemming to far.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Just FYI, I already talked to Silly, and if she had a major issue with my possibly coming back, then I probably wouldn't have even reapplied.. if particular people want to point and laugh, that's their right and I have no problem with it.. if youhave a particular problem with me, let's talk it out in game.

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Actually Goofy, the sentiments of Silly, Szork, and Zady were all pretty much the same and, I might add, echoed my personal thoughts on Larulik's departure; I simply didn't see fit to write a post about them since everything had been covered by the others.

My advice to Larulik was a hint at what would give him the best chance of being re-accepted to CN. More specifically it would address two things:

1) After leaving CN the first time on somewhat poor terms, I'm sure certain people would like an assurance from Larulik that he's not going to jump ship the next time "a friend's guild needs help." Silly's an officer who's familiar with his first stint with CN and would therefore be the obvious person with whom he should talk.

2) What Silly (and other respected members of this guild) thinks about an app will and does matter. Whether it should or shouldn't sway how someone else votes is a moot point - the fact is it does have an effect.

If she (or others) writes a post about an app they think doesn't belong in CN some people will vote "no" simply because they trust her opinion. Likewise, if a post is made highlighting what a great and helpful person the app in question is, it will make others inclined to vote "yes." It happens in real life and it happens in EQ. To believe anything otherwise makes you foolishly naive.

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Larulik wrote:Just FYI, I already talked to Silly, and if she had a major issue with my possibly coming back, then I probably wouldn't have even reapplied.. if particular people want to point and laugh, that's their right and I have no problem with it.. if youhave a particular problem with me, let's talk it out in game.

I'm glad you did Larulik, it shows you're sincere about wanting to be a member again. I really don't have a problem with your re-app, I just like to give people a hard time.

Goofy, if you want to continue discussing/arguing/bickering about this topic or anything else let's use PM's and leave Larulik's app thread in peace.

Sorry for the derail but it's Friday and this office is making me stir crazy.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:55 pm

It may affect others, but in no way does it affect me. And I am the only one who matters when it is my vote or opinion on somebody. If others need to be led the way to form their own opinion, that is their problem. I can form my own.

As in negative CNP. Silly hates it when people leave with negative CNP. Me, I don't give a shit. And no matter how much it may bother Silly, I will continue to not give a shit. I may be a Lemming on raids, but I am not in any other aspect of this game.

And in closing, I am not trying to instigate any trouble here nor highjack the thread...I am just here at work with nothing to do...So this is what happens. Luckily, Erwin has the ability to respond in a reasonable manner.

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 pm

Larulik

I recommend you mend some fences in game. People come and go from the guild all the time and are often welcome back with open arms. The key is how they leave and maintaining solid relationships inside or outside the guild.

We are family guild so if people have a bad taste it will require more effort on your part. Every guild member votes their own way. Some like Goofy will judge you based on their own methods and some will look at what happened before.

Wish you the best.

Woldar

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Some like Goofy will judge you based on their own methods and some will look at what happened before.

I vote totally on style and color...don't clash with my color scheme...you have been warned.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:30 pm

As far as the negative CNP go, I was willing to come back and participate in raids to work them off, and I'm willing to work off any negative CNP that I had when I left after my app process is over if you guys want me to.

I did leave to help a friend with a guild that he either just started or was trying to rebuild. However, he left me high and dry for the last couple of months, which kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth as far as that is concerned. I've always been comfortable while in CN, and have had some long time friends in CN, and hesitated in leaving in my last stint. Looking back, it was the wrong decision, and it happens. I just want to enjoy my time playing and enjoy the people I'm playing with.

If anyone still has a bad taste in their mouth about the way I left things, please feel free to talk to me in game and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. In the meantime, if anyone needs my help with various stuff, please let me know.

Furthermore, I'm also available for making iksar cultural armor.. I have 300 skill in both tailoring and smithing, + 12% tailoring, + 15% smithing, and TM 3.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:15 am

we wont talk about what it takes for Goofy to get a bad taste in his mouth :shock:

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:09 am

Jaffod wrote:we wont talk about what it takes for Goofy to get a bad taste in his mouth :shock:

EWWWWWWWWWW

I'm so confused. :| Can someone tell me what was wrong with what he posted in his goodbye thread, or why we're arguing about it?

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:13 am

We aren't arguing about it.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:00 pm

Well since my name in particular has come up so many times in this thread, I figure I better respond to give my own input!

I'd say you ought to have a chat with Silly and try to win her over.
He did have a chat with me, and at this point I am not voting a yes or a no, like any applicant, I will review his behavior through his application period and make a judgement call then.

What Silly thinks about a app should have nothing to do with what anybody else thinks about a app.
What Silly (and other respected members of this guild) thinks about an app will and does matter. Whether it should or shouldn't sway how someone else votes is a moot point - the fact is it does have an effect.

While they seem contradictory, both of these comments are true to a point. Everyone DOES have an equal vote here (no officer's vote is greater than a members, and vice versa) I can't deny the fact that most people (myself included) are more critical of an aplicant if someone posts something negative on their application. If Billybobthorton applied and say...Cruz said he was trained repeatedly by said Billybob, I woulnd't immediately vote no, but I would definately be more scrutinous of their behaviour. I would hope that most people see things as I do on this respect, and don't immediately vote yes/no one way or another, but would take ALL factors into consideration (both personal experience; and other member's opinions, as excess "drama" can in fact hurt a guild).

As in negative CNP. Silly hates it when people leave with negative CNP.
Hate is such a strong word! :lol: Seriously though, I really hate very little. This is mostly just a pet peeve of mine which I find annoying rather than rabidly froth at the mouth over; and if Larlik rejoins, he will start out with the negative amount he left with (even though we remove names from cnp, we save everyone's information) so this doesn't apply terribly much anyway.

I have no problem giving people a second chance.
Me neither, and I've voted yes on many many people re-applying to the guild; but simply for the sake of nit-picking and since I enjoy /poking Goofy (not in that sense you gutter-minds!) if he's invited, wouldn't this be his third time in guild? I may be wrong, but I believe he originally was in CN long ago on a warrior named Boldinor or something like that?

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:41 pm

Balldanor, Charthiz I believe.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:03 pm

I was in with Balldanor.. not sure if Charthiz was ever guilded or not.. at that time, CN was purely a hang-out type of family guild, with no real raiding opportunities, and one of my real-life friends from high school was in AD.. I wanted to try a raid guild, so I did join AD at that time. It was something that I wanted to give a shot, so I did. That account was sold sometime in 2003 or 2004.

This situation was a bit different..an in-game friend asked for help with rebuilding or restarting UP, and I decided to help him out, despite having my reservations. It was the wrong decision to make, considering that the friends I have in CN I've known for much longer and have much more affinity for, but that's a situation where you have to live with the decisions you make.

I have two real life friends that still have accounts (well, 3 if you include my friend's wife), but they rarely play, and will not have any impact on future decisions that I make. As far as in-game friends, while I still have others throughout the game, the ones that I want to spend my play time with are primarily in CN. The fact that there is raiding a couple nights a week takes care of any raiding itch that I may have (and I'm not ever interested in getting into hardcore raiding again), and the progression is at a nice pace. I'm not worried about loot.. that will either come as time goes along or not. I'm more interested in staying with good people and having fun.

If there's stuff I can help with, either apps or members, please let me know. If you want to ask about particulars about my situation, feel free to ask.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:30 pm

I wish I had friends.

Or maybe I'm better off without them.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:21 am

well I am still swayed by the old skool stuff. I recall going out to Luclin zones when Wenvarwen (spelt wrong most likely) and Ricemen (amoungst a few others) were trying to get CN more into the raiding spirit. I got some reletaively good gear and had a good time etc etc. Of course all the raiders then bailed to AD and I went to WoW. Even so I remember the good times:)

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:06 am

Wenvarwen and Riceman were 2 of my groomsmen at my wedding, and I've been friends with them for nearly 20 years (since high school). As a result, it was pretty natural for me to go with them to AD at the time. However, Riceman's now a DC cop that works nights (and I'm a high school teacher that leaves the house at 530 am), so our time really doesn't coincide at all, and Wen just got married last summer and normally only plays in a group with his wife (and normally starts at 10/1030 pm, which is when I'm getting ready for bed) lol

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi Lariluk,

My apologies for not posting sooner, I've been out of town. =) IIRC you left shortly after I left AiD for CN. We've had some "chats" about my time in AiD, but I'm glad to say it's over with. Bottom line is, if anyone knows about leaving a guild, it's me. I've read your farewell thread, and I really don't have an opinion either way. I do know that when I originally app'd CN, Silly told me something that has proven to be true. She said that sometimes, it takes someone a long time to find a guild where they are happy.

Being in many guilds may be questionable, but it has taught me one thing: there will usually be something about a guild that someone doesn't like. For me, the "happy" comes in that there is an extreme minimum of those things in CN. Therefore, I'm happy here. Like many others in CN, I believe in second chances. After all, if one day I got a wild hair up my ass and just left, I like to think that my family would understand my little eccentricities and invite me back home. (But I have a 6-month prescription for my happy pills so it's all good now ..... :D )

I guess what I'm asking (rhetorically, of course) is whether or not you are happy in CN? You did speak with Silly prior to apping, so that makes me think yes. And I don't vote based solely on Silly's opinion, but I will say that her opinion does matter to me.

Finally, please forgive if I'm too forward. Others have very eloquently voiced their thoughts and opinions here. I felt like I should offer my 2cp as well.

- Aery

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:04 am

If I didn't feel that CN was the best guild that I've been in, then I wouldn't reapply..i.e. yes, I was happy when I was in CN and would be happy to be back.

I understand and agree with you that there will be little annoyances everywhere. As I've previously stated, I'm mostly looking forward to being back with the good people and quality players that are here

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:12 pm

Just so you guys know, I have baseball games almost every Tuesday night, and tonight through Friday afternoon I'm out of town at my parents. I should be able to get to the raid on Saturday.

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Thu May 01, 2008 8:32 am

When you left to help start / restart UP, did you discuss the situation with officers before you left? As I have been told, you simply left, and did not offer a reason until roughly a week later. If I'm wrong, pls let me know.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Thu May 01, 2008 6:01 pm

I had talked with Silly about the fact that I was trying to decide whether to help out with that or not...I deguilded on a Tuesday night I believe, and I know I had talked to her at least on that Sunday (2 days prior). I will admit that my last conversation with Silly was that I was leaning towards staying with CN, which would've been the correct decision looking back on it. However, I did post about my reasoning either the day after or 2 days after deguilding.

Edit: I understand that the initial vote has not been in my favor, and I can understand that.. however, I have asked Jhereg for an extended app time to have the opportunity to prove that I am in earnest in wanting to return, and hope that I have the chance to convince some of you through my actions that I am worthy of an affirmative vote.

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Fri May 02, 2008 6:27 pm

hiya Larulik, nice to see ya see ya app again, what changed your mind?
either way , i know you are a nice guy and tried to get on right track. hope things works out for you hun, cause you been a nice peron as long as i known you. hope things works out for you either way you choose !! hugs

Candeys
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Sat May 03, 2008 10:19 am

Hey Candeys.. haven't seen you in game recently, but I hope things are going well over there in Deutschland.. Don't hesitate to yell at me if you ever log in and see me on :mrgreen:

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Mon May 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Sorry I haven't been on much this past week.. I've been extremely busy with umpiring and playing baseball, and haven't been getting home until 9:30/10:00 each night.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Mon May 12, 2008 2:19 pm

How's your son? I understood you had to take him for emergency treatment the other night?