would like to come home ..

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
mikloftw
Whee!

would like to come home ..

Postby mikloftw » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Hello Gang=) ...Hmm how to begin..Well ill start by saying i miss u guys ..my reasons for leaving was to raid more..i know i didnt do it the right way and i apologize for that..I come back to you all with humility and asking evryone to let me come back home to the family ..Game isnt the same anymore if im not playing with the people i had the most fun with besides ill clean the hall pool for a whole year .. tried a couple of raiding guilds although they r very good in what they do i dont feel any kinship and to me thats important (friend/family.)not much of a writer but i do miss you all and would very much like to be a part of something special and that is Celestial Navigator's Thank you for reading this post and hope to hear from you all ..ill join the cn future channel and will attend raids and groupage... see you all in game =)..

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: would like to come home ..

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 pm

I didn't realize you left until the other day. I can't blame you for wanting to try something else and figuring this is the best. Glad to see you back.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:16 pm

I also found out that you had left in a second hand manner. We have had a few folks leave to raid more, only to have them return (or retire), although none tried to return as quickly as you :)

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:39 pm

sorry that raiding hardcore wasnt a pleasant experience but YAY good to see you back ! will see you soon hun !

HUGS !
Sno

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:41 pm

glad to see u saw the light soon! lol
hope to be groupin with ya more again good times
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:27 pm

Miklo!

http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Set it as your homepage, you know you want to.

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:34 pm

So the whole "leaving the guild on 2 seconds notice for a South Korean guild that you might not have understood, with weird raid times" didn't work out for you?

Odd.

**edited to tone it down

*** edited again to apologize to the people in guild who are friends.

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:16 am

yeah would be great to grp with yall again as well as raid..actually things were going pretty well just some things missing and thats you all =)been playing this game 4yrs give or take.I like to think of myself as a non selfish person ..however i am in a way due to the fact that i want yall back weather or not you all r stuck with meeeee =)and yes thought about leaving game but decided to see if i will be welcomed back with open arms ...I respect those of you who frown down upon my actions and for me coming back so fast well i believe that just shows how much i do miss you all...ohh and as for the fish smell srry bout that i went fishing in natimbi been trying to get that odor out =)...i went in search for somthing i didnt need but thought i wanted and found nothing but confusion and chaos ..now as i leave the land's that i have explored i navigate my way home ,by way of the celestial heavens ...

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:21 am

BIG HUGS TO YOU SNO =)

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 am

I am torn here. Here are my thoughts.

I like you Miklo, I have never know you to be selfish or drama causing or anything negative for that fact. Every single interaction I have personally had with you has been positive. You were an asset and many events were easier and smoother for having you there. Even your 'moving on' thread had no vitriol and I honesty wished you the best and that you would find what you are looking for in the game. That said, I want people to be happy in the guild.

This is my home and my family. I hate when people see my family as a stepping stone guild for something higher. I hate when people look at my family as good enough for now. I hate when people see my family as a weigh point on the way to something 'better'. I want every member to want to be here. I want members to have a strong desire to see the next level of the game, more so to see it with there friends and family at there side.

I cannot determine your intents or your desires in this game and for this guild. If your honest desire is to be part of the family and friends pushing forward as best they can (sometimes dysfunctionaly, ok more than sometimes) then I would be proud to have you at my side again. If your intents are anything else, I hope you will go elsewhere and find what you are looking for.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am

I will point out one thing, he joined Hypoxis Aurea which is actually slightly behind us (just a tiny bit, they have beaten everything but sendaii) and raids 5 or so days a week.

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:40 am

I think Cruz put it very well, but I'll take a moment and add a couple of thoughts of my own.

From my interactions with you in game I think you're a good tank and a good guy Miklo. When you left I was rather shocked; just a bunch of green guildchat text in my chat window (so long, good luck, moving on, blah, blah) and then *poof* you were gone. I thought maybe we were progressing too slowly for your taste and you wanted a guild that was moving faster. I had no problem with that, I wish you would have handled it more tactfully, but whatever, I wished you luck finding a guild that fit you better.

Now here we are a few weeks later and you're back. The good news is your leaving wasn't enough for me to develop a grudge against you (fair disclosure about me: I am good at holding 3 things - beers, boobies, and grudges), so, I'm willing to give you another chance. The thing is, this time around you know what you're getting into. You know what CN is about. You know we raid 3 days a week and progress at our own pace. You know that the quality of people in the guild > the quality of gear worn by their toons. And you know that Goofydoofy has had restraining orders filed against him by goats in 3 different states. If those are the type of things you remember, the type of things you miss, and the type of things you want to be a part of again, then I'll happily welcome you back.

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:38 am

hello again gang..Glad to see the honest remarks ..i must admit ive always been a loner in eq back in vazz server finally found a great guild (valoran ) who latter disbanded and went to a diff game.=(..was with that guild where i progressed in game ..id like to clarify just a few things for you cruz but first i want to say ur a great person and a skillfull player and fun to grp with ..=)..i believe i was demi tob anguish and maybe some more flags while CN with all due respect was still farming sigs i new yall then and often helped with the sig farming =)..i guess it hurts me that anyone would think i would use anyone for personal/ingame advancement ..and u have typed wise words and i respect that..if i were in your shoes looking at what ive done i probably would think the same..i knew what i was doing didnt go about it the right way ..my fault there and i do consider all of you to be good friends and a newly found family who i would love to fight progress and find those goats that put restraining order's on goofy and eat them ..=)....Thank You jhereg im glad u noticed that the guild i chose which btw i was still an app in at the time is lil behind CN but raid just a couple days more...i did however try fantasy awakened was an app there before hypoxis aurea and although i new alot of its members it didnt feel right for me so i withdrew my app and went with hypoxis..at this time i started feeling as if i let the people i came to enjoy my game time with down no secret who they are..You see what i have learned these past couple of weeks is what i came to hate in the past..ok maybe im wandering a bit now lol..is why i shouldnt type i can keep going and going if i typed this much in ga,me grp will be dead and i wouldnt even know.=p.well i picked hypoxis cause they raid a couple more days a week ..they r a good bunch of people once u get passed the language barrier...Hell was even starting to learn some words in korean =/.but all in all i really do miss yall hope you all can take it for what it is ..no hidden agenda on my part for real...ohh and errwin lol see me ingame i may have a spell u will need in the future if u dont already have it..its called second life..yeah i remember the sendaii raid where u died like 5 to 6 times.=D..BTW gang most of what im going thru is probably mental and would be happy if u take me back as just another punch drunk tank who likes to take a beaten..

Merizel
Whee!

Postby Merizel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:42 pm

You should have just told them I got ya drunk and it's all my fault instead of the whole 'I went to join Asshats" excuse Miklo!

C'mere ya big lug. /HUG

Now get busy posting a proper application (again) so that we can take this discussion to where it belongs instead of out here in front of prying eyes.

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:37 pm

I admit I had some "ehhh..." thoughts at first (not because I've ever thought you were anything but a decent guy, but because I always have those thoughts when people want to come back so quickly after leaving fairly abruptly). But I really appreciate the way you've handled and expressed yourself in this thread, Miklo. You've responded with grace, maturity and candor, and I can certainly understand your wanting to come back. (Cuz we're just that good. 8))

I remember your leaving being abrupt, but not offensive in any way. I look forward to seeing you in game, and you should of course feel free to join the app channel and keep an eye out for us in game, and we'll take things from there.

Hope to see you soon!

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Miklo, you have always been helpful and fun to be around. Hopefully you have looked around a lot now and know what you want, either way, I don't think any harm was done leaving last time and you would be a welcome addition again.

Just one suggestion...PARAGRAPHS! It really makes it easier to read your posts when you hit enter occasionally. Other than that, I look forward to seeing a recruiting thread :)

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:39 pm

mikloftw wrote:..i guess it hurts me that anyone would think i would use anyone for personal/ingame advancement ..

Why after disbanding would you continued to log into the Apps channel to find a mage for "X" group or Healer for another? I thought it was a bit odd that after you disbanded for another guild you felt the need to log into our channels to seek help or link your loots.

Look, I am not against you coming back. I two left for another guild once. I learned a lot from that guild, but really really missed CN. While some might not agree with why or how I left I did spend a lot of time thinking about it. Wrote a resignation post, got my ass chewed out in tells from people, had members not return my tells, etc. Then after a while I really really missed it. I slinked back those same officers asking about coming back. I am not going to vote No on you, Miklo. I said my peace I will vote on your ability and our class needs for this guild. Which at this time, going into Demi, require solid tanks. I think you are pretty solid.

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:42 am

Thanks bobb coming from another solid tank such as your self that means alot...would like to tank besides you and the rest of the roughnecks (tanks) in guild ..specially beside my good friend Ashlarus..i know i let all the family down when i decided to leave ..trust me it wasnt without regret..
I am glad that i realized my mistake sooner than latter...after looking at things we (CN)do raid enough ..but now im not interested in raiding anymore period if it isnt with the people ,friends and newly found family who ive come to respect and care about...to be honest its more than just that ..its about helping each other grping ,getting to know eachother's styles and personalities ,likes and dislikes,weaknesses and strength ,which in time becomes a bond that will not be broken ...
Hows that lany for paragraphs?=)..Thank you lanyder ..
To answer ur question about leaving guild for another isnt entirely true.. not true cause i didnt have a set guild in mind at that time...and why not log into app channel ? I never stopped thinking of you all as my friends =)even tho some or most didnt answer my tells .. i have to say that i really really do miss you all hope the feeling is mutual =)..
Good bye for now but not for long..see yall in game

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:49 am

I thought of several things to say, but I got pissed off in another post about another subject and now I'm just going to cut to the chase.

1) I agree with Cruz.
2) I agree with Erwin.
3) I agree with Bobbert.

Contradictory? Not really.

Miklo, you're a good tank and we need you. I like you as a person and respect your abilities as a player. Also, I think you can be a good fit in this guild both with your sweet demeanour & your meat-shield skills.

Having said that, I didn't like how you left, but part of that was because of the effort I made to get you into this guild, including spending days coaching you on how to find the app, explaining the processes of getting into this guild, and trying to find people to help fix the 'getting into the forum' problem you had. I felt like you just threw away a great guild, and I don't care what your reason was. Still, we all have our own paths blah blah blah, and you realised yours might be with us after all, and I respect your decision to try to come back so quickly. So, the end result is I don't have a problem with you coming back, in fact I would welcome your return, with one condition.

I have one serious problem with this whole situation, and that is this: we have a particular style of raiding due to the ideas and strategies of our leaders, and I don't mean just the raid leaders. If you think you know better than they do, (and on some things maybe you do!) then there is a time and place for giving them your opinions. These boards for instance are a great place to express your ideas and thoughts (we even have a segment devoted to that very theme) about raids or anything else. You can also send PM or in game emails or emails through the boards. Telling a raid leader, whoever it might be at the time, how to do or not do something--DURING a raid--is distracting and irritating. Maybe you're not one of those types of tanks (who think they know better than anybody else), but from what I saw in your posts here, you have been ahead of us to places and know, or think you know, more than our leaders about what should be done. I can respect your opinion, but I don't want someone in our guild who is going to pester our leaders into always doing things THEIR way, because they think they know better.

When you're raid leader of this guild, I'll do whatever you say and have a smile on my face while doing it (well, within reason). Until then, I would expect even great tanks like yourself to do what our current leaders tell us to do, and use the appropriate access points such as the boards, etc. to express your opinions if you don't agree or come up with some better way of doing things.

This is just how I feel, given some of the stuff you've said in this thread. Maybe I read you wrong, and if so, I'll apologise. I like you, and hope you find a place in game where you're happy, and I hope that's with us.

Vitala

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:37 am

EHH HUMM (clears throat and swallows )You scare me vitala =)excitingly so..thank you for the compliments of how i play but i still have alot to learn ..learned just the other night believe it or not i can turn off auto ducking ../sigh yeah i know ..THank you tandt for that valuable info,.As far as knowing it all ? far from it just know enough to get by =)

I am sorry szork and jhereg if i was that pesty during the demi raid ,my intentions are good at heart ..
Yes vitty u did help me with how to do the app and find the forum and stuff ,with all that i still couldnt do it..yeah not to bright when it comes to puter kinda of stuff so wasnt that u didnt help just i couldnt do anything with the info given =(. lol hylea had to email me the app and explain to me how to fill out from there,, once that was done i emailed it back to her and she did the rest ..=p.geez never gonna hear the end of this huh...even ashlarus had to step in and help out with that process..

Still dont understand how its done really ,give me a piece of furniture with 1000 pieces i can put that together NP...just not good with it ,thats just me =)

Thanks again Vitty for being honest +)

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:17 am

Don't blame those people Miklo, that rant about distracting during raids was because I was all pissed off about another post, mostly. You can blame Vitty's temper. :P Still! Better make sure you don't do it, Vitty will get you!!! More importantly...

O M G!

It's possible to turn off AUTO-DUCKING?!!?!!

Yay! I had no idea! I HATE it when I accidentally duck. Usually someone ends up dying because I keep hitting my heal gem and the computer says, "You must be standing to cast a spell, you dork."

Haha, thanks Miklo and Tandt!

And ooooo, you can do furniture and stuff! Good tank AND a handyman, watch out ladies, I saw him first!!!!
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 am

There is a button to turn off auto ducking. You can also shrink yourself.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:02 am

Miklo, I'd just like to say how impressed I am by your attitude!

You listened to some criticism with an open mind (SO difficult to do), appreciated others' points-of-view, and really showed us your desire to come back.

I'll be proud to have you back in this guild. :)

Vitty
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:47 am

Thanks vitty would be great to be a part of the family again =)just keeping it real../wink..=)

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:10 am

oh lord
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:10 am

Yes?

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:27 am

please don't let me be misunderstood.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:47 am

I like you Clarence. Always have... always will.

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:13 pm

lmao who is clarence oaklen? hope not clarence thomas .=p.Thats a sweet tune btw,.... OLD FREESTYLE MUSIC..

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:15 pm

200pp to the first person to place that quote~