Marah Blackthorne - 70 Rogue Application

Applications are open for all classes. Hello!

Moderator: Littlabit

Forum rules
Remember to read the CN Rules and Policies first!

Marah Blackthorne - 70 Rogue Application

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:44 pm

I'd like to appologize in advance for not getting this application in before the Wednsday cut-off date and if my application is extended indefintely or denied all together for that reason I'll understand.

Name: Marah Blackthorne
Class: Rogue
Level: 70
AA: 166
Keys/Flags: All keys except Sleeper. Time and KT flagged. Missing 1 Sol Ro mini (Arlyxir).
Magelo: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=705183
Previous Guilds: Daughters of Norrath, Epic Shadows, Epic Heroes, Alternate Eclipse.

I am looking for a great guild who can higher end raid content yet isn't hardcore. Since most of my in game friends are in Celestial Navigators it is only the natural coice!

If there is any information that I have forgotten or you would like to know please feel free to ask.

I have spoken with Galarina about the deadline and why my app is late. Unforseen circumstances in my real life (work overload and my ISP going down for nearly a week :x ) kept me from meeting the deadline. Again if this application is denied for that reason alone I'll understand.

Thanks for your time!

--Marah

Marah
Whee!

Postby Marah » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:29 pm

Couldn't edit my original post (don't know why I was logged in as "Guest") but thanks to Dificeman I'll get the proper format here.

The Basics

-Name: Marah Blackthorne
-Class: Rogue
-Level: 70
-How many AAs? 166

-Magelo Number (if you have one): http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=705183

-Is this character a main or an alt? Main

-List which keys and flags you have. All keys but Sleeper. Time and KT flagged.

-Do you have a clicky buff item? Yes.

-Do you currently have an Enduring Breath item? Yes.

A Little Bit About Yourself

-What are a few things you enjoy most about your class?

I love playing a rogue for the sneaky and underhanded style of play. Picking pockets, fighting dirty, that certian swagger in the step...

-What are a few things you enjoy most about playing EQ? (For example: raiding, grouping, soloing, tradeskilling, exploring, questing, etc)

All of the above. I love questing (for others as well as myself) because it breaks up the monotony of XP grinding. I tradeskill in downtime or while LFG.

-Give us an example of what you normally do when you play right now. What does a typical evening of playing EQ look like?

Well right now it consists of mainly soloing until I find a group. Pretty boring for the most part. That's why I'm applying! To find another family.

-Tell us some of your short and long term goals for your character. (For example: quests, epic, tradeskills, leveling, AA ability, etc)

I am a little over halfway through my epic 1.5 but am really in no rush to finish it. I plan on mastering all tradeskills eventually but I'm just concentrating on getting all tradeskills up to 200 first.

-When do you normally play EQ? What is your time zone?

I play whenever I find the time. I don't really have a set timeframe in which I play. I live in the Pacific time zone.

-Please list your alts on this server (just names).

Seudar, Sindera, Renla, Sollaiel, Mala and Quaylen.

-Please tell us which other guilds you have been a part of and why you chose to leave.

Daughters of Norrath -- Creator and leader (before handing it off to Galarina). I no longer had time to play and therefore took a much more passive role in the guild until it disbanded.

Epic Shadows -- Memeber for a few months before they eventually disbanded.

Epic Heroes -- Member for only about a month before deciding that their playtime wasn't a good fit with me.

Alternate Eclipse -- Member for all but the first weeks. Guild disbanded.

-If you are still a member in another guild we want to know that too and why. I only have my AE tag. Will remove if desired.

Your Experience with CN

I know quite a few members of CN and have had nothing but positive experiences with all of them. Quite a few CN members have known me from other guilds and the fact that they decided to join CN speaks highly for the guild as a whole.

-Do you know any current members of CN? Have you ever raided or hunted with us? Please give specific names and events if you can remember.

There are WAY too many seperate occasions I have grouped with CN members but here are some of the highlights:

Galarina: Met her when she was level 12 soloing in North Karana. We have grouped throughout the years and I loved every minute of it. She's the reason I stuck with EQ for so long.

Dificeman: Guilded with him in AE. Great guy and good friend.

Soulls: Knew him when he was a touch more scaly (Blizzarrd). Took the bug that made me redo my epic 1.0 from the beginning almost as hard as me! :lol:

I can think of about 2 dozen more but those would be the top 3.

-Why are you applying to CN? Is there a specific reason you chose to apply to our guild?

The members. I know so many CN members and each one I would consider a friend. Above all I'm looking for a new EQ family.

-Tell us what your goals are for applying... what do you hope to get out of the guild? Is there anything about how you play EQ now that you hope will change once you are guilded?

I'm looking for the companionship that comes with joining a guild and the occasional high end raid. Other than that I would most probably still play the same.

-I have read the CN Rules and Policies and understand and agree with them (Yes/No) Yes, of course.

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:48 pm

Woot Bout time Marah /cheer for ES =) hehe .. Im so glad to see yer official app .. hope to see ya more in game!!
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Laurren
I've fallen and I can't get up!

Postby Laurren » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:51 pm

/wave Marah!!

I don't get too much playtime, but Marah is definately an awesome character. Known her since probably the first few months of playing EQ.

It's awesome to see old friends sneaking up!!
<center>Image
Laurren Lifetouch
Lvl 66Necromancer
</center>

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:31 pm

woot for AE! too bad i dont meet top 3 8(
~Predator Skratz Nsniff º¿º
Now residing in WoW

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:02 am

Marah, I can remember grouping with you in the Plane of Growth like 4 years ago, LOL. There was a shaman who would come along... can't think of his name now though. Was it Vorosh? heh...

Glad to see your application. We are closed now, but we might make one exception due to your problems getting online to apply earlier.

Zylabar
Whee!

Postby Zylabar » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:53 am

Whoot! About time you app'd you slacker! .....

Let her in! We need more ROGUES!

Zylabar

Marah
Whee!

Postby Marah » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Szork wrote:Marah, I can remember grouping with you in the Plane of Growth like 4 years ago, LOL. There was a shaman who would come along... can't think of his name now though. Was it Vorosh? heh...

And I'm STILL trying to fix my Kelethin faction! :lol:

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:44 am

just kill the elves too, makes life easier

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:07 am

I can remember grouping with you in the Plane of Growth like 4 years ago

I can just imagine Kahlyla saying "but you forgot to take the trash last night you &?$*#?%*%".
Lachaise Flechedargent
70 Paladin
Officer and Sheriff
Celestial Navigators

Lappy
49 Enchanter

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:10 am

Great to see your app Marah.

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:14 am

rogues name Marah are sexy

Nimor
Whee!

Postby Nimor » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:59 am

I'll cut ya a deal. You give me Shakey's Head and I'll vote for ya... deal?? JK Glad to see you apped and cant wait to get to know you.

Marah
Whee!

Postby Marah » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:38 am

Nimor wrote:I'll cut ya a deal. You give me Shakey's Head and I'll vote for ya... deal?? JK Glad to see you apped and cant wait to get to know you.

Heh I have two rotting in the bank...Any bard that wants to help me get the orbs I need get the other head! :wink: