Gruub - Reborn

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!
Gruub
Whee!

Gruub - Reborn

Postby Gruub » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:55 am

Hullo again all, my original app is just below...pretty much everything remains the same except I have 300+ aa's currently. I was called to duty after Katrina, to LA to help run a mobile Pharmacy for peeps there who needed medications. ( I am a Walgreens manager =p) I just returned to EQ about a month ago and have settled comfortably back into playing enough that I would like to start raiding and questing again. =) I realize apps are currently closed, but I am more than willing to raid as a guest, get reacquainted with you all again, or even accept a tag and not acquire any raid points until recruiting is open. As always I am not after gear and uberness, just good fun groups, quests, and would like to see dodh. Long live trolls and see you all in game soon.

-Name Gruub
-Class Beastlord
-Level 70
-Is this character a main or an alt? Main
-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes
-List which keys and flags you have. Seb, Charsis and SolRo Tower
-Do you have a clicky buff item? Not yet

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?
I love the versatility of a beastlord. The ability to solo while lfg, slowing, off tanking, buffing (especially SA) and straight dps.

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)
I enjoy grouping and questing the most. OoW tier one armor was fun questing, epics, etc. Raids are fun and it is great to see new game content for sure, however i am not a hardcore raider. One to two raids per week would be my max.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now.
My character is fairly new, I made him last November 2004. So I have been totally exping and now AA'ing for the most part. I got my loyalist faction and all tier one armor less the BP and Legs. I also finished my epic in my 50's. Currently I am AA'ing, hunting signets, and trying to get my lvl 70 spells. =) DoN has also been a great expansion for me, they are fun, short, and I love instanced zones.

-What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?
Look for a friend or two and either join or put together a DoN or MPG group.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)
I would like to finish my anguish key, need to reach the 200 aa goal I set (currently at 80 aa's), PoP progression, and GoD trials. I am a fairly relaxed player, I enjoy grouping with friends and guildies and working on things/quests together. I dont really enjoy pick up groups or soloing, but I love soloing til I find a good group of friends.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?
I live in FL, EST. I normally play after 6pm EST, but will be on during daytime hours this summer while I am off from work (teacher).

-Please list your alts on Vazaelle (just names).
I came from Morden Rasp to Povar to Maelin. I do have a level 67 cleric alt(Gruul) and a 66 wizard alt(Thaelson)
-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.
I was in Dun Caric on Morden Rasp, but it disbanded with the merger.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why.
Not Guilded

Your Experience with CN
Just exp groups

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.
I grouped with Unikyte and Camireno in BoT this morning. We played for a few hours today and chatted about CN.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?
I am a mature player with a wife and 3 children who just enjoys casually playing with other similar players. As I chatted today with Unikyte and Camireno I got a very good feeling about CN. I want a guild where people support each other, play together, quest and tradeskill together and above all else respect each other in game and in RL. As I read your web page after talking with them I became more and more encouraged that CN is exaxtly what I am looking for.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?
I hope to get friends out of the guild, no more, no less. I dont play to get uber equipment, or show off to others. I just enjoy the time with friends and relaxing.

CN Rules and Policies - Required Reading for all Applicants
-I have read the Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No)
Yes

Feel free to include any other info you think we should be aware of. Thanks!
I think I have been fairly clear what type of player I am and what type of guild I am looking for. I look forward to grouping with some of you soon in game and hopefully the "fit" will be as great as I think it will be!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:04 am

Glad to see your back.

Score me some meds!
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

tuiaanen
Whee!

Postby tuiaanen » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:13 pm

Good to see ya back, Gruub!

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:18 pm

Welcome back Gruub !! Was wondering what happened to ya)

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:11 am

As I chatted today with Unikyte and Camireno I got a very good feeling about CN.

Hehe, well he met some of the good ones. He'd still be smarting from the 15th rez if it'd been Teory and Lachaise as his cleric and paladin :)

I bet you never knew when you went into the pharmacy business that you'd enlisted in the service but we're glad you did - we had a few guildies displaced (some still are) by Katrina so appreciate the work you did and I'm sure we can find something for ya to do!
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:11 am

Since I am often clueless, lol, I do not remember Grubb applying the first time around. Last night was my very first time (or remembered) grouping with Grubb. We spend some time doing DoN creator and RSS. While knowing our current recurring process is closed, I couldn’t help but needing to make my post.

GRUBB IS AMAZING!  Not only he chain pulled well, off tanked adds, off healed tank when clerics died, he was also extremely nice to his follow groupmates. I had lesson of the devoted 20 minutes left after we finished our creator mission, Grubb along with other groupmates, stayed and chained pulled to max out my experience. He was very on top of things, very competent, and totally pleasant to be around.

Like he said on his app post, he is more than willing to wait while raiding/grouping with us as a guest with no CNP just CN loving.  I anticipate seeing him a lot during our raids and I highly recommend you all to group with him.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:58 am

Gruub you've been nothing but polite & pleasant to be around. Considering your circumstances and that you had applied before RL caused you to step away, we're making an exception to the closed applications for you. I'm going to PM you the applicants channel now.

Please understand though that we have had a tendency to fill up on raids lately and first the boxes are booted then the applicants when that happens. If it happens to you, I apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

We normally raid Tue, Wed, & Sat at 8-8:30 EST but this week we've switched Wednesday for tonight so if you're around it would be great to see you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a tell or PM.

Thanks!
Silly

tuiaanen
Whee!

Postby tuiaanen » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:19 am

I have to second what Kayrian said. I spent most of last night grouping with Gruub. Not only is he an extremely good player, he's a terrific guy to be around. I will definitely vote yes.

Gruub
Whee!

Postby Gruub » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:18 am

Had a great time in Time, Ikkz and doing the 70.3 exp.....sorry to miss the 2nd half of Time on Saturday, had a dinner to go to with the ole family that I forgot about. Will be on tonight for sure and looking for some CN to exp or quest with. I heard a few peeps in the raid chatting that they were on tier 3 (DoN). Feel free to shoot me a tell anytime if you wanna work on tier 3 as I am also on that lvl.....weeeee, see you all online! Gruub