Nyrial, 70 enchanter re-app

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Nyrial
Whee!

Nyrial, 70 enchanter re-app

Postby Nyrial » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:33 am

Ok, I'd like to begin with a disclaimer:

**DISCLAIMER**
I promise I can read (as in recruitment freeze). However, under the penalty of extreme tickles, I am being forced to not pay attention to posts above, and post an app.

The Basics

-Name: Nyrial De'Mairi
-Class: Enchanter
-Level: 70
-How many AAs? 149
-Magelo Number (if you have one): 990797, quick link : Nyr's magelo
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main, sometimes
-List which keys and flags you have. Been so long I don't remember, so I'll have to get back to you on this one. What's on my magelo is not complete.
-Do you have a clicky buff item? A couple
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes

A Little Bit About Yourself

I'm just back from a year off playing WoW, so the controls are rather baffling to me again.
-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class? In as briefly as possible, I'm something of a control freak, I like to be in control of my surroundings, maybe even bend some minds.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ?
(For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc) I've always enjoyed grouping with good friends the most. Now that I'm back, I'd like to see a lot of the content that I've missed, which is a great deal.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like? I'm still reestablishing that, if it looks anything like what it did before, I log on between 8 and 9 est time, see what kind of group can be put together, ponder how much trouble I can cause, and wreak some havoc.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc) With the upcojming expansion I'll obviously be looking to get to 75, pick a lot more aa up along the way, see some of the content that I paid Sony for, but never fully got to enjoy (DoD, DoN mostly), maybe slip some PoP content in, never saw much of that either.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone? Eastern, after 8 pr 9pm at night, but I can be on during the day sometimes too.

-Please list your alts on this server (just names). Mtiny, Mairia, Emyleen

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave. Wow, first guild ever was Lords of Dragons, I remember some drama, but it was a long time ago. Then I was guildless for a long time, and I joined Dawn of Sovreignty, they were already falling in members when I joined, but eventually there was more drama, and I left about 4 months before Sony closed the guild due to lack of open accounts. My most current eq guild, and the one I considered to have my closest friends was Clan Breathnach, again, declining numbers due to WoW and EQ2, but I went over and played WoW with them till they all went to the dark(er) side that is the horde.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. Nope, definitely not in any eq guilds.

Your Experience with CN

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember. My old pals from CBN (Esutac, Ommina, Der and Drach, everyone else who I don't know is here etc..), troublemakers, the lot of them! I raided with you all last night, and I appreciate your infinate patience with me, as most of my time was spent sending tells to Esutac, asking him how the heck I open this window, what the heck zone are these people talking about? As well as basically relearning controls. I probably shouldn't have thrown myself into a raid situation so fast.

-Why are you applying to CN?
Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild? Again, the old troublemakers from Clan, I miss you guys. I'm also under the influence of tickles, which I go to great lengths to avoid. Seriously though, I want to see the content, and I want to do that with people that understand that I have outside responsibilities, and know that I really was good at this once, I'm just out of practice.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded? Well, I might actually raid :D Haven't done it a lot in EQ, I want to see things I haven't seen before (going back to that content thing) I would like to be able to use my rusty skills to benefit more people than just my core group, and maybe have more fun with the game this time.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Most certainly, but if I break them, it's still Kelci's fault.

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:19 pm

It was great having you with us last night, milady. Rusty or not, you contributed quite well to the group and the raid. (and don't worry about that "which button/which window" thing -- that still happens to all of us from time to time, most just aren't willing to admit it ;))

I do have one question regarding your app. You mention...
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main, sometimes

Does this mean you have another character that you would play as much or even more than Nyrial? I'm curious because we do have several guilded enchanters, but there are very few that are played consistantly as true main characters.

Again, great to see your application - and I will look for the honor of grouping with you again soon! /salute

"SHORT BEER?! What is that, some kind of joke?!"

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Ahh, to clear that up.

Nyrial is my main character that I can do the most with, and would be using the most, but on occasion I tend to get bored and fart around a bit on my warrior, Mtiny. For those three or four days spans I'm more than happy to get on the enchanter if needed, but I like alts, I like to make alts, and i like to delete alts. It still always comes back to my enchanter.

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:10 pm

Nice to see your app nyrial :) welcome back to eq
Derdarr aka Falartieon <lords of dragon's>

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 am

This made me laugh

I joined Dawn of Sovreignty, they were already falling in members when I joined, but eventually there was more drama

Not sure you were there at any time I was but as a former DoS officer the only thing that guild had was drama. There had been a whole bunch before I joined and a whole bunch during and two days before I deguilded the then guildleader and 75% of the officers deguilded leaving Missleman (now Missle) and Sherala in charge. I left and followed the exodus to their guild and the rest is history :p. I still cannot take Missle or Sherala seriously lol

Anyway, nice to see your app and I am sure I will see you around :)

esutac
GSKCHA

Postby esutac » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Hey Nyrial :D

*ticklestorm*

Good to see you again. Hope to group with ya soon :P

-Esu the CookieMonster (the Third)
Journeyman Fisherman Esutac Nemrakta of Vazelle: Proud ScourgeKnight of the Navigators

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:53 pm

Hello Nyrial Look forward to seeing you in the Mezz channel! will be nice to chat with someone who responds .. hey wait no one responds to me in any channels /cry No respect for the bards I guess or is it just me? 8) oh well hope to see you around!!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:25 am

You've been a pleasure to chat with and I hope to see more of you in the future :) Always good to see old friends of longtime members too! :toothy4:

Silly

Freya
Whee!

Postby Freya » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:54 am

NYRIAL!!!!!
Woot another good one from CBN! I am loving it! Great to seeyou apping (even if it was under threat of tickles). I can't wait to get to play with you a bit more. Always a pleasant one for sure.
Do-da Do-da....

Landias
Whee!

Postby Landias » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:30 pm

Balzzodar wrote:will be nice to chat with someone who responds .. hey wait no one responds to me in any channels /cry No respect for the bards I guess or is it just me?

It's just you, slacker. :twisted:

<Landias>

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:45 am

Wow so many nice things to say :) I feel special

*pauses for the short bus jokes*

My apologies for not being on more this week, its finals, and I'm pressed (stressed?) for time. With any luck after this weekend I'll be able to get to know more of you better.

See you in game.