77 Shadowknight lookin for a home

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Venerran
Whee!

77 Shadowknight lookin for a home

Postby Venerran » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:49 am

Your Main Character

-Name: Venerran
-Class: Shadowknight
-Race: Dark Elf
-Level: 77 (atm like 12% from 78, so ding soon)
-Number of AAs: 291
-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1331640
-List which keys and flags you have: KT, Anguish, Demi,

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Fireborn - 71 High Elf Wizard

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
Well it's Definately Not tradeskills, haha. I like raiding and grouping with friends and guildies. Seeing new zones is always fun, as is trying new targets and learning from it. I really enjoy helping people out in the game too. I was helped by a lot of people when I started playing, so I make sure I'm always there to help people too. But basically good friends in this game is what keeps me playing.

What are some short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I'd like to upgrade my 2.0 to a 2.5, take down Mayong and get flagged for ToB, MMM and Crystallos. Also going back to aa's after I hit lv 80.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I'm in the Eastern time zone. I work until about 3pm daily, so I'll usually jump online sometime between 4 and 6 pm, depends what's going on IRL. Depends on what's going on as to how late I stay on, since I have to be at work early in the mornings. But I could stay till 11 or so if we'd happen to be raidin something.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
I could make em all, and the Saturday one from start to finish. The weeknight ones I can stay a couple hours, would prolly leave around 11 though so I get some sleep and not keel people at work, lol.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I created Undying Alliance about 3 years ago, but I left there for Tribal Fury about a year and a half ago so I could progress and grow as a toon and player. I really loved it in TF, but with my schedule at work, their raid time didn't really work for me anymore. And I decided to leave there because I wanted to raid, but didn't want to show up once a month or something at a raid there and blow all my dkp on that raid...seemed like an a-hole move to me and not fair to the ones that're there daily.
I then went to Contract Killers since I've been great in game friends with the leaders there for years. Tried to help em get their guild goin a bit while I decided what I wanted to do.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

I still have the CK tag up so that I have access to a GH portal. They know that I'm apping here and are ok with me leaving the tag up.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I know Goofy thru TF, and I used to group with Candeys back in the day all the time, different toon name of course. I got a chance to attend the Razorthorn raid last night with yall and had a lot of fun. I haven't got the chance to group with anyone just yet, but will be around if anyone needs a sk :)

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
The time that you start raiding is a Big draw for me. That way I can still get a couple hours of raiding in before I have to get to sleep. It's also nice that you're on the same content I was doing in TF before I was unable to attend raids, so it wouldn't take me much getting used to to get back into the swing of things.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
hmmm...get accepted? lol seems like a basic goal 8) I'd like to keep progressing and from what I've seen so far, you seem like a good bunch of people to do that with :)

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?
Sure do

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I'm a maching programmer. We machine plastic pieces for anything and everything from brake systems on airplanes, parts for tanks and other military vehicles, hell basically anything you can imagine.

-Where are you from?
Born and raised in Kansas, then moved to Pennsylvania, recently moved to just north of Atlanta, Georgia in September.

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Depends on the place, pick a fun one with a good bar and I'm in, lmao.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Definately blue.

Some hobbies...
Poker, playing pool, Guitar Hero, Hockey (big big Atlanta Thrashers fan), Cooking, Singing (was in a band for a few years...lookin for another too), Beer...mmm beer lol. Prolly a lot more, just ask me. :D
Last edited by Venerran on Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I pity people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1331640

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: 77 Shadowknight lookin for a home

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:17 am

Glad to see your app. It is sometimes hard to get groups in app channel, but attend as many raids as you can and people will get to know you.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:07 pm

Ding 78 btw :D
"I pity people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:54 pm

Congrats :)

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 am

hiya Venerran = ) good to see you app ! and grats on 78 !!
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:17 am

Good to see your app, and it looks like you put a lot of thought into it, which is always appreciated! Plus you like singing and beer, which are two definate plusses when applying here :lol: Thanks for letting your current guild know about your application.

I hope to see you again soon!
Silly

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Looking forward to the next time we meet up...am havin fun with you guys and gals :D

Next time you see me I'll prolly be spammin the app channel for a group...lol j/k...I know I'll just say lfg or somethin.

Btw...I'm kinda a ventrilo junkie (hence the edit's...kinda suckin at teh typin lol)...can kinda tell you guys use somethin like that...look forward to chattin your ears off sometime soon, hah :P

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:56 am

Good guy. Knows his toon. Good Attitude :)

Like my opinion means anything but he would be an asset to your guild

Aerykian
Whee!

Postby Aerykian » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Gratz on 78 .... glad to see u app =)

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:19 pm

sorry about the client crashes...dunno why I've been having that trouble here lately. Demi was fun the little bit I got to stay. See ya's soon.

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Had a blast again with ya's last night...Sisters especially :) Would've been alive the whole night had I not client crashed during Devlin in a not so good spot, heh. Lookin forward to next time.

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:54 am

Blocker turn ins went well and was fun getting to group with some of ya's :) Goofy only killed me once, so I'm sure there's more where that came from haha :P

Now I have 3/4 handed in, am only missing Redfang's, woot :D

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey again everyone, just droppin in to let ya know I'm still alive heh.

My work schedule here in the last 2 weeks has been hectic at best. Last week I had 68 hrs from Mon-Sun, and this week is lookin the same. I'm sure payday will make it somewhat worth it, but I've been passing out pretty early here lately which is the main reason I haven't been on, except to say 'hey' in the app channel and to some buddies. Am seriously considering upgrading my computer again so my client crash issues will stop, but just wanted to know the status of my app before I make my decision on that. Shoot me a pm if ya can...see ya's soon I hope...am ready to lose some plat during Sisters, haha....if I ever get a day off, lol :lol:

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:17 pm

Good to see you're still around, I missed having you on our raids!

Silly

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Well I'm officially back. Took some time for RL, but that's all about to be squared away again after I get my new apt next weekend :D

Looking forward to raiding with ya's again Very soon 8)

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 am

I saw Venneran in the app channel last night ... ???

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm

yup, I'm still in there a lot :-)

Edit....20% from 80 now btw...and magelo needs updating, heh

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed May 28, 2008 8:10 pm

So - are you back? You'd kinda vanished there, we (well, I did anyway) thought you had retired from EQ.

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 am

are you still an app bro? remember a few yrs ago what you did to a low level pally with Fireborn? I have not forgotten muahahahaha

Venerran
Whee!

Postby Venerran » Thu May 29, 2008 1:34 pm

haha yeah I remember Mard...gave you an all expenses (except for the rez) trip to Cobalt Scar, hahaha. I didn't retire from EQ...but I was in the process of moving into my new apartment, and then waiting for Comcast to schedule me in to get my internets back. But I'm definately back now :D

Mardella
Whee!

Postby Mardella » Fri May 30, 2008 5:51 pm

wb : )