78 Shaman

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Skuully
Whee!

78 Shaman

Postby Skuully » Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Skuully
-Class: Shaman
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 78
-Number of AAs: 290+
-Magelo Number (if you have one): I used to have one years ago, changing gear/level too often to make/update it right now. EQ Players - http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/chara ... 2511335427
-List which keys and flags you have: VT, all PoP except Fire and Time... Yea I know I'm way behind, I have been focusing on levels and gear right now.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):

Sorguren 65 warrior
Catfeesh 62 monk
Aledrinker 52 cleric

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

Grouping with fun people, exploring new zones, and raiding I would say are the top 3 of those that I enjoy, I have done my share of quests, tradeskilling, and soling/douing as well.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

I am working on getting caught up from 3 1/2 years out of the game, I have been focusing on leveling up, AAs, and upgrading my gear. I'm not too interested in getting my epic 1.5 and beyond right now, I'll worry about that later. I would like to work on keys/flags eventually as well.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I am on Eastern Time. I play almost daily in the mornings, I also play evenings when I am off from work.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

I would have to say 50%. I work nights on a 12 hour shift (6pm - 6:30am) 7 out of 14 days (work 3, off 2, work 2, off 3, work 2, off 2, rinse repeat), so I would be at work during half the raids.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

Vengeful Dragons - my first guild, it disbanded.
CN (yea YOU!) - I was working 2nd shift at the time that I left, so raid time didn't work for me, also I couldn't keep an eye on my son who was in guild at the time and causing some trouble with loot issues and not following orders at raids (he no longer plays so don't worry!)
Eastern Alliance - Japanese guild, had raiding time in the mornings when I played the most. Got burnt out raiding 6 days a week 8 hours a day, interpreting broken english requests for buffs and stuff. So I quit EQ for 3 1/2 years to hang out in RL.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

I am a member of Horsemen of Norrath, my fiance had joined them upon returning to the game. Once I finally gave in and decided to play again (I resisted EverCrack for month before I gave in), as soon as I logged in I had a guild invite. While there are some great people in HoN, I miss some of my old friends in CN.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

I know Jhereg, Littlabit, TandT, Trabayre, Geekjoker, Demonik, and many more from way back!
I've grouped with a few members while hunting with Demonik, but most of thier names escape me right now, I would remember them once I saw them again, I'm not getting old and forgetful, honest I'm not!
Hmm raiding, I've done quite a few raids with CN... quite a few years ago... I obtained my epic back then in CN, I remember having to do it twice because I messed up my factions, I also remember Jhereg was working on the shaman epic too, to see if he could MQ it. See!! See!! I'm not that old and forgetful after all!!

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

I miss my old guild, old friends, and I'm looking for the Casual but Professional experience! I was planning on waiting to apply until my fiance (Kasandria in game) and I had gotten caught up in level/AAs. Then I saw that CN isn't going to be accepting applications after the 15th, I asked Jhereg in a pm, he advised me to app now as he couldn't say when you guys would be opening your doors again. I remember to always listen to Jhereg he's very wise for a Leezard!

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I mainly want to hang out with my old friends, and make some new ones! I want to be able to help out the guild as much as I can, in raids, groups, etc. I know thats a little out of the question at the moment, being as gimp as I am right now, but I came back 2 months ago and have gained 13 levels, over 100 AAs, upgraded all my gear (some of which is still very gimp), and learned my way around a bunch of new zones. I don't come expecting help getting keys/flags, but am willing to work on those things.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

You got rules? Oh boy... um, er, yea sure! (yes I did, really, I swear!)

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?

Injection Molding Machine Operator making syringes (you can thank me when the Dr. pokes ya!). I also run/play in disc golf tournaments, yea yea I know, what the heck is disc golf? If ya wanna know, ask away I'll explain it.

-Where are you from?

Maryland, half way between Philadelphia and Baltimore

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?

As long as there's beer there! Kas and I met in game, and our relationship grew to where we now live together and are engaged, so a get together is something we would definately consider.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Black (EboNEEE)

One other thing I would like to add that I would like to be considered a package deal with Kasandria, I would like to be in the same guild as my GF, er Fiance. If it means I have to wait longer to join, that's fine by me. I hope that's understandable, She will be app'ing shortly after I do.

Thank you for your consideration!
Skuully
Last edited by Skuully on Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Re: 78 Shaman

Postby Jaffod » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:45 am

Glad to see this app :D

Skuully might be one of the few remaining EQ people that might remember Trabayre 1.0 as he came to CN from Vengeful Dragons also.

btw Trabayre is in 3.0 mode right now as I am on an EQ break (say hi to Bobbert lol)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:14 am

As long as there's beer there! Kas and I met in game, and our relationship grew to where we now live together and are engaged, so a get together is something we would definately consider.

There were kegstands (for the brave) at the last one! :lol: Also congratulations on your engagement, that's awesome :)

Look forward to seeing you around,
Silly

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:29 pm

Thanks Silly, I'm just kidding about the beer, I can't drink like I used to. Nowadays, a 6-pack will last me all night... No, I'm not getting old, really!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:40 am

Silly, just because you had to lean on the keg in order to stand does not mean you did a kegstand! (for the record I did not do one either (I was already way overserved (although not as bad as Zyton was (but he still managed to make it to ANOTHER party that night))))

Stabwoundz
Whee!

Postby Stabwoundz » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:19 am

Hey Skuully, nice to see your app man. Good luck.

Demonik Brutality - 80 Warrior
Stabwoundz Lustmord - 73 Cleric
Lilyeni Logickill - 75 Enchanter

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:49 am

I'm still playin, just not much on my main... Warr is now 65 with 20some AAs, Monk has passed Cleric and is now 54, Cleric now has his epic, but is still 52 (come on vox/naggy raid :lol: ). It's also getting warmer outside so I've been playing disc golf more too.

We quit smoking and Kas says she gets bad urges sitting at the computer (maybe if she didn't sneak smokes at work she'd be past that by now... :roll: ), so she hasn't been playing too much at all.

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:01 am

I am no longer in a guild with Skuully, I left on good terms and my alts still remain in "Horsemen of Norrath". I've been thinking about playing Skuully more, is my app still open or should I wait until you reopen them and re-app?

Thanks,
Skuully

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:41 pm

I'd suggest grouping and regularly joining the channel, you'll have to do a new app really.