Application for Tarjei 75 bst (aka Siderius)

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Application for Tarjei 75 bst (aka Siderius)

Postby Siderius » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:19 pm

Application for Membership - Outline

Your Main Character

-Name: Tarjei
-Class: Beastlord
-Race: Iksar
-Level: 75
-Number of AAs: 603 + 4
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 666907
-List which keys and flags you have:
  • Key to Charasis
  • Shrine Key
  • Key of Veeshan
  • Tower of Frozen Shadows: 7
  • Talisman of Thunderous Foyer
  • You can pass freely throught the barrier surrounding Qvic
  • Chiper of Veeshan
  • You can safely enter Anguish, the Fallen Palace
  • Dreadspire - Access granted
  • Demi-Plane of Blood - Access Granted
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Defeated Emperor Draygun
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Council of Nine Defeated
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Queen Sendaii Defeated
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Queen Sendaii Defeated
  • Depths of Darkhollow - Matriarch Shyra Defeated
  • Depths of Darkhollow Bloodeye Defeated
  • Dreadspire - Access to Lower Spire Granted
  • Sverag - Gained access to Razorhorn, Tower of Sullon Zek
  • Depths of Darkhollow - You have been formally invited as a guest to Dreadspire
  • Flags and comments
  • Have handin for Sleeper Key in bank somwhere
  • Have some lower pop flags, and fake time access item
  • Beaten Fenin Ro for pofire access
  • Have Twisted Harmonic Chime
  • If I forgot to mention any, Ill update it later
-List your alts on this server (name, level, class):
  • Siderius - 75 Gnome Wizard; 1548AA (seperate account)
  • Patita - 63 Ranger 30AA(same as Sids account)
  • Sidicide - 47 berzerker(same as tarjei)
  • Sidmule - 11 bazaar mule monk(same as Tarjei)

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) Well this has changed alot during my time in EQ, at first exploring was really fun, I leveled slowly and explored (died) alot, I soloed alot. Then I joined CN and learned to raid and got alot of guild groups so I started liking that best. Until I wanted a guild which raided euro times and I left CN for CC. After 2years of raiding with them it got the feeling of a job more than something fun. Now CC broke up and I am enjoying being "soft" again hehe. I still like to raid once in a while tho so 3 times a week should be perfect (well your raids start at 2am my time, but who cares when the ppl are fun :))
I never liked tradeskilling but did it anyway... gogo Coldain shawl and being only tinker in guild.
Questing can be fun, but I only start a quest if I know the end result, there is too many hardish quests in EQ which gives items you never really want when you can complete them hehe.
I am also abit tired of a new expansion every so often. But well until the last one I bought them all hehe.
Now I think I like to group most, challenging grouping killing stuff that is hard and we nearly wipe, surviving pulling 20 yellow con mobs etc. (And ofcourse my favorite thing in EQ is testing Artarians mezzing skill pulling several mobs some of which is immune to mezzes /grin)

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I have epic 2.0 atm, and max level and a good bunch of AA. Ill keep doing tradeskills on Siderius since he has alot already.
My goals for this character is to upgrade some of the worse off items with either quested TSS armor or something, to get better balance of focuses. This has been my twink and only gotten items others didnt want so lacking abit here and there.
Maybe also group anguish mini's to fill up some of the worse augs.
There is nothing I really really burn for atm. So just relaxing and enjoy playing.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
My time zone is CET (central euro time) which is like est + 6hours I think. Meaning raids starting 8pm est, begins 2am cet :)
I think I am not alone in this time, I think Artarian and maybe Twoofus is on same timezone? and one more?

-CN generally raids Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 8 pm Eastern Time. Raiding is not required, but we would like to know what % of raids you think you will attend.
At the time of writing this it is hard to know how often I will be able to attend. All those days are fine to be up late, I only have classes on Thursday but starting late so staying up late on wendsday should be ok. Ill try to keep one or two every week, hopefully all 3.
But I mentioned to Jhereg before posting this app that being raids start so late for me it might be I cannot make so many.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a member of and why you chose to leave.
I have been in three guilds, well four but one doesnt count :)
I was in Sleepless Knights on Fenin Ro for like a week or so, I left for military service and couldnt play that year (mandatory for all boys in norway) When I got back I didnt have the tag anymore.
I joined CN later after I had made Sid on Innoruuk server and leveled him up there and xfered naked to Vazaelle. (because real Tareji a RL friend started his toon on Vaz at the time).

I was in CN for a long time, nearly 2 years I think. When CN was allied with EotD and we did many kills up to Elementals.
I was in CC up till now, CC was a euro guild and had alot more ppl on at euro times. However CC wasnt able to keep enough ppl who raided eurotime so CC broke down, and those having CC tag atm only has it until they decide what to do next.
And one of my twinks was in Bloody Knights of Vazaelle for a short time while leveling up. This one doesnt really count tho :)

-If you are still a member in another guild, please explain:
I do still wear CC tag as I post this app. I do this to have access to Guildhall until it is decided if this app is accepted.
I normally wouldnt keep tag while apping to another guild, but since CC is no more I didnt think it would do any harm.
(I will remove it asap if it is neccesary)

Your Experience with CN

-Which members of CN do you know? Have you had a chance to raid or group with us?
I have had plenty of chances to raid with you, specially from Ssra, VT and pop. But also been in on other raids such as an MPG trial, several Epic raids and Relic dragons. Some Qvic flag raids I know.
I have also raided with a few of you on CC's open anguish raids and other targets.

I feel I have had good contact with CN even after I left. I know so many I dont think I should list them all up ( I would eventually end up missing some of them and maybe offend them :))

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

Actually there is a specific reason, one being I was in CN for a long time before I left and I still know alot of ppl there. I choose CN over Dark Wind on AB (where most of the other CC went) becuase I would like the option to raid, but not having to raid every single day.

This will hopefully also help me on my Master Thesis and other school subjects I am taking this semester. By giving me more time to school stuffs

-Tell us what your goals are for applying. What do you hope to get out of the guild?
I dont really plan to get much out of the guild. Mostly I plan on playing with friends. And being allowed to be softcore, without being yelled at.

Joining some raids tho and getting a couple of upgrades for Tarjei wouldnt be a bad thing :)

-Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yes ofcourse. Ill do as Jhereg says always :)

Optional Info

-What do you do in real life?
I am studying at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (tho if you change it to Norwegian University of Technology and Science its abbrevated NUTS whcih fits better :)) (and a second point to make University in norway isnt the same as College in US, Høgskole is the same as College. University is the same as University ofcourse hehe.)
I am studying under the Institue for Computer Science and information technology(IDI)
Specializing on Artificial Intelligence and Genetic Algorithm's (basically using the principles behind natural evolution in computers to solve complex problems. Which would be hard or impossible to solve with regular algorithms.)

-Where are you from?
Norway - Yes mostly ppl are stupid and big mouthed here in norway.
Artarian is exempt from this, he doesnt really speak at all usually.

-Norways capital is Oslo, and we have 4.6million citizens (yes smaller than many of your cities )

-Would you consider traveling to attend annual CN gatherings at various places in North America?
I would consider it, but a ticket to US from norway is not cheap. I cannot make any promises on this. Tho I would love to meet alot of you.

-What is your favourite colour? (with Canadian spelling)
Secrets are better left secrets!!! OK then ... its Blue :)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:38 am

Eww masters thesis, I did one of those once - total waste of my time.

btw green for the win /nod

Oh you said
Have you read the CN Rules and Policies and understand them?

Yes ofcourse. Ill do as Jhereg says always

You know that really means 'do what Silly says always' right? Don't make a lizard have to sleep on the couch!

Artarian
Whee!

Postby Artarian » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:37 am

Sleepless Knights... i stil remember those days.... one of the oldest stil living guilds in the game actuly....
specialy remember one event in Kithicore..... sid got so drunk that he couldnt do a thing /grin

Bout time u reap sid /nod.... now i wil finaly have somone to talk Norwegian to in Guildchat again to confuse the rest....
Artarian Annatar
75 Enchanter
Celestial Navigater

Windir Likferd
52 Rogue
Celestial Navigators

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:52 am

gOOD TO SEE YOU ARE COMING BACK sID! .. OMG I HATE CAPS LOCK HAHA
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:52 pm

The thought of having to do what Silly says too, are you trying to get me to retract my app Jaff? :P hehe

And Artarian we can now restart teaching Silly some more norwegian :)

And Balzzodar its going to be good to get some nuke songs and overhaste stuff hehe.

It was fun doing anguish with you on Saturday!

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:12 am

Ha! So you are bringing an alt in after all! Gotcha! /snag
Good to see the app, man!

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:10 am

Siderius!

It's about time, though I'm very sad to hear about CC. I am happy you are coming to CN. I may not know you as well as most, but I am definitely glad to see you choose to take a more casual route and hook up with us.

Boo at Master's Thesis!
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:39 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

/Klemmer!