oneknights "zethora's" App

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Oneknight
Whee!

oneknights "zethora's" App

Postby Oneknight » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:34 pm

Application for Membership - Outline

Your Main Character

-Name: Zethora
-Class: Cleric
-Race: HE
-Level: 70
-Number of AAs: 89
-Magelo Number (if you have one):
-List which keys and flags you have: Trakanon Idol, Tower of Frozen Shadow 1, talisman of thunderous foyer, Enchanted Ring of tordan

-List your alts on this server (name, level, class): (oneknight, 69, ranger) (ghostkeeper, 61, necro) (scrachez 33 shaman )

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) what got me hooked and is keeping me hooked on EQ is a mixture of exploring, grouping and what got me to enjoy trade skills is my shaman

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) My goal for my cleric is to be in the top 10 clerics for the server and I know I need a good raiding guild for that. I want my cleric to be a go to toon for not just my own guild but when other guilds are looking for assistance. Being part of a guild is awesome but building allies is good for all as well.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Time zone is MST – Arizona, I usually play between 6p and 12a Arizona time and weekends are always open.

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend. I want to be there for the raids 100% but I know real life has to come first so I would say 80%

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
Sweetsurender – still have lower toons with them.. friends still have lower toons as well good starting guild. I will always be part of Sweetsurender

Mystic Misfits – gave them a try but didn’t like how people were treated in the guild but still help them out when they need it.

Aeon Overloards – currently with them but membership is going bad mainly because the Guild leader boxes 5 to 6 toons and more out for himself and not building people in the guild.

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us? I know Nuketose aka Tbagz and have grouped with others in you guild and the groups have been awesome. I have had a history with Nuketose and it’s all good.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? I want to get my toon better and looking to be stronger. Looking to better my toon and you guild looks to be one I can help and can help me.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild? Friends, to get build my toon, have fun and play with a guild that works together.

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? No, says sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this form

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life? Work for Cox Communication

-Where are you from? Phx Arizona

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America? Sure and I will be at the EQ gathering in Las Vegas this August.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling) Green

Thank you and look forward to raiding with you all.
frlopez@cox.net
oneknight aka Zethora
Frank

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:02 pm

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them? No, says sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this form

Looks like the problem has been fixed - probably some permission changes in an effort to cut down on the automated spam in this forum.

Try viewtopic.php?t=277 and see how it goes. (I just did from a different machine and it worked, so it should, in theory, be OK for others as well)

And hello!

Tbagz
Whee!

Postby Tbagz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:25 pm

WOOT .. glad you finally got your app in!! read up on what ya can.. i will help with what i can for flags and the fun stuff :D

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:57 am

Vegas was last August - is Toronto this July

Zady
Whee!

Re: oneknights "zethora's" App

Postby Zady » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:05 am

Hi Zethora,

Oneknight wrote:My goal for my cleric is to be in the top 10 clerics for the server and I know I need a good raiding guild for that.

If that is indeed your goal, then we are probably not the guild for you.
CN is not a "raiding" guild, and I personally hope we never become one. EQ Players has our highest CN cleric listed for mana at #72 on our server. It's a far cry from what you posted you are looking for in a guild, I'm afraid.

If I misinterpreted what you wrote, then you have my apologies.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:46 am

Zady, CN is a raiding guild just as much as CC ever was. I think the distinction is very vague.
If she raids every day CN raids and gets the CNP etc I beleive she could get very close to that goal in CN.

Vortecks
Whee!

Postby Vortecks » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:21 am

I don't know if you have noticed, but we are a Raiding guild..

We are not a Hardcore Raiding guild, 5-7 times a week with mandatory attendance type guild but we do raid.

I don't know if top 10 is doable in the near future, but getting 13-14k mana pool could easily be done in CN. Demi-plane is just around the corner!!
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:55 am

Vortecks wrote:I don't know if you have noticed, but we are a Raiding guild..

We are not a Hardcore Raiding guild, 5-7 times a week with mandatory attendance type guild but we do raid.

I don't know if top 10 is doable in the near future, but getting 13-14k mana pool could easily be done in CN. Demi-plane is just around the corner!!

Actually the description given to me was Family Guild first and foremost. We have just accomplished a lot while raiding and progressed pretty darn well for that description. However, it doesn't change what and who we are. Our highest cleric as of April 24th, 8am PST is #69 on the eqplayers listing. Cleric is one of the hardest scales to climb because there are so many....that cleric nears 15k+ raid buffed mana pool. It was also one who attended EVERY raid up until recently(within the last couple weeks). Where I think one person can grow quite a bit in our guild and make great friends doing it....I do not think ours is the best to reach for a goal of making the top ten.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:23 am

Well, I think of us as some sort of Hybrid guild. We are a family raiding guild and taking best of both worlds in.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 am

69 must be serverwide Xril, not on this server :)

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:50 am

I was told the same information as Xril, and believe the same as Cicak.

I think the term Hardcore applies to what I don't want us to become. I don't want mandatory raiding, I don't want it to consume every moment of my EQ play time. I have no problems with how we are moving forward as a guild, I rather like our pace of progression.

As for the app, sure he/she can gear up better with us since apparently he/she has no flags and has never been to the zones we regularly raid. My point was that if he/she wants to be in a raiding guild ( and I guess I assumed the term Hardcore in there) that we aren't it. We're not going to be up there in the top ten because it seems we will always be a couple (or more) expansions behind the hardcore raiders. ( The exception would be a former hardcore raider top ten that semi-retires and joins CN ). :D

The hardocre raiding guilds that require attendance, and progress as the expansions come out... That's who will dominate the top ten lists.

I just wanted to make sure the App knew what kind of guild we are and still want in for the long haul. Not just see us as maybe a stepping stone to the top ten.
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:15 am

I prefer to think of us as a panty raiding guild.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:25 am

Panty Raiders would be a great app guild name! It was my old hordesides guild name in wow, but it got taken away by some whiner reporting it. :cry: Prolly the alliance butts they were kicking.

/derail off

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:49 pm

I recall that guild

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:50 pm

Siderius wrote:69 must be serverwide Xril, not on this server :)

That's for our server only. Check it out sometime, there are tons of clerics :p
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Vortecks
Whee!

Postby Vortecks » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:36 am

It is better to aim at perfection and miss, than to aim at imperfection and hit it
Thomas Watson (1874 - 1956)

I think it is a good idea to have high goals. I have set soo many lofty goals while with CN that I thought I would never ever get to, but I have. Hitting 20k, 21K, 22K hps.... 3.3K, 3.4k, 3.5k AC... I thought i would never hit those numbers, but now I see them everyday raid buffed.

Who knows, maybe CN isn't the right guild for him, but we won't know until we see how he plays and interacts with the members of our family.

If his aspirations are to be top 10 in his class, it won't happen in CN, those positions are held for the hard core or end game raiding guilds players.
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:58 am

It depends on how you figure the rankings. You see, I am the #1 Druid on the server. But, that is just in my head. So, as you can see, it is all how you look at it.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:52 pm

Is this where I'm supposed to ask Goofy to double check which finger that person in his head was waving at him?
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm

I hope our little discussion here didnt scare Zethora away :)

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:06 am

Discussion? You mean thread hijack? :lol:

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Hi Zethora,

I notice today that you are now in Displaced. Did you decide to join them instead of app with us?
Kattia - 73 Berserker