Question up front.

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Stakka
Whee!

Question up front.

Postby Stakka » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:13 pm

Hi folks,

I am searching for a new guild and was very pleased with what I saw and how people handle themselves. I do intend to be there Saturday night as well. I will tag along with two other guilds a few raids to be sure I make the best choice, but CN was great experience. Before I waste your time in apping however, I need to be sure your OK with job/travel issue I endure. I travel to all the western states to almost 90 different customer sites and sometimes simply can't leave their site becuase its 5:00. Nature of my work.

For the past year and a half in my old guild, I kept a 90% attendance rate and most of the time I am there at the beginning of the raid, but there are nights that circumstance will dictate I can only get there as soon as I can. Old guild 5:30 PM start time (PST) this one at 5:00 so all I could do is try to be in as soon as possible. It would never be out of disrespect for the guild. Just RL work conditions.

Simply would want to be sure this wouldn't be upsetting to existing leaders or set bad precednece for other guildmates. If it would be to big of a hinderance, i understand.

Please let me know your thought, see you saturday and I will wrap up my quick other guild visiits and app hopefully within the week.

Stakka / Dennis

Ommina
Whee!

Re: Question up front.

Postby Ommina » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:58 pm

Ya know, my biggest worry isn't that you had to ask the question, it's that there are actually guilds out there would would have issues with people having, jobs, and stuff, making the question necessary in the first place.

(I also worry about run-on sentences. Apparently not enough though.)

So, from our perspective, it just isn't an issue. You need to take care of work and RL first. The banner (in zones where it works) makes catching up after the fact dramatically easier than it once was.

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday!

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:20 am

I like the way you go about looking for a guild. I wish more applicants would take the time to figure out if we're right for them before they just dump a one-word-answer application off.

I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:47 am

I haven't showed up for a raid in like.. well, a long time due to RL and school. So far, they haven't kicked me out yet! That's one of the things I love about the people in this guild, they understand that what you're doing in RL has to take precedence over the game, and then they welcome you back when you are able to be there, with no repurcussions.

:love4: for CN

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:48 am

I've been missing raids left and right for school and work and they are cool about it. You couldn't find a better place because everyone puts family and real life first over making a quota on attendence. I haven't been on a raid since the 11th and I'm lucky when I have enough of a chance to even get into game worry free. And you know what? They are all cool with it.
http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Set it as your homepage, you know you want to.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:58 am

we are a family guild that raids as opposed to a raid guild that, well raids I guess. We often have people that vanish for whatever reason, our raid leader even went awol recently not sure what his excuse was :P .

I would guess that showing up to raids lets you see who we are and allows you to meet more people than you would in a casual group setting, but really you could app to us, never raid, and get to know us by doing other content and still get into CN if you are a 'good peep' :)

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:12 am

Raid or not, it is up to you. There are no requirements for attendance.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:40 am

our raid leader even went awol recently not sure what his excuse was

Hahahah, that "marriage" thing and all. Jeez what an excuse. :lol:

Yeah, the others summed it up pretty good Stakka. We have a pretty good "core" of people with great raid attendance, but we do understand RL comes first. Despite not having any required attendance, we still manage to have great attendance. Most of our raids are 45 (including bots) - 54 (without bots). We are a DKP guild, so you get loot directly proportionate to how much you are able to attend.

The thing I love best about this guild is that by not having strict job-like requirements, it keeps the fun in the game. However, despite only raiding a few days a week, and our relaxed atmosphere, we still manage to push along pretty well :D How many other real "family" guilds out there do you know that have beat Overlord Mata Muram, all the mobs to Demiplane, some Sverag & ToB ickies, you name it! Okay it appears I have a bit of pride for the guild, but I really do :) A lot of the people I grew up with in EQ are still playing and are still in this guild. That really makes it home for me.

Edit - Oh yeah!! And I agree with Szork 100%.

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:47 am

Stakka,

I understand why you asked this question. Both of us came from a mandatory raiding environment where attendance was tracked, if you were online you had to raid, etc. Taking a week vacation could result in costing you a month of bidding. That's not fun to me.

My enjoyment factor has skyrocketed simply because I know if I had a hard day at work, or I want to watch "300", etc - I won't be punished for a month when I don't log in.

I would love to have you join CN because I know the type of person you are. I also know you were/are a hardcore raider.

Stakka
Whee!

Postby Stakka » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi all and thanks,

A world of difference in what I'm used to. Sev summed it up pretty well. I never worried about Sev though. It was Oaklen alwys worried me. Guy would run out, grab 3, 4 or 10 mobs... trian em on the guild and then lay down and take a nap in front of them. Thought being a puller gave him extra time off or somethin'. We'll never fix him. Too much habit by now.

I must admit years of intense mandated raiding have worn me thin. Not looking for that and the more I hear of CN and the way you work... well, it does sound good. Three (and a fun night) a week sounds like I get some real life back.

My job, keeping me on the road, works well with your nights as a whole lot cheaper playing EQ than "exploring the town" wherever I may be that week. Monday's and Friday's tough anyways because I'm usually on a plane. Ok, promised myself trials, still 2 guilds to go. But thinking you all got something real good here. Fair warned! You may be stuck with me a long while if you consider my app.... just that sort of person.

Merizel
Whee!

Postby Merizel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:24 pm

Spins up BTO - You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet!

If Oaklens' pulling scares ya... run very far and as fast as you can!

Speaking as one of those who disappears and returns 6 months later and is afraid to say "hey" sometimes... you just inquired to joining to one of the best damn guilds EVER!

Raids?! WTF cares?!

I hear Asshats raids 50 hours a week!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:54 pm

Hah, who let Meri into the guild keg room by herself?

Merizel
Whee!

Postby Merizel » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Let me in? the door was unlocked and wide open... i swear!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:16 am

I still have not watched the asshats thing all the way through

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:19 am

"....I'm sick of the aggravation I've been getting latley. When we were raiding Plane of Wendys the other week, I was only afk for like 4 hours, and they were like "hello? You're our main assist, hello?" and I told them all to STFU and they have been ***holes to me ever since, that's discrimination I tell you!"

Bwahaha, I've watched it about 3 times and it still makes me laugh. I think best part is when Mary goes to afk because she left her kids in the car, then she remembers that she doesn't have any kids.

Okay maybe I need more humor in my life...

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:21 am

So, umm, what class is this guy?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:49 pm

cleric?