73 Druid Application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Erwin
Whee!

73 Druid Application

Postby Erwin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am

Name: Erwin Anodyne
Class: Druid
Race: Halfling
Level: 73
Number of AAs: 245
Magelo Number (if you have one):
List which keys and flags you have: EP, PoEb, Time, KT, Ikkinz

List your alts on this server (name, level, class): Arto - Level 59 Warrior / Dawes - Level 47 Monk. A couple of others under level 30 that I never play.

A Little Bit About Yourself

What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

When it comes to me, it's pretty much all about being uber (is that term still used?). I like running around newbie zones nuking fire beetles for 3K damage so that everyone knows I'm a badass.

Having been gone from the game for so long I realize that there's a lot of catching up for me to do to get back to my rightful place on top of the food chain. Just know that I'm willing to step on however many Rangers' necks as it takes to get there (especially rangers named Nerple).

Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

See above. No, actually, I don't have too many goals. I came back to EQ because I simply got the itch to play again. I don't have the time nor the desire to be in a true raiding guild, but I'd still like to have a group of people around me to group with and experience things that I can't do solo.

At the same time, by not having any goals, I imagine I'll be a pretty good guildmate. Need help with an epic hit? Looking to camp a certain drop? Need a druid's assistance because we are, by far, the best class in the entire game? Well, lucky for you, I've got no plans. Just looking to have some fun and check out some of the new things in the game since I've left.

When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

Well normally I don't play at all as I've been retired for 2 years; but as of last Friday I've been playing for an hour or two in the evenings - whenever I get a chance. I live in California - pacific time.

CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.

I get home from work during the week at 5:30 PST (8:30 EST); I figure I could make raids at least one of those two weeknights. Saturdays are up in the air depending on what my weekend plans are, but if I'm online I'll definitely attend any raid that's taking place. Figure 51%.

Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.

Epic Shadows: My first guild, seems like ages ago, had a great time there and became an officer before we disbanded. I see some fellow ES alums among your ranks (Galarina, Balzzodar, Smawl, Lendias, Marah, and soon maybe Nerple /rude).

Eye of the Deceiver: The only raiding guild I was ever a part of - was a member until my retirement. Started with them in Luclin (Ssra, Emp, VT) and was there throughout the EPs, Time, and some of GoD. Retired shortly after OoW was released. They were a good group of people and I had a lot of fun with them. Alas, the guild is no more.

If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:

None of my toons carry a guild tag at the moment.

Your Experience with CN

It was during my time in EotD that I came to know the old guard of CN (from before the merger) - ah the "alliance" days. Some of my fondest EQ memories are from those marathon Vex Thal plows we held together, beating Rallos Zek for the first time, and breaking into the EPs.

CN, as I remember it, is a collection of good folks. People who understand that EQ is just a game and that real life comes first. At the same time, I've seen that y'all know how to band together and beat the type of encounters that some hard-core raiding guilds like to hang their hats on.

Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?

I know, or should I say knew, quite a few of you once upon a time. I have no idea if the same folks still play these toons, but here's who I remember: starting off with the alliance heal channel - Silly, Teory, Geekjoker, Baelea, Goldraven, Samane - then, Szork, Jhereg, Kahlyla, Kaldolur, Bobbert, Ashlarus, and Lachaise. As well as the aforementioned Epic Shadows folks.

Oh and Goofydoofy - but just from him offering up free foraged food and water (I personally like to horde mine).

Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

You guys seem like the best fit for me. As I said earlier, I'm not interested in a guild that has raiding as their #1 focus; I can't guarantee a high attendance. However, I would like to get back to raiding on a part-time basis, a couple of nights a week.

Then there's the familiarity CN brings. Perhaps this metaphor will explain it best:

Back in the alliance days I had a girlfriend (EotD) who we'll call Eye. She and you (who we'll call Celeste) were friends and the 3 of us hung out together quite a bit. Still, I'm a dude, so I was checking you out the whole time - girlfriend or not. You were definitely hot and had I not been with someone I would have been all over you.

Anyway, the two of you lost touch as friends sometimes do. Eye and I continued to date and things were going well. Then, after a while, I just got tired of her. Tired of the nagging, tired of the whining (about me not showing up for raids), and tired of her burning my dinner - she was an awful cook. So we broke it off and she's dead now (to me at least). I was celibate for a while, I just wasn't ready for another woman (guild) in my life. That was until...

You and I ran into each other at a John Mayer concert a few years down the line. I was back in the game, looking for that special someone, and along came Celeste, a woman I thought I might never see again. You and I exchanged smiles, said hello, and there was a spark; butterflies in my stomach. I'd like to think you felt it too. It wasn't anything I'd planned it was just...fate I guess.

During the show I glanced over at you every now and then remembering immediately why I'd found you so attractive all those years ago. And as ol' John busted out his pop hit "Your Body is a Wonderland," I snuck one more glance at you, your hips swaying just so, and I thought , "Your body may, in fact, be a wonderland. And I damn sure would like to find out."

God I love metaphors.

Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yep and yep.

Optional Info

What do you do in real life?

Production manager for a magazine publisher.

Where are you from?

San Francisco, CA

[Edited to show level 73 and additional AA's.]
Last edited by Erwin on Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:18 pm

What's this? A sign of the apocalypse?

Hey Erwin. How have you been?

Bring back Frankk and Svarien wiith you. That would shake things up a bit.

By the way, you'll be happy to know that Mayer reference sent a jolt into my head resmbling something slightly more painful than an aneurism.

Bobb

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:30 pm

my guild was at a John Mayer concert? Just wrong!

ironically it was an EoTD member that got me to re-app to CN when I was guildless (plus I had to stop Lachiase nagging like the little Pally he is).

As for Alliance raids I recall "Teh stairs are Ebil"

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:43 pm

Bobbert wrote:What's this? A sign of the apocalypse?

Hey Erwin. How have you been?

Bring back Frankk and Svarien wiith you. That would shake things up a bit.

By the way, you'll be happy to know that Mayer reference sent a jolt into my head resmbling something slightly more painful than an aneurism.

Bobb

Things have been well. Or maybe I should say things were well until I decided to buy the Anniversary edition of EQ and install it on my computer. Now things may go straight down the toilet - but I'm hoping for the best.

I think I should make it clear that I do not, did not, and will not ever be a fan of John Mayer. Why I chose him for my little metaphor is something that will likely only be divulged with the help of extensive psychotherapy.

As for Alliance raids I recall "Teh stairs are Ebil"

As do I. It provided a great excuse for our first 17 wipes on the script.

Post wipe:

You have entered the Plane of Tranquility

"Hey, what happened?"

"Somebody must have gone on the stairs."

Edit: I'd just like to point out that I've been a member on this here forum since October of 2004. I figure that should give me some serious street cred.

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Erwin!! ..Good to see you bro, Man it has been awhile! good to see your name here .. a few of old ESer's are still around. the name ya missed on yer list was Blizzy (AKA: Soulls). Smawl, Marah, Lendias and Galarina (it seems of late) have retired :cry: Did see Lendias a short time ago for a few days we chatted a bit.

Nerple was in ES? I did not know that!

Man I remember grouping with you and Buchalter .. and um that beasty cant recall his name, he went to EoTD with you, and a few others (im sure Gala was there too) groupin in Plane of nightmare kiteing trees lol I was always freakin out cuz a wipe could happen at any moment! I think we were all around 50 to 60 at the time. /sigh the good old days.

Eye of the Deceiver: The only raiding guild I was ever a part of

Hey what you mean? only!! we raided in ES!! like the hole and NtoV! :lol: :lol:

I hope they hurry and put the poll up so I can put my yes vote in!

And who is john mayer? Wait I'm prolly better off not knowing.
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:36 pm

Just let it be known I shall be killing Erwin every chance I get. Expect a lot of trains, flaming arrows, and Ling Stew.

When you say Alliance I thought you meant Epic Shadows, Jinxed, Walkers, Wardens and Dipshit's Guild.

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:18 pm

Balzzy:

Glad to see you're still around

Blizz is playing again? That's awesome. Does he still play the monk or just a necro? I'll have to look for him. We had some good times together.

I remember the ES NToV and Kael raids. I didn't call us a raiding guild because we'd spend 5 hours in those places and come out of it with 2 or 3 armor drops. We weren't what you'd call efficient. We did get to watch Blizz die about a dozen times a night though which never became dull.

Nerple:

Wow, I had almost forgotten about the original alliance. That's going waaaay back.

As for your threats...just like a ranger: they talk tough, yet die alone, embarassed, and ashamed. Just like your Red Sox did last night against my Oakland A's. Chavez with a walk-off in the 11th inning - and yes, I was there for it.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:32 pm

Yeah Nipple that was The Alliance - we were talking about the alliance between eotd and CN :p (I am not mentioning the previous alliance CN was in)

I have to say my fav moment was on an RZ raid when Ophidion was punted out of Tactics by RZ into Plane of Sky where he was promptly DT'd by the Spiroc Lord - much hilarity at that in the Shammy channel.

Thanks Erwin, it is good to recall fun stuff:)

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:37 pm

I had considered going out to Oakland for it, I have a friend in Berkley, but never materialized. As it was a stayed up 2am last night, and have no problem that the Sox lost after drawing Haren right after a a cross country trip being forced to play a night game for ESPN the ngiht before.

But just like Tandt found out, I don't die. I kill lings.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:39 pm

Ophidion. Sigh. I was guilded with him in Tribal Fury. Amusing times. EoD was a hardcore raiding guild. Although we are a raiding guild, we aren't like them. Hopefully you will prefer our style over hardcore.

The only thing hardcore in this guild is my Internet viewing.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:54 pm

Balzzodar wrote:Nerple was in ES? I did not know that!

It's in my app thread! You should read it, it has all sorts of good stuff like why Lings are evil and must die.

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:17 pm

You are apping Nerple? i thought you were just app channel lurking ..
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Facebook

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:29 am

Balzzodar wrote:You are apping Nerple? i thought you were just app channel lurking ..

I'm just here to kill your Lings and Trab, pay no attention to me.

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:51 am

Ahh. Clarification is good ..

Facebook

smawl
Whee!

Postby smawl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:37 pm

smawl is NOT retired, just on loan to blizzarrd/soulls until he gets me to 75 !!!

I said I wouldn't play again until hell froze over, but seeing Erwin around might mean it's getting mighty cold out :)

either way Erwin is good people, tag him now.
FINALLY... after many long years... DING 65...

...whadda ya mean they raised the limit to 70???

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=763807

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:21 pm

You Slacker Smawl! get back here! the gang is all coming back .. we just need Gala and a few more and we could kite PoN again!
:lol:

Facebook

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:01 am

Balz, PoN is still way outta your league!

Start someplace lower like Karana.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:53 pm

Goofy .. i would come to Karana but you always have it camped.

Facebook

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:55 pm

too many animals in the Karana's - Goofy love heaven

Buchalter
Whee!

Postby Buchalter » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:11 pm

Any guild that would invite Erwin, Nerple and Smawl is just asking for trouble. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Has Nerple kicked that nasty /lick habit yet??

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:40 pm

I have not seen him do that in a while - does not mean he has stopped though

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:23 pm

Buch! why am I not surprised to see you in here! when are you gonna quit that inferior game and come back to EQ?!

Facebook

Buchalter
Whee!

Postby Buchalter » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:45 pm

I'd come back, but it seems that Nerple has already applied for the job of "Gimp Ranger" in CN! :twisted:

Balzzodar

Postby Balzzodar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:03 pm

Theres always room for anotha Gimp Ranga ..

Facebook

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:23 am

Buchalter wrote:I'd come back, but it seems that Nerple has already applied for the job of "Gimp Ranger" in CN! :twisted:

Hey Buch! You should definitely come back - EQ Anniversary costs $19.99, gives you all of the expansions, and you get a free 1-month subscription. Not to mention you'd get to hang out with me again.

Erwin
Whee!

Postby Erwin » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:23 am

Hit level 73 yesterday. Also, with help from Bobbert and Cruz (thanks again guys), have 5 of my 7 signets done. Just WoS and RSS to go.

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 am

Get with me tonight or tomorrow after raid. We can knock those other two off pretty quickly if the Named mobs cooperate. Not a whole lot planned for tonight, but you never know what might fall into my lap.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:06 am

you never know what might fall into my lap.

umm sure

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 pm

with help from Bobbert and Cruz (thanks again guys)

Make me help him get the hard one Bobbert. I hate that sewers one...perhaps if I had some skill at boxing it would be easier.