75 Paladin *End Game*

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Lexani
Whee!

75 Paladin *End Game*

Postby Lexani » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:42 am

Your Main Character

-Name: Lexani
-Class: Paladin
-Race: Human
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 1109
-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1353510
-List which keys and flags you have: Sleeper's Tomb,Vex Thal,Qvic,Txevu,Dreadspire,Demiplane with 4 blockers,Anguish,Ashengate (North,West,East),Theater of Blood/Deathknell,Full Planes of Power.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) I like to test my abilitys as my gear improvess,im not a warrior but i can tank quite a few things a warrior can tank with defensive :P

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) My long term goal is to break 18,000hp unbuffed currently 17,600hp with some change,max my aa's and score the highest undead slay in game

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? I play everyday hasnt been a day in the past 3 years i didnt log on i dont think,and im in pacific standard time zone

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. Past guilds ive raided with i was 97% over periods of 3 or 4 months and they raided 5-6 days a week so im pretty sure i could maintain 100% here

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. This is the hard part for me,and its the part i hate the most,I was in Faux Pas for about 4 months,i got booted with 97% Raid Attendance because i was told im not a team player,Despite what others may say nobody will know the truth but me and the people that witnessed it..

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: Im a member of Burned Out (boxing guild) and im getting more and more depressed each day i log in to the point i want to Quit eq because theres nothing going on,usually 3 members a day log in heh

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? Silly 8D,I have guest raided 2 times with CN,One on a Vule hit,the other on ZT Hit

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Im applying to CN because this guild currently fits what im looking for mid level content raiding with laid back members..

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? Not trying to come off bragging but i dont need anything from the zone you guys are raiding at this moment accept Mayong's loot hatchets 1 hander and augs,Other then that i hope to become a member of CN and get better at my abilitys as a paladin each day

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? Nothing tehe,Dedicated EQ player

-Where are you from? British Columbia

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? mm possibly

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Dark Blue

(Edited) Added 2 more flags forgot to add :D

Ommina
Whee!

Re: 75 Paladin *End Game*

Postby Ommina » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:58 am

Hiya Lexani! You may also want to edit into your post Theatre of Blood, since I know people will be looking for it. (Edit: oh look! You already did!)

I'll PM you with the channel info.

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:02 pm

:D Tob is fun fun zone

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:09 pm

Tob is fun fun zone

...Don't forget to list any mental illnesses which could have caused this opinion please.

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:23 pm

mmm Slaysalotofundead Syndrome ?:D

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Rofl! Woot another knight to put to work! /cracks whip. Btw, can you rez me? :P

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:43 pm

mmm nope because you shouldnt die if your in my group 8D /pssst even if you do die i wont tell anyone!

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:58 pm

nope because you shouldnt die

Shouldn't die? Clearly you have not been in many of Sillies groups....

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:11 am

ToB is complete ass, just like me.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:24 am

will you heal shammies? :P

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:22 am

Yes :D Shammies are the win same as druids but i dont tell people that often because druids are a rare species

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 am

ToB is complete ass, just like me
lol i take it you havent had a good experience there :O

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:04 am

Impressive Magelo, I take it you are hardcore HP > AC? Your AC seems very very low for your level of play.

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:30 am

my magelos off by a bit and eqplayers never worsk im 3400 unbuffed anything over 3200 from my experience and forum reading on AC discussion makes little difference but i can still tank np np

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:05 pm

I have found that lack of AC is rarely the cause of my toon dying. So far, lack of HP has been the major reason for death. Lack of attention to EQ causes the rest of the deaths and AC does not help there either :lol:

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:31 pm

Hehe, I too have only ever died from lack of HPs. The pally and SK boards have thread after thread about the importance of AC up to and over 4k. Didn't know why he went against this trend. Most pallies I see at that game level are pushing 4k ac.

What the heck to I know I am a rogue. Neither HP nor AC help me...I get aggro...2ms..fine red mist.

I can appreciate not going the same direction as everyone else. I mean that is why I use my bare hands on raids instead of weapons!

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:42 pm

i push 3800 or so buffed its mostly sks that ive seen trying to go 4K+ ac i know one SK that buffs to 6kac and like has 14k hp but can tank just as well as me whos 17.8 or whatever iwth 3400 ac its basiclly u can go ac or hp doesnt matter from ive found i have been all AC before but i didnt like the fact i had low hp hehe

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:58 pm

hp are actually how I measure my shammy, I am fairly eq st00pid so I like easy yardsticks

Lexani
Whee!

Postby Lexani » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:22 am

Actually Cruz im interested in seeing that website you were talking about because i use that samana website alot,i usually check it to see if any new high hp ac augs have been found,i will use ac if its got a good chunk HP on it,like my right ring i have a 15 ac 115hp aug in it ,those are the kind of ac augs i will go for,trying to get my BiC started as well as the hand aug that will raise me about another 40 ac,i have a 30ac 60hp aug in my shield and a 5 ac 110hp aug in my left bracer,i kept my GM arms because there was like NO fero items that i found for a paladin in Ashengate east west or north if there was i sure as hell wasnt getting it because dps > paladin,so i kept my GM arms for fero been meaning to make 1 of my 2 last bloods i have in my bank to upgrade to a fero 5 seal instead of bazu that will boost me another 15ac+ 10 overcap same as my bracer ill make a last blood parry 15 ac + 10 overcap,after all said and done and i complete BiC,Jona Hand Aug Quest,get my 2 last bloods made,get a Eulogy the Bloodthirsty (Pal Sk 1hander) i should be close to 3590 ac unbuffed with 18.1 hp,oh and if i ever get Porthio the Second Born's Black orb for the aug quest thats another 10 ac + 5 over cap and 90hp with stats and sv's hes the last piece i need for it i believe maybe Zomm piece to but thats it !

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:57 am

Take this all with a grain of salt. I am a rogue at heart. My only experience with tanks is my baby alt SK. I just read what others wrote and went with there recommendations. There is no higher degree of understanding on my part for this stuff.

A nice page with a graph of the effects of AC. Softcap is silly low and returns are linear until around the point where DI ~4. This depends on mob level mob attack etc... If you are not almost exclusively being hit for the 4 lowest amounts possible for the mob, you are still getting liner returns from AC. I read asymptote is around 3500 for Omens era and about 4500 for Latest stuff. Granted if the DB of a mob is way out of whack (and with some mobs it is) they are going to hit for close to max always as there is not much differential in the range of possible hit amounts.

http://samanna.net/eq.general/effects.shtml

People like to make equivalency numbers (which will vary a whole lot depending on content, but most rate 1 AC = ~5-10 AC. It being more valuable the higher the mobs levels (mob level and in progression level). Unless! You are at the horizontal asymptote (DI~4). From current knights we know that with current end game mobs that asymptote is significantly beyond 4k ac.

http://www.evilgamer.net/forums/showthr ... vivability

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... stcount=34

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/sh ... stcount=86

Knights seem to put the AC-HP equivalence higher than Warriors which seem to place it at about 4.2 and 7.6 HPS for 1 AC.

To put this in perspective say we 'rate' the AC aug from dreadspire 25AC 25 hps.

Using knights numbers we have about 150(5 val) - 275(10 val) hps equivalence.
If you use the warriors more conservative estimates... 130 (4.2 val) - 215 (7.6) hps equivalence.

There are not many augs in our guilds range that touches that for hp equivalence.

Again slanting towards the higher equivalence towards end game progression and mob level.

The prevailing wisdom I hear (and what I used for my gimp alt) to max mod2's (avoidance shielding parry etc...) have enough HPs to not be one rounded then max AC so you take less damage / less damage spikes and require less healing overall.