Amotto

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
lordvegga
Whee!

Amotto

Postby lordvegga » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:44 pm

Hello all,

It is a pleasure to introduce myself. I hope you find that I will be a good fit into your guild. I have read up on all of the information about you guys and I believe that CN is exactly what I am looking for.

Lets see, what I enjoy most about EQ is grouping and playing with friends. My fondest memories were simply the times spent hanging out with friends adventuring around. I started playing when the game first released, but did not really get into playing until the Velious expansion. Back then I had some real life friends who played, a couple cousins, and an uncle who played. Over the years some quit, some went to other games (including myself for awhile) and in the end I ended up back on EQ and one of the few who still play out of that old crew.

I had done some tradeskilling and have a few GM trophies, but I have been out of that loop for so long I don’t consider myself a tradeskiller, especially with all the changes they have done over the years.

I do enjoy raiding. For a few years I played hardcore and raided from Velious through PoP, and a little bit in OOW. I am originally from Vazaelle, and I remember seeing you guys around then. I knew a few who were in CN. I think Medaan was one of your bards, and I knew a few others who I can’t recall their names at the moment (its been awhile since I thought about it). If I am correct I think many of you were from Epic Heroes, and I was running around then too.

I have been in a few guilds over the years. I started out with a family guild, and then when I got into raiding I signed up with Eternal Advocates. I stayed with EA until they disbanded and I followed the crowd to Eye of the Deceiver. I stayed with EotD until I quit EQ to go over to EQ2 with my family. Upon my return I found that EotD had disbanded and I was guildless. My real life had changed at that point and I no longer had the time to commit to raiding, so I joined back up with a family type guild. Since then I had been in a couple guilds and usually followed the friends I had made, but for the most part stayed loyal to whatever guild I was in. In one of these guilds I met one of your current members (Stakka) who I was talking to last night, which is why I am app’ing you guys today. Based on our conversation it seemed as though CN is what I am looking for in a guild.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

Long term goals would be to collect some more AA’s, get Acquainted with some of the content I missed not being a member of a raid guild, and just make some new friends. I am a couple hits away from getting 2.0 once I get my Anguish flag, but I think I can take care of that on my own with some of my old school friends. My main goal is to just have fun. Although loots are always nice and fun to get, I am not a loot hog or someone whose primary purpose is to gear up. What I am looking for is an active guild. A place I can call home, who has active members who frequently do things together. I hate LFG, and if I can log in and group, help, adventure, or whatever with a regular crew of people I am a happy guy. Having a close knit group of people is what I miss the most.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

When do I normally play? Well, I like to play as often as possible, but the fact of the matter is I do live a busy life. I am married, my wife does not play, I work a full time job and I am going to college full time earning a business degree. So needless to say I have not tried app’ing any raiding guilds because I just could not commit to the raid schedule. I do however get on several times a week and I am most active on the weekends and Friday night.

I live in Montana, and I am on mountain time.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

I think I could make most of the Saturday raids, perhaps some of the weeknight raids as well depending on my schedule for the week. I would certainly attend all that I could and if I am on you can count on me to go. However, there may be times I could not stick it out for the entire raid and might need to leave prematurely. Sometimes I get on with the intent to play for 4,5 6 hours if there is something going on to occupy me for that long, other times I will get on and only have an hour or two to play, then I have to get back to work, or crack the books. It really depends on what my RL schedule is like.

I am currently in the guild Twilight Chosen. The people are great, and it’s a nice family guild. I don’t have any real complaints. However, I spend most of my time LFG and doing solo tasks, both of which I hate. I have been in TC for nearly two years and right now the member list is rather small. Most have left, and there isn’t much going on. I am at the point where I would like to find something more active. Most of the friends I made in TC have moved on, so it no longer makes sense for me to stay even though there are a few who remain who I consider friends. I know CN is looking for people who would remain loyal, and I think I am the type you are looking for. I have stuck it out even when times are tough, but its time to do something for myself and find a guild where I can log on and get into some action.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
Over the years I have grouped with many of your guildies many times. Like I mentioned above, I knew a few people from back in the Vazaelle days, and I know a couple who are currently in your guild (Stakka/Trastar) and going over roster see a few names that look familiar.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
The specific reason why I am applying to CN is because Stakka talked me into it =). I have been looking for a guild for quite awhile, and I think you guys are on the same page as I am. You seem to value the same things as I do and have the same goals. I think my personality would be a good match, and what you guys have going on is what I am looking for.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?

I hope to get some groups, adventure, and fun. most importantly I hope to make some regular friends, people I will look forward to logging on to see and go kill with.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? Yes.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I am an accountant.

-Where are you from? I grew up in Los Angeles. I also lived in North Carolina for four years while I was in the military. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg and served in the 82nd Airborne Division. Now I live in Montana.

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? That would be great and I would love to. but in all honesty, with my schedule I don’t get much travel time in.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Green.

Cruz
Whee!

Re: Amotto

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:12 pm

I will apologize up front as I am clearly ADDHD and reading was not a requirements when I joined...

I don't see where it ways what class/level etc you are...

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:27 pm

Cruz wrote:I will apologize up front as I am clearly ADDHD and reading was not a requirements when I joined...

I don't see where it ways what class/level etc you are...

Typing was optional when he joined as well.

But, yeah, I think you might have missed the first little block with the character name and stuff!

This guy?

lordvegga
Whee!

Postby lordvegga » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:28 pm

damn it to hell... i copy pasted, but didn't get the first part... here it is:

Your Main Character

-Name: Amotto
-Class: Bard
-Race: Vah Shir
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 355
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: Qvic, Dreadspire, and working on Anguish and ToB (its been awhile since I did any sort of raiding).

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):

Vegga – 75 – Wizard (Epic 1.5) 200ish AA
Sekhmett – 71 – Enchanter (Epic 1.0) 200ish AA
Jahnix – 70 – Warrior (Epic 1.0) 350ish AA
Varar – 69 – Beastlord (Epic 1.5) 15AA
Anjelina – 63 – Druid (Epic 1.0)
Massiah – 53 – Monk (Epic 1.0)
Caedo – 51 – Shadow Knight

Also have a 68 cleric box, but the acct is inactive atm.

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:22 pm

'W' and 'S' are right above each other on the keyboard it still counts....

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:03 am

Hiya Amotto = ) good to see ya app !!

looking forward to group again !
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

lordvegga
Whee!

Postby lordvegga » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:58 am

No doubt=) It was certainly a nice surprise to see you again and group together. I look forward to doing it again.