Pompus Application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Pompus
Whee!

Pompus Application

Postby Pompus » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:32 pm

-Name: Pompus Beguyler

-Class: Enchanter

-Level: 73

-How many AAs? 70ish

-Magelo Number (if you have one): No

-Is this character a main or an alt? Main

-List which keys and flags you have.
-None atm but I'm dedicated to getting which ever I need

-Do you have a clicky buff item?
-I think I've got one, not worth braggin about though

-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item?
-Yes, I've also got the spell and fish scales are cheap :)

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?
- It is a challenge
- Other than Healer and Tank it is important (depending on the group)

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
-I've been on few raids but have enjoyed them
-I like to explore the content, I paid to see it so I'd like to see it :)
-Grouping is prefered over soloing, Paper tank.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?
-Generally LFG trying to gain more Exp, build up AAs or find some better gear :)

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
- I'm slowly working on my epic
- I would like to get to lvl 75 asap
- Would love to get some keys/flags
- Would like to be able to tank a Nest mission like artarian :)

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
-EST time zone
-I normally play 4pm till as late as 12 (week nights)
-Saturday morning till at least 3pm

-Please list your alts on this server (just names).
-Ro, Wrapid, Trolammer... only ones worth mentioning

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.
-Tenet
-They are a great group but I feel as though I'm ready to move on to a guild that had a greater potential :)

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.
-Tenet
-Guild Leader isn't online atm, would like to tell him personally that I plan to leave before I just.. poof

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.
-Raid, Oct 4 .. forget the name
-Been to Ice, Dire, 69.1, helped with BiC, Several nests, Duo'd with Seperoth in MPG, Think thats all.
-Terranya, Twoofus, Goofydoofy, Seperoth, Jhereg, Szork, Tradar, Artarian, Maxximas, sungsem, torrizt, fibban. I think thats everyone, if I misspelled your name or forgot to add you, i apologize in advance.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
-I've grouped with several of you and your a great group, I also like the fact that you raid casually and it isn't mandatory, I've got a girlfriend so that takes away form my playing time significantly.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?
-Well my goals for applying are to, uhhh join the guild :)
-would like to get to know everyone better
-I how to improve the way I play my class by placing myself in more challenging situations

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes, I understand and agree

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:44 pm

I've got a girlfriend so that takes away form my playing time significantly.

Get one that plays EQ /nod :)

Pompus
Whee!

Postby Pompus » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:13 pm

Lol, I tried....she didn't like the idea :(

Pompus
Whee!

Postby Pompus » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:47 pm

Hello CN,

I am sorry to inform you that I've lied about who I am. Many of you may know me as Roawr or Rendus' friend. Well, I do not actually know Rendus nor have I spoken with him. I purchased Roawr from an anonymous website. When buying this character, I was told that it had a spotless reputation. I was very suprised to find that this character was known, still guilded and everyone was calling me Ren. So I went with it for a couple days thinking that I would disban from the guild shortly and that would be that. I ended up grouping with some of you and I became attached to CN. So I thought the easiest way was to fabricate some story about Rendus, that he had quit EQ and left me in charge of his beastlord. I did this because I thought it would be easier than telling the truth which is that I bought Roawr. I really just didn't want any of you to think that I was some ebaying noob who knew nothing of the game. I understand if your upset with me for my lies. The best I can do is apologize for my wrong doings and hope that you may forgive me. My application still stands but I understand if several of you vote no. I really enjoyed my stay with CN and hope that I can further get to know you all one way or another.

My Sencerest Apologies,
Pompus Beguyler

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:55 pm

I forgive you. I might do the same thing if I bought a toon and found myself among good people in a good guild. Then again, I lie everyday. Hell, everybody lies at one point or another. Takes a good person to apologize and ask for forgivness.

I know people who have talked good about you. Hopefully the rest will give you a chance.

You are only 18 anyway. You don't know any better. At least that would have been my excuse!
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Personally I'm stunned that Goody is so forgiving on this but to each his own. As far as I'm concerned you lied to us all from day one and represented yourself as a friend of someone we've all know for a long time. You also lied to one of our guild officers and represented yourself as Rendus himself. While I can't blame you for finding CN to be a great guild, the way you went about trying to become a member makes this an automatic no vote for me, not now, not ever!! I sincerely hope that's the case for the vast majority of the rest of the guild.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Bae and I aquired a toon from her cousin, when I logged the toon on it was still guilded - in Walkers. This was my guild for about a year at one time and I had many friends there - however I deguilded instantly as this is the correct thing to do - without even saying hi.

Many folks here aquired toons from various sources, so the fact that you bought a box toon is not going to damn you, however you actions with that boxed toon surely will.

:(

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:04 am

I do not blame you for keeping silent and soaking up the game with a guild tag. What I find condemning is that you actually then made up a lie and deceived the family about it. Then you let people talk to you thinking you were someone else.

If you would have just come clean at that point and posted/talked to everyone it would have changed this whole story.

And Goofy, I dont believe you would have done the same.

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:46 am

I don't care for lying about who you were... but frankly, I always found that parable about the man in the glass house in the Bible particularly striking.

I grouped with you once. I thought you were Rendus, but you never actually lied to me about it... I just assumed. The only one you lied to has already said they aren't holding it against you (Szork I believe, not sure if you said something to Jhereg too), so how can I?

I am ASTOUNDED at your adroit apology, and the courage it took to still want to apply to CN. I will be voting yes to your app, as soon as the poll is up. Good luck to you Pomp, and shoot me a tell for grouping anytime.

Vitty
Last edited by Vitala on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:40 am

Hello Pompus, i have not grouped with you as of yet , but i must speak my feelings here... 1. this isnt the first time this has happened to our guild where a toon was aquired and tried to play off as being the original owner that people knew... 2. you are young but not THAT young to know you surely wouldnt get away with it.. and 3. that you came forth to tell the guild the truth and that you still want to join us ...

Most of us can be forgiving people ... some will never.. knowing that you are still app'n very much surprises me because IF you are guilded, some will ban grouping with you even after the appoligy... its a high standard of CN to be totally caring about a guildie ...

IMO .. you should do what the other person did that deceaved us did and walk away from CN to another family guild with a clean start ... being honest and open welcomes good feelings.. dishonest and appoligies brings a doubtful feeling of trust ...

Good Luck in your decisions and your future
Sno

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:14 am

I look forward to meeting you and grouping with you sometime. It would be nice to actually get to know what you are like as a person and not just base a decision on one action. CN has had apps closed for almost a year and it is hard to get in now because of that. One mistake like this certainly isn't going to help.

Anyway, no serious harm done on my part and I will be happy to group with you. Now, if only we can figure out something for 2 enchanters to do!