Application for 75 Shadowknight, Jarous

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Jarous
Whee!

Application for 75 Shadowknight, Jarous

Postby Jarous » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:58 am

<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Jarous
-Class: Shadow Knight
-Race: Human
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 149
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: Anguish sealed, Dreadspire access, Qvic access, Emp keyed, Seb keyed, done some pop progession though not much.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): I used to have a alt fetish, these days i play 2 characters really but i'll list them all. 74 Mage Anekin, 67 Necro Nostradomis, 62 Monk Johnson, 56 Druid Artolicus, 53 Ranger Iolous, 46 Cleric Jous, 36 Shaman Sajuro. Yup... been playing goin on 8 years...

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) I love to group, soloing really isnt my fancy. Raiding is something I reaaaally enjoy rather if it goes good or bad, its enjoyable. Tradeskilling is something I dread but will do if I have to (aka my 1.5). I love to explore, usually I die in the process but hey, all in good fun. Questing is good, camping said mob for weeks on end can be a bit annoying though.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) I'd love to do anything that improves Jarous so can be helpful to those around him. I'd love to finish my 2.0, see zones ive never seen, break 1,000 aa's, someday even finish my crown of deciet. You know that sense of accomplishment when you get something you've worked so hard to get? Well I feel that way over every little accomplishment x10.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? I play everyday and all day it seems, you'll see why further into the app. :)

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. Unless theres an emergency I should be able to attend 100% no problem.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. About a year ago when my mage was considered my main, I was in Tribal Fury. Unexpected occurances forced me to leave eq for a year and when i came back I started playing my Shadow Knight Jarous and played him ever since, joined Awakened into Darkness where I met Candeys and Larulik both good friends of mine and also apping here. I left there before them because of all the drama and assorted things that run a list to long to name (/tell me if you really wanna know). After leaving there I somehow found myself in Dark Hope, which was run by an old friend of mine. That guild just fell apart however and now im looking for a permenant home that has people I know as well some I can get to know.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: Unguilded at the moment, friend of mine has a guild she said i could join for the guild portal until i find a perminant home but i'll probably just stay unguilded til I find one.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? Throughout the years ive grouped with a couple members, as bad as I am with names I couldnt really tell you. Never raided with you all, however I hear very good things from both Candeys and Larulik.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Theres quite a few specific reasons. First I guess is because my friends from AiD are apping, if your good enough for them then thats reason enough in itself. Secondly you have been around for a long time, I dont want to join another guild that doesnt know their direction or standing that just falls apart in the end because ive been a part of those for far to long, im ready for something perminent if that makes any sense. Third because although ive heard of some of the names in your guild I cant really say I "know" many of you, a chance to meet new people as well still hang with those I do is just something id really enjoy, ya know?!

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? I really just want a perminant home, where I can log on, help in any way I can and have fun doing it. I love to beat around a new mob, or get a new key to this or that zone, putting my next rank in that AA ive been saving for, ect. As far as specific goals go... I want to do what my friends are doing, hope thats not a bad thing.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? Yes Ladies and Gent's I did.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I used to be the assistant manager at a super 8 motel but since my mother fell ill at her old age im now at home being a full time nurse for her. This leaves me a lot of time to play EQ, and its why im on so often.

-Where are you from? Born and raised in Grants Pass, Oregon. Small town though the past 5 years its growing exponentially.

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? If it would be at all possible you bet, sounds like fun.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Dont know if its canadian spelling... Grey.

UPDATE: Got my Sol Ro Tower flag done, one less Efreeti in Western Wastes.
Last edited by Jarous on Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Re: Application for 75 Shadowknight, Jarous

Postby Vitala » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 am

Jarous wrote:-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Dont know if its canadian spelling... Grey.

GREY!! You even spelled it correctly, unlike those weird people who say, 'Gray'. Pfft. Like THAT'S a colour. It's NOT!

Woot. Nice to see your app Jarous. I look forward to seeing you online and hopefully getting to group up! This guild does not have enough SKs. Prolly because Hylea keeps stealing all of mine from me. /runs off, crying.

<cough> Anywho, nice to see such a well-brought up young SK apply. Will look for ya in game!

Vitala
P.S. Uhh, humans can be SK's? I have never seen a human SK. Only lizards (drooool), trolls & darkelfies.
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:30 am

Vitala wrote:Woot. Nice to see your app Jarous. I look forward to seeing you online and hopefully getting to group up! This guild does not have enough SKs. Prolly because Hylea keeps stealing all of mine from me. /runs off, crying.

Buaz, Zyton, Szork, Gronalk, Esutac, Sebulak, Skrul, Aday...Larry, Curly, Moe, Shemp. You can't turn around without bumping into an SK in this guild.

Jarous, if you want to increase your chances of getting tagged I'd recommend re-rolling as a berserker (even though I have no idea what they do) or a beastlord (I'm tired of trying to find Gaator for Spiritual Enlightenment).

If, however, you decide to keep the SK as your main, one more piece of advice: keep your distance from Vitala - she's a lot like absolute power (in that she corrupts absolutely).

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 am

!!!

What did I ever do to you, Erwin? I mean, besides constantly ridiculing you for being a druid, and that's just because... well, you *are* a druid! You should expect it! It's on the character creation screen, for the love of toast!!

"Druid. Peace-loving good-for-nothing (except maybe ports, but even then you're likely to screw it up), loves trees, porting people accidentally right before they get flagged for something by hitting exodus (Praco this means you, mainly), long walks in the moonlight and irritating all the people around you who are actually capable of accomplishing something productive."

(My comments against druids have several exceptions: Lenvardar, Ladysno, & Riggett).

As for all the SKs we have in guild... uh, 8 is still not enough. I'm thinking we maybe boot the druids (except for those aforementioned) and just let more SKs in!!

(I have used extra parenthesis for Bobbert in the creation of this post. Please feel free in joining me to use more parenthesis for his enjoyment!)

((Also, for those of you wondering about letting Jarous see so quickly just how crazy we all are... I figure he's better off seeing what he's in for than hitting him with it after he's tagged.))

P.S. I <3 you Erwin! Even if you are a druid!
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 am

I think we're due for some new app requirements:

"All applicants must be Shadow Knights. Bonus points if you're Iksar."

This is clearly a winning strategy for the guild. Paladins and Druids will be systematically weened out. (Excepting Kaldolur - He is one mean little Dwarf, even if he is a Paladin (and at least the god he worships is respectable (god of beer, right?))).

Jarous, I appreciate that you put some effort into writing your application. We'll see you in game!

(note, this post contains nested parenthesis for Bobbert's enjoyment (he really likes them (no, I mean really)))

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 am

(You guys are my kinda psychotic... and druids? I love druids).

(First character I ever made was Artolicus my 56 druid back before and during Kunark. I stopped playing him cause everytime I got a group people wanted me to leave and port them). ><

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:12 am

Oh nos!

He likes druids!! What kind of Shadowknight ARE you?? Ohhh, I know. You *like* druids. Tasty little snacks, are they? No worries, we have several in guild you can grab up whenever!

My vote will be directly related to how many druids you devour during your app time. /nod.

And Szork is brilliant. Superb. M A G N I F I C E N T. For lizards, 'be all you can be!' means try to be like Szork!!

:)

Vitty

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:32 am

Shhhhhh Vitala... part of my hunting them involves earning their trust. They're fast little critters and I cant hide/sneak so Jarous has to earn their trust.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:37 am

Omg of course!

/slaps forehead

Let me tickle Erwin to distract him while you sneak up behind him. He, being an untrustworthy druid sort, with a very annoying and vastly inflated sense of superiority (witness his rant about tanks being too dumb to read), will EXPECT me to be trying to distract him, and whip around to see if you're behind him, at which point I will hit him over the head with my hammer and we can divide the spoils! It's perfect!

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:25 pm

I'd go read that post but im a tank and thus cant read it. :-)

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Hmm... I always thought Shadowknights were like The Warriors' little brother (with mana 'n stuff).

/shrug

Fibban (aka...BowChikaWow Wow)

P.S. how the heck do I link my Jello in my siggy again???

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:10 pm

A common misconception Dips, the warrior is actually the Shadow Knights little brother. As a Rogue is a Zerker's distant cousin's boyfriend's aunt that never pays attention to the mobs and goes out frolicking with Druids, Rangers and the sort.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:51 pm

Oh crap! Jarous found me.. I better run and hide again!
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:45 pm

Larulik you cant run... im faster than you this has been proven, Unholy Steed is king!

Ive been off for almost a whole day, had to take my mother to the hospital but its all good now. ^_^

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:39 am

hiya jar ; )
nice to see ya app..guess you get an idea what you getting yourself into ; )

will see ya in game

hope your mom is well

Candeys
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:24 am

Ahhh, Thanks for the clarification!

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:38 am

heyy long time no see bro! lol glad to see ur app, i havent been able to log on lately though :(
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:05 am

Laminate OMG!... ya long time no see, log in sometime would be nice to hear from ya!

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:17 pm

So much love for us forest loving Druid and Ranger types. I think us Druids need to take a page from the clerics and read our spell book more from time to time. I see some potential optional healing or exodus for the heck of it coming up--muhhaahhaaa.

Woldar

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:28 pm

You know, Woldar always gives me direskin. He's never been ninja-afk'd either, when I sent tells for it (looks significantly at Praco & Goofydoofy). Well, Goofy's usually got that afk message up "I'm cleaning my crack pipe", but still.

Woldar definitely belongs in the ranks of Lenvardar, Riggett, & Erwin--so good, they are barely druids! I think of them more like little clerics with direskin!!!

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:17 pm

mmm.... little clerics... they could market those.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 am

are they like gummy bears?

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:21 am

Oooh! Gummy bears.....

/wanders off, looking for gummy bears shaped like little clerics.

Hm... would that be similar to cannibalism? I'll have to think on the moral ramifications of my actions. No, no I think I'm ok with it. Gimme!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:50 am

sure you could call it cannibalism

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:05 am

Little green gummy bears sounds good to me. We only taste like pine cones though.

Always happy to hand out dire. I like the idea of little clerics :)

Woldar

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:23 am

pine cone flavoured gummy bears? What evil world do druids inhabit for such things to be reality?

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:36 am

^ They're lovely with root beer. You know, boiled and distilled foraged roots. Yummy! Y'all are just jealous of our l337 health foods.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:42 am

You are right Kahly, the obvious tastyness of health foods explains why Macdonalds does so poorly relative to the wholefoods store :P :lol:

Jarous
Whee!

Postby Jarous » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:28 pm

People people please.... my pockets are big enough for gummy clerics and druids.... along with any other female elven classes.

Dcindria
Whee!

Postby Dcindria » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:44 pm

Just letting ya know Jar I'm jealous...........you have two pages of post :)

*HUGS*
Dc