For Consideration - 75 Cleric

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Stakka
Whee!

For Consideration - 75 Cleric

Postby Stakka » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 pm

Your Main Character

-Name: Stakka
-Class: Cleric
-Race: HE
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 392
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 1329245
-List which keys and flags you have: time/Tacvi/Tipt/CoA (not yet dsk or ToB)

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Trastar 75 Iksar War magelo 904647

A Little Bit About Yourself

A bit of a nomad, I'd have to say. I lived around the country a lot (14 states) been in all 50, traveled the world for my company for years and now, travel the western states for the same place. Seems it's in my blood. On the EQ old side, I'd have to guess, 3 daughters (29,27,13) and actually 4 grandkids(7yrs to 4 months) already (I started early). Only 51 so not retiring anytime too soon. Hardworking dedicated and loyal type but willing to take a few dents when needed to see things done right. Can be hard-headed (I am a man) but been accussed of listening well to all sides of issues and peoples thoughts. Always work to keep a sense of humor about life, particularly when the surprises hit you. Won't bore ya with more.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
The challenges and growth in learning new hits and tactics. The camraderie of some great people I have met through the years. Seeing a guild grow in it's maturity and progression.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) Stakka needs last globe/hit for 2.0, I'm not sure your ever done with AA's though that has been my focus. Stakka was my pocket cleric and my War my main until last guild. Been trying to get him up to useful level ever since. Obviously flagging and progressing in higher end zones as i love the challenge. Trastar is a master fletcher and about 460 AA's but I admit, I find most trade skills extremely tedious. But working on both toons trade skills slow but sure.

I realize app is for Stakka. If accepted, then I may be able to bring my box into guild.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? My playing time varies as my work travel allows. I am on PST. (live in Nevada)

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. Even with tough travel schedule I kept about a 90% attendance rate on 5 night a week raiding. I would expect a minimum of 75% but like raiding, yeah even the backflag hits.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave. Wraiths of Discord is the guild I currently left after a year and a half. There are some serious issues that hurt the guild and as co-class (cleric) leader, I worked the proper way to try to bring the changes that would help the guild grow(only in leader forums). Some things occurred that bothered me deeply and when obvious that promises weren't going to be kept, it was better that I left the guild then disrupt it. I wish them no ill. I do not wish to detail the grief here, but if you need more, i'll discuss with guild officers if asked. You have probably heard from other WoD members you have recently taken in. Before them, I was with TAO (Together as One) for a long time, TAO merged with EA (Eternal Advocate) and after about 6 months it was simply to intense and the tension/screaming every night by gl's simply wasn't fun. I chose to leave the guild. I understand that shortly thereafter EA was disbanded by Sony and most of the leaders moved to another server. It was many months before I chose to join WoD.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? past WoD members or apps are Oaklen/Sevex/Obsidiar and i see Blakfreezer apped. I have had a chance to group with many of CN as of last 2 weeks and the Sunday night raids.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Sev and Oak both told me of their experience here, we shared quite similar views of past guild concerns. The main reason I looked at CN was because of my respect for them as players and good people in general. The general demeanor of the people in CN seemed to be much more relaxed yet still focused. I don't witness a lot of "testosterone" flying every where. Yet people who seem to have a good time and keep there sense of humor.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? I need a home. I do not guild jump. I want to find a great group that enjoy helping each other, and allow me to be useful helping them. My AA count still a bit low as we spent more time bringing new members along than doing the hardcore XP for personal gain. It's worth it to see a guild grow.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? Thoroughly.

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? I install a network application for Chemical Analysis and trouble shoot corporate networks related to it's running properly. I travel to over 90 different companies (almost all Biotech and Pharmaceutical) for all their drug related data. Sorry guys, they don't give me product samples. Demanding job and on call basically 24-7 as a down lab is huge $$$ to them. The good news is, it's a extremely stable product. The bad news is your dealing with 90 different IT staffs who randomly tweak what they shouldn't!

-Where are you from?
As listed above... outer space!

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Would be a privledge if schedule would allow.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) BLEU (see stakka)

Silly
The blond sage

Re: For Consideration - 75 Cleric

Postby Silly » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:59 pm

Great looking application, I love how you even Canadian-style spelled "bleu!" :D I've enjoyed having you around lately (and not just because you've managed to keep me alive in group!!!).

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:52 am

Your application was a pleasure to read, Stakka. I hope to see you around in game! :D

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:53 am

Impressive application. It's great to be able to see the person behind the character come through the written word. You have been a welcome addition to our adventuring so far and I look forward to grouping with you. /salute

"SHORT BEER?! What is that, some kind of joke?!"

Smyrt
Whee!

Postby Smyrt » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:36 am

Contact me in-game for the "over 50 club" secret handshake.

Seriously, it was a pleasure working with you during Vule last night. I look forward to the next time!

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:19 am

Bout damn time amigo :P
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:17 am

Bah only 40 here... Do I have to sit at the kids table again?

This application has complete sentences and no...l33t speek... Are we sure we can handle literate members?

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:51 am

Cruz wrote:Bah only 40 here... Do I have to sit at the kids table again?

This application has complete sentences and no...l33t speek... Are we sure we can handle literate members?

Nobody understands the words coming out your mouth man!
http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Set it as your homepage, you know you want to.

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:47 am

Ok, several interesting things.

One, Stakka seems very cool. Two, omg Cruz you're 40 something?!! And Smyrt is in the 50+ club! OMG, I totally didn't know that. How awesome! I love learning little tidbits about people, heehee. This game is so amazing.

Three, I too am worried about Stakka's obvious intelligence. Can we handle this? We already have Sevex as a new member, we might be over our limit. OH wait, we got Oaklen too, surely that will compensate. :P

*heehee* /runs off before Oaklen can tackle her!

It's great to see you app Stakka! I was really hoping you would. :) Sevex said good things about you, so I wasn't sure what to expect, him being an ebil necro and all, but you seem totally cleric-like. /nod.

(For you non-clerics, don't try to understand that, it's an inside thing).

Vitty

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:01 am

Nice to see your app Stakka; I remember your name from years back on Vazaelle. Looking forward to seeing your rez boxes pop up on my screen in game.

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:14 am

Two, omg Cruz you're 40 something?!!

No something, just 40...please no aging me any faster than is already happening...

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:25 am

Eek, sorry Cruz. May you be backstabbing for many, many years to come!

If it's any consolation, someone (I'm not pointing any fingers but his name starts with S, ends with X and he's an ebil necro) said he thought I was 45 (I'm 32). How do you like them apples? I am going to go delete every picture of me up on the CN website.

*I am using lots of parenthesis when typing because Bobbert likes it!*

Vitty

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:37 pm

I'm 32

32!!! Forget even being at the kids table, you still need a baby sitter nod...youngster...Get Off My Lawn!

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:40 pm

Haha!

/moves Cruz up to number one position on the heal list

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:00 pm

Vitty, Sevex muxt be blind. Next you will trusting Xril's opinion :!:

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:16 pm

Jaffod wrote:Vitty, Sevex muxt be blind. Next you will trusting Xril's opinion :!:

All I ask is that her and her 40+ year old hands, leave me alone.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:30 pm

Wow, some of you are too age sensitive and it's only going to get worse with time...

Good to see your application Stakka.

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm

*heehee* /runs off before Oaklen can tackle her!

....given the fact that he's a Raider's fan, I don't think you have much to worry about.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:06 am

Haha good one Pookie!

/grabs Xrillybean and puts her 32-year-old hands all over him!

/toggles between Trab & Cruz for healing, everyone else is on their own.

It's a good thing Stakka is app'ing, since I'm not healing anyone but Trab & Cruz now! Heehee!

Vitty

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:52 am

Real men wear black and are capable of tackling red headed Priestesses in a single bound I'll have you know. 8)
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>

Monkeying around since 2k

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:12 am

so not raiders then, although being over 50 years old makes you eligable to be a Raider

Stakka
Whee!

Postby Stakka » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:28 am

[quote It's a good thing Stakka is app'ing, since I'm not healing anyone but Trab & Cruz now! Heehee!

Vitty[/quote]

Oaklen told me all I had to do was hand out heal pots at raid start and take a nap! Tanks big enough to not need cleric love.

Uhh Folks, bad timing with my app and I would have waited had I engaged my brain. On this coming Monday, I fly back to Pennsylvannia for the week. Our once a year annual "geek fest" for my eight counter parts across the country. We sit around in a hotel conference room, rip servers apart, belch,fart, use crude humor for a solid week and the worst part, all eight of them uglier than I am. I should be here Saturday and Sunday this week, but each night of this event next week is when the brass try to bribe us to hang on another year. Fancy resturaunts, fancier wine, grand marnier nightcaps, and pump you up talks about how much money we made the company (but of course we never see). The nightly dinners are "mandatory" shy of death. I don't fly home until Friday night. So I do apologize, not good when an App disappears for Tue-Wed raid but no wiggle room here. Back for next Saturday.

Also question: Is their an app guild or someone have an old guild officer in a defunct one I could join during app process? This no guild portal thing can be quite painful. Thanks

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:36 am

two things in response to your last post:

one: what part of PA? (I live in Pittsburgh)

two: I have an alt guild and have tagged some other apps in the past. send me a tell next time you're on and I'll tag you.

Stakka
Whee!

Postby Stakka » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:42 am

Harrisburg.... and thanks !

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:50 am

lol I might ask to fill your alt guild with my alts (unnecessary words added in parentheses for Bobberts enjoyment)

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:34 am

Stakka, I wouldn't worry at all about being AWOL during this time! Woot, great of you to let us know what was up. I like you more all the time. :) Drink some for me, wee!

We'll hold down the heal fort for you until you come back! And by that I mean I will buy some extra heal pots for people. Yay, nap time coming up!

Vitty

Merizel
Whee!

Postby Merizel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Hmmm.... Harrisburg huh?

Pitt or Penn State?

Steelers or the Eagles?

Choose wisely grashopper!

J/K hon :P

Edit: Just had to come back in and say if you are a Cowboys fan... A.) You're in the wrong state. B.) Start running.

rizick
Whee!
Location: from illinois ...cursed in california in the service now

Postby rizick » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:14 am

hi stak been in a raid or two w/ yas already ..always welcome the ones who save my butt ;P .....this is skrul sk and laedaare is my mage will be seeing you more im sure bye for now ;) .... :twisted:
Expert !!!!in ranger gating =)

Stakka
Whee!

Postby Stakka » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:40 pm

Actually a Vikings man, Fran Tarkenton hooked me as a kid. Then ten years living a few miles from the old Foxboro stadium..... going to Patriots games... they year I left 2000, I kept telling my friends in the local pub, soon as we get rid of Bledsoe we can win it all... I move and only a few months until he went down and Brady pulled magic. Someday, a very funny story about the Raiders. I cut off a finger... got it reattached and had an elevator ride with Marcus Allen, Todd Christenson and a bunch of receivers... it will get a smile. Back when the Raiders were in LA and practiced at Oxnard High.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:05 am

I lived a few miles south of Foxborough for about 10 years also, I used to drive past the area on 495 everyday to get to work. One winter day, when the Pats and the Colts were playing, there was only snow in one part of my 70 mile commute - right over the stadium. Which basically proved to me that even nature dislikes Peyton Manning :lol: