73* Beastlord

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Azkasm
Whee!

73* Beastlord

Postby Azkasm » Tue May 29, 2007 5:33 pm

-Name: Azkasm
-Class: Beastlord
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 72
-Number of AAs: 282 with many spent in dumb places.
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: Time, Txevu, Dreadspire

Missing Catacombs Signets that I've been trying to get with Zady's alt and another friends alt. I have done a few DoN raids but for the life of me couldn't tell you which one at the moment. Did one of the DoD raids, but forgot because it was over a year ago.

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Pdor - 38 Druid

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
The social bonding, the grouping and the raiding. To a lesser extent tradeskills because more often then not I'm banging my head after losing a combine for 10 minutes in my bank. I like knowing that after a hard day of school/work there will be something to help me relax by beating the life out of animated pixels while conversing with a group of friends.
One other thing I miss is actually seeing something for the first time and knowing we are going to spend the next week working and trying to overcome it. I was a strange one in that I liked doing backflags because they became easier and easier and I knew I was helping repay my debt in my flagging.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
Short term is to catch up on the year plus and 3 expansions I have missed and to improve my gear and AAs just a little to survive most single rounds from group content.
Longterm is to be once again desireable in group settings and to have a steady set of friends that I know will call on me when I am able to help.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I can play most Monday nights, should be open all Tuesday Nights and Thursdays. (Eastern) Some Wednesdays I will be on between 1pm and 4pm before I go to work.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
Tuesdays are no problem for me, Wednesdays I work from 5-11pm and the weekends are family time which means I don't use the comuter on most weekends.
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Guardians of the Throne - Extreme personal reasons.
Malum Ordo - More or less folded
Unbroken Bonds - Guild Leader insulted me in open chat because I had to miss a raid for personal reasons.
Sequel - I couldn't cut the mustard with so many raid nights and instead of tucking my tail in when an officer verbally attacked me in open chat, I fired back.

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
In a friends alt guild so I have access to the guild hall.

Your Experience with CN
Here and there I have grouped with them over the years and participated in some of the PoP pickup raids in the past. Tried to join in the past but it was always overcrowded and I never heard back on the application.

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I have known Zady since her main was Anielle when we where in Guardians. I also have known Addrianis and Caramonn from those days as well when we where doing Solosek Ro Tower groups and such in other zones.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
The first time I heard of CN the name just stuck in my head. Out of every guild I have seen, this name has always been my favorite. Now I want to join because of what CN is and the fact that they aren't mandatory on the raids. Family first is an ideal lost in the last few guilds I have been in and most of those I feel like an outsider who dosn't know anyone. Here I know 3 people and have known them for an extended time period.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
To join a group of people with a like mind and similar ingame and out of game ambitions. I hope to find a place to call a home away from home.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yes

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
Full time student at Florida Atlantic University majoring in Exercise Science.

-Where are you from?
South Florida (Between Ft. Lauderdale and West Palm Beach)

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
Not for me, tried it a few times and didn't like it.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Blue and Green. Its the color I see when I look out my window on a sunny day and is there year round.

Update 6/9
Got the Sewers signet earlier in the week.
Last edited by Azkasm on Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
http://www.cuteoverload.com/

Set it as your homepage, you know you want to.

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue May 29, 2007 7:29 pm

Hi Azkasm,

Nice to see you app!

Now.. what the heck is Exercise Science? Is that like physical therapy or what?
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Addrianis
Whee!

Postby Addrianis » Tue May 29, 2007 9:52 pm

Hey hun /wave

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 am

Zady wrote:Hi Azkasm,

Nice to see you app!

Now.. what the heck is Exercise Science? Is that like physical therapy or what?

Physical therapy, injury prevention for sports teams or if I want to take it further sports medicine if I ever want to.

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Wed May 30, 2007 4:06 am

Addrianis wrote:Hey hun /wave

Hey Addi how is the family?

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 am

Just updating, hit level 72 with help from Miklo, Bassline, Skrul, Serinae and I think Tbagz wizard?

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:37 am

Yay! Congrats on the level :D
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey, I just read your app and noticed you needed sewers and catacombs sigs. I wish I read it a week ago since I farmed it last weekend. Send me a tell on the weekends sometime and I'll help you get them, if you still need them.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Addrianis
Whee!

Postby Addrianis » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:15 pm

Sorry I hadn't responded to this sooner sweety, but the family is good, Lori(our daughter) is on an all day field trip with her class today YAY :twisted:
She will be at the school at about 8pm our time, and we have to be there to pick her up, I expect to have one sleepy child when she gets home, hehe

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:33 am

Goofydoofy wrote:Hey, I just read your app and noticed you needed sewers and catacombs sigs. I wish I read it a week ago since I farmed it last weekend. Send me a tell on the weekends sometime and I'll help you get them, if you still need them.

Sorry forgot to update that, I'm just needing Catacombs now. Sewers was amazingly lucky, mob popped after 1st PH and then 2nd one Popped on the next round for Seri's sig. Weekends are out for me unfortunately.

Addi, I missed those day trips in school. Think my last actual field trip was 8th grade when we went to the Magic Kingdom and 3 of us got lost and walked in circles.

I had to carry someone elses shift last week so this entire week I'm off so I'll be playing the afternoons Monday-Thursday.

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Now halfway through 73.

Quick question, not been showing up on the CNP, should I send a pm to Jhereg or Szork?

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:21 am

You don't earn dkp until you become a member.

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:30 am

Tardar wrote:You don't earn dkp until you become a member.

Actually, that isn't true.

Apps seem to earn the CNP as well.

Four more recent examples:

Nelson has been earning our CNP since November 2006 with (Applicant) listed as his status.
Miklo since early June (before he was tagged).
Erwin since early June.
Brelly since mid-May.

And to answer Azkasm's question.. I personally have no idea who takes care of that sort of stuff, sorry.
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:44 am

Apps are not supposed to earn CNP before they are tagged. Sometimes, depending on how the attendance was parsed, they get accidentally added. Thanks for pointing this out Zady; we'll look into it.

Azkasm
Whee!

Postby Azkasm » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:11 am

Good to know, reason I was asking was when I checked the raids that I had missed to see what was done I saw other apps listed.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:00 pm

I have looked & those apps didn't earn for all hits. When I input CNP that I manually remove all apps except in special cases. But Szork is right, sometimes they do accidentally get in there.