1 hell of a Warrior App

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Dubba Dragonheart
Whee!

1 hell of a Warrior App

Postby Dubba Dragonheart » Wed May 23, 2007 5:24 pm

<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Dubba Dragonheart
-Class: Warrior
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 355
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: lost track of them but ill try (Hole key .. Time flagged .. Tipt... Qvic ... ToB .... and most of the other little keys.... im a warrior my mind is going .. sry

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Budesan Ranger 33
Magickiller Necro 28
Wangoz Shammy 26
Woobagooba Wizzy 13
A Little Bit About Yourself im 38 yrs old i LOVE this game use to play D&D and AD&D for many years then an old friend turned me onto this game
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) i LOVE EVERYTHING about this game i love my friends i have made over the years and even more love meeting new 1's i love to raid .. i love grps ... i even love to solo as a Warrior to see what i can do (its an EGO thing )

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
short term goal None

long term to grow with friends and have LOTS and LOTS of fun
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? i'm EST .... and im sure most of u know me ... im on all the time

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
99.9 as RL lets me ..... but i'm sure u all see me on 99.9% of the time ( I LOVE THIS GAME )
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Claws of Night ( long ago not sure why )
Order of the DivineDragon ( wanted more then they were doing at that time )Unbroken Bonds ( was just the right choise at time ) and Tenet ( i left EQ for month or so and things and feelings changed i guess

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: no

Your Experience with CN always Great ( nothing ever wrong between CN and myself ) .....i hope

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
i bet i know 50% of guild .... and i'm sure you all know me ... not clear if i raided with ya's but have been in MANY CN grps
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Lots and Lots of Good friends in CN ..... and u been around 4 eva
Vortecks
Truthseeker
Richardraul
Eria
Gwenalyne
Aeutherp
Goofydoofy
Baelea
Drachess
Izzumn
and i know alot more .... but they know who they are so u know u there too. and i know alot i think might not be in CN so ??

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
a membership and more friends ... ( anything els is 2nd to me
-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? i have and i do

Optional Info HIGH EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-What do you do in real life?
i work in sheetmetal as a Pressbrake opp.
-Where are you from?
Marlboro Mass
-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Oh Ya !!!!!!!

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)Purple
Last edited by Dubba Dragonheart on Fri May 25, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HIGHEVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed May 23, 2007 5:41 pm

ok a couple of things

you were in Claws of Night - did you know a guy called Orbs?

You live in Marlboro, MA - OMG I used to work there, lived in Clinton

Dubba Dragonheart
Whee!

Postby Dubba Dragonheart » Wed May 23, 2007 5:46 pm

yes i remember Orbs .. we were good friends back then .... 8)

Vortecks
Whee!

Postby Vortecks » Wed May 23, 2007 6:20 pm

Hey Dubba!!!

About time you app'd

I think you will find a nice home in CN!!
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Thu May 24, 2007 5:35 am

Jaff, I thought you lived near New Bedford?

And I always preferred the Marlborough spelling to Marlboro, just like Middleborough over Middleboro, or Foxborough over Foxboro.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu May 24, 2007 6:01 pm

I used to live in Somerset (near Fall River:p) and worked in Marlborough. After my family situation changed I moved to Clinton (then to WI and now OH)

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Thu May 24, 2007 7:06 pm

Ahh alright, I know Somerset, but just being close to Fall River is dirty dirty!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri May 25, 2007 1:44 am

I agree, plus I don't speak any portuguese so it was tough to do anything around there. New Bedford is not exactly a great place either though

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Fri May 25, 2007 4:38 am

New Bedford is way worse than Fall River, but they are more tragically amusing.

Dubba Dragonheart
Whee!

Re: 75 Warrior App.

Postby Dubba Dragonheart » Fri May 25, 2007 6:45 pm

Dubba Dragonheart wrote:<center>Application for Membership - Outline</center>

Your Main Character

-Name: Dubba Dragonheart
-Class: Warrior
-Race: Barbarian
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 355
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: lost track of them but ill try (Hole key .. Time flagged .. Tipt... Qvic ... ToB .... and most of the other little keys.... im a warrior my mind is going .. sry

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
Budesan Ranger 33
Magickiller Necro 28
Wangoz Shammy 26
Woobagooba Wizzy 13
A Little Bit About Yourself im 38 yrs old i LOVE this game use to play D&D and AD&D for many years then an old friend turned me onto this game
-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) i LOVE EVERYTHING about this game i love my friends i have made over the years and even more love meeting new 1's i love to raid .. i love grps ... i even love to solo as a Warrior to see what i can do (its an EGO thing )

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
short term goal None

long term to grow with friends and have LOTS and LOTS of fun
-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? i'm EST .... and im sure most of u know me ... im on all the time

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
99.9 as RL lets me ..... but i'm sure u all see me on 99.9% of the time ( I LOVE THIS GAME )
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
Claws of Night ( long ago not sure why )
Order of the DivineDragon ( wanted more then they were doing at that time )Unbroken Bonds ( was just the right choise at time ) and Tenet ( i left EQ for month or so and things and feelings changed i guess

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain: no

Your Experience with CN always Great ( nothing ever wrong between CN and myself ) .....i hope

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
i bet i know 50% of guild .... and i'm sure you all know me ... not clear if i raided with ya's but have been in MANY CN grps
-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Lots and Lots of Good friends in CN ..... and u been around 4 eva
Vortecks
Truthseeker
Richardraul
Eria
Gwenalyne
Aeutherp
Goofydoofy
Baelea
Drachess
Izzumn
and i know alot more .... but they know who they are so u know u there too. and i know alot i think might not be in CN so ??

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
a membership and more friends ... ( anything els is 2nd to me
-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? i have and i do

Optional Info HIGH EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-What do you do in real life?
i work in sheetmetal as a Pressbrake opp.
-Where are you from?
Marlboro Mass
-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Oh Ya !!!!!!!

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)Purple

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat May 26, 2007 5:01 am

hah, I'm guessing Dubba didn't like you guys derailing his app post :lol:
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Nerple
Whee!

Postby Nerple » Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 am

I don't get "HIGH EVERYONE" :(

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat May 26, 2007 9:49 am

who would derail some poor guys app? (keeps his post active ;) )

Nerple, I am in the position of having to agree with your assesment of Fallrive and New Beige

Addrianis
Whee!

Postby Addrianis » Sat May 26, 2007 9:33 pm

Nerple that is his usual greeting to everyone, as in HI everyone and yes I have known Dubba for a while

Dubba Dragonheart
Whee!

Postby Dubba Dragonheart » Sun May 27, 2007 4:28 pm

sorry to waste your time, I have to drop app . found new home
thanks.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sun May 27, 2007 9:57 pm

Thank you Dubba, you'd be surprised how many don't come back and post things like that.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon May 28, 2007 4:22 am

enjoy your new guild

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Mon May 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Well that was short but sweet 2 days as an app? or was it 4? I wonder what the shortest app was an hour? :lol:
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Aeutherp
Whee!

Postby Aeutherp » Mon May 28, 2007 2:53 pm

Am I the only one not surprised by this?

Dubba Dragonheart
Whee!

Postby Dubba Dragonheart » Tue May 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Surprised ...... was looking for input on app .... not for it to be used as chat area ..... CN has been around as long as i have been playing EQ,
NEVER once have i ever herd anything negative about your guild.
i have Many good friends there and thought it would be a great place to call home. so any ill feelings u may have cause i dropped app .. should be left alone .
again i'm sorry to waste any of your time .

Dubba Dragonheart

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Tue May 29, 2007 2:24 pm

Well you know Dubba if it were my app I would rather have people just randomly chatting on my thread to keep it alive than for it to sit gathering dust with no one looking at it .. the more your name comes up the more people are able to recognize you and ask you to group an such. as for my short but sweet comment, I only speak the truth, I think my app process took a month or so .. i think the shortest app is about 2 weeks. I think its a bare minimum of a week before a poll is even set up. I have even seen it take up to a month. For someone that has been waiting as long as you have been I would think you would wait longer than 4 days to get an invite. our app process is long, I agree, but its that way for good reason, so we can weed out the people that join then leave after 2 weeks because they cant get guild groups 5 minutes after they log on. or bring drama to the guild.
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue May 29, 2007 3:51 pm

my postcount and title indicate my ability to ramble on any thread, never had anybody comment when it keeps their app post at the top of the list /shrug

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue May 29, 2007 5:11 pm

Maybe the 4 days had nothing to do with dropping the app. Maybe he got a better deal. Maybe he joined some other friends. Maybe he started his own guild. Did he say, "Since its been 4 days and I haven't been invited, I am dropped the app."?

I'm not sure I would want alot of unrelated chit chat in my thread either. I think eventually it takes away from the whole purpose why the thread was started. After about 20 meaningless posts, people ask, "Who is Dubba?"

When people look to join a guild, I think they would go for the best. As he stated, he has never heard anything bad about CN, so here he apped. But, some people don't like being without a guild or having to sit around and wonder for weeks or months what the deal is. He apparently was one of those. Or, he just wanted to try another guild, now. We get em often. No biggie.

I know I almost dropped my app from CN twice because of having no guild and going elsewhere. But, I stuck with it. Wasn't easy though. Only he will know if dropping the app so soon for another guild was the right move. Maybe we'll see him app again. Hopefully people won't hold it against him he decided to try something else instead, this time.

Or maybe the major lack of sleep in the last two days because of a massive tooth ache has caused me to ramble off unrelated, meaningless shit. I am in to much pain to know.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server